ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Bitcoin, Altcoins, NFT's & All Things Crypto

More. A lot more. We're just scratching the surface of institutional investment. Between the ETF's, halving, and the upcoming FASB accounting change we've only scratched the surface.

ETF's continue to see inflows, despite GBTC bleeding out.
Halving creates a supply shock unlike anything.
FASB makes it easier for corporations to hold btc on their balance sheet.

There's been a Bitcoin saying for some time gradually then suddenly. We've witnessed a lot of gradually...

... suddenly is coming. 250-450k would NOT surprise me this upcoming cycle.

And yes there will be drastic pullbacks as people take profit.
Is there a level where you would take BTC profit? I'm of the mindset to hold and add during the next bear, but I probably should at least pull out my principle and let the pure profit ride.

Is there a level where you would take BTC profit? I'm of the mindset to hold and add during the next bear, but I probably should at least pull out my principle and let the pure profit ride.
Put simply, no.

I dont want to explain to my daughter 20 years from now why I sold.

It's a limited asset.
They can (and do) always print more money.
They can always find more gold or silver.
Bitcoin supply is immutable.

Put simply, no.

It's a limited asset.
Very good point about passing BTC along to the next generation.

Put simply, no.

It's a limited asset.
GBTC is still holding strong despite higher fees. If it’s bleeding out (outflows are definitely more than inflows), why is their price continuing to do well?

Reactions: bob-loblaw
GBTC is still holding strong despite higher fees. If it’s bleeding out (outflows are definitely more than inflows), why is their price continuing to do well?
GBTC price is pegged to the BTC price. Inflows and outflows don't impact GTBC price. However, it does impact the amount of money Grayscale makes on their fee.

Fidelity added BITX recently. I think I’m going to add it to the IRA

Reactions: T2Kplus20
Since it’s been a while since I chimed in on BTC, what’s the current BTC investment thesis? Let’s keep in mind:

*Tesla cashed out in July
*El Salvador BTC holdings are down 60% and BTC use has collapsed in the country
*BTC pumpers on CNBC have disappeared
*Block, Microstrategy, etc. are taking beatings and Saylor left his CEO role now that Microstrategy has lost almost $1B on BTC
*Security/exploits/fraud still rampant across crypto world
*News-cycles on crypto suck
*Regulation unknown

To the hodlers, why buy?

I love that you dug up that gem.

10 days til halving. Knowing how btc operates, we'll see a dip as its consistently been a buy the news asset.
Then I will continually keep tax harvesting without any wash rule. I feel like my crypto buying/selling has really helped me with taxes over the past 3yrs

Does this mean a direct buy or via the Coinbase Wallet? Are you still bullish on SHDW?
Direct buy. It's my largest holding at the moment at around 35%. Very much overweight but comfortable with it. The team has been building since the fall of 21 and have been methodical throughout the bear, FTX dump, etc. The tokenomics are as good as you'll see. The biggest thing working against them is that FTX had bought in early and was holding somewhere around 9 million tokens. It's speculated that Coinbase acquired them OTC to facilitate their listing. When Coinbase lists, everyone else follows. There is no team fund or reserved tokens for such things, any future exchanges need to market buy to list.

They do not hype things, they actually have done quite the opposite all along. That said, they have teased an announcement at the upcoming Solana Crossroads conference on May 10th. Gut feeling is they wouldn't do such a thing if it wasn't big. If I had to guess, I'd say it something AI storage related.

First sell target would be $5 for me. It can go much, much higher.

Direct buy. It's my largest holding at the moment at around 35%. Very much overweight but comfortable with it. The team has been building since the fall of 21 and have been methodical throughout the bear, FTX dump, etc. The tokenomics are as good as you'll see. The biggest thing working against them is that FTX had bought in early and was holding somewhere around 9 million tokens. It's speculated that Coinbase acquired them OTC to facilitate their listing. When Coinbase lists, everyone else follows. There is no team fund or reserved tokens for such things, any future exchanges need to market buy to list.

They do not hype things, they actually have done quite the opposite all along. That said, they have teased an announcement at the upcoming Solana Crossroads conference on May 10th. Gut feeling is they wouldn't do such a thing if it wasn't big. If I had to guess, I'd say it something AI storage related.

First sell target would be $5 for me. It can go much, much higher.
Yes, just saw I can buy via Coinbase Advanced trading platform. DePIN data storage is going to be big. And the leader, Filecoin blows.

I'll start a position later today.

ADVERTISEMENT