ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Bitcoin, Altcoins, NFT's & All Things Crypto

I’ll give you the details that I see: Bitcoin

-5.45% day
-19.32% week
-28.45% month
-41.76% year

and people that bought alt coins late last year are getting CRUSHED; many down 80% or more.
I'll give you the details I see: Bitcoin
60% of holders in profit
up 205% in two years
up 263% in three years

Your short term mindset set means shit. As I've said from day 1 on this thread, btc is a long term play. Instead of coming to this thread off of cute headlines your read on CNBC & Drudge, maybe do some research. If you did, maybe you'd see that there is a tremendous oppo staring you in the face. But hey what do I know...

What does the on-chain data say?
I deleted that post. While a bourbon inspire holy shit moment led me to post that, in talking to people more knowledgeable than I, it's not as much of a holy shit as I thought. While it's a good sign that bitfinex longs have gone parabolic the past 10 days upwards to 83k, it's not as correlated to future price as much as some bourbon would have led me to believe.

I'll give you the details I see: Bitcoin
60% of holders in profit
up 205% in two years
up 263% in three years

Your short term mindset set means shit. As I've said from day 1 on this thread, btc is a long term play. Instead of coming to this thread off of cute headlines your read on CNBC & Drudge, maybe do some research. If you did, maybe you'd see that there is a tremendous oppo staring you in the face. But hey what do I know...

——————-
Well, your many posts on your many alt coins last year turned to shit. You might understand the technology, but you don’t have a clue which direction the value is going.

Interesting that you’re calling for a tremendous opportunity; which there certainly could be but, you also thought there was a big opportunity last November when you said you wouldn’t be surprised if Bitcoin hit $100k by the end of November 2021 and $250k by February 2022. Get off your high horse.

Last edited:
So what actually works?
Could BTC takeover for the dollar - nope?
Transactions way to slow....
Who does CNBC pump BTC & ETC?

Who did the Feds/SEC go after?
XRP a direct threat to their empire...

I mean really what is the difference between Etherium & XRP ?
Nothing - both Securities or not. The SEC picked ETH...to win and went after XRP. I mean other countries are using XRP like Japan.

XRP is kicking the SEC ass in court from what I hear....

BTC & ETC goes up and down as the NASDAQ runs - so how is that getting out of the system?

They both dont work Vitaly is looking for Etherium 2.0 to work better....yeesh.

XRP & XLM work now and are being adopted by countries - Peace out

I mean these guys that think they are cowboys investing in BTC - the shit doesnt work for sending cross border payments the same day. lol how could that work ever?

Sorry forgot about this and then CNBC throws out this story that Coinbase could go bankrupt...lol Of course they could like any other bank. They want to bring back into the clutches of JP Morgan or Goldmann Sachs...oh that Coinbase couldn't be trusted but Jamie Dimon has a much more secure wallet. lol

They are herding you like sheep - get a Trezor or Nano S - Coinbase does the same thing as banks do - fractional reserves - you put in 10K they turn into a million dollars to play with. Once you take it out of Coinbase you own it and they cant mess with it. If BOA or JP Morgan go down Coinbase is going down - get your crypto off Coinbase! ASAP

Sorry forgot about this and then CNBC throws out this story that Coinbase could go bankrupt...lol Of course they could like any other bank. They want to bring back into the clutches of JP Morgan or Goldmann Sachs...oh that Coinbase couldn't be trusted but Jamie Dimon has a much more secure wallet. lol

They are herding you like sheep - get a Trezor or Nano S - Coinbase does the same thing as banks do - fractional reserves - you put in 10K they turn into a million dollars to play with. Once you take it out of Coinbase you own it and they cant mess with it. If BOA or JP Morgan go down Coinbase is going down - get your crypto off Coinbase! ASAP
I think the bankruptcy story with Coinbase is this:

"As if crypto investors don’t have enough to worry about. This past week, a 10-Q from crypto exchange Coinbase Global COIN +16.02% , which had missed earnings estimates, suggested that customers could lose their assets if the company went bankrupt

Also note, BOA and JPM make money, while Coinbase loses money.

No doubt their lawyers insisted on the disclosure, since these aren’t SIPC or FDIC insured accounts. If this were to file bankruptcy ( not saying I think it will file, just saying if it did), you’d have some well funded distressed funds looking to grab as mush of the estate as possible. They would certainly go after those accounts.

When bonds trade into the low 60s, as Coinbase senior notes have, it sends a distress signal. Given how low the coupon is on the notes, you could argue it’s a yield adjustment to reflect the general sell off in high yield bonds. That said, if I’m a lawyer and see that trading level, I insist on the bankruptcy disclosure. And, you can bet that distressed investors are buying them off off par HY buyers at these prices. Will be fascinating to watch.

And there you have it folks. I always said you’ll see the underlying tech divorce from crypto. My hope is/was that Block would be working on a similar project because no way anyone will trust BSN with China lurking in the background.

From ARK (a BTC and crypto bull):

Terra Blowup Sends A Warning To Crypto Markets

Crypto markets deteriorated sharply last week as the largest algorithmic stablecoin, UST, broke its peg to the dollar, triggering a death spiral that eventually led to its collapse. Prior to the collapse, which began last weekend, UST and Luna, its companion cryptoasset that is intended to be used to maintain the price stability of UST, were valued at approximately $18.7 billion and $28 billion, respectively. As of this writing, their combined market cap is roughly $2 billion, down 96% over the last week. Even the $2 billion valuation appears spurious because several exchanges either have stopped trading or have delisted the assets, and validators have at times stopped or limited transactions on the underlying Terra blockchain.

In our view, Terra’s unraveling stems from its price stability mechanism. Unlike USDC, a fully collateralized stablecoin backed 1-to-1 by cash and cash-like instruments in a bank, Terra sought to maintain UST’s price peg to the dollar algorithmically using Luna to absorb changes in demand for UST. Although that strategy worked in relatively stable market conditions, a broad-based selloff decreased the demand for all cryptoassets, including UST and Luna, enough so that the arbitrage necessary to stabilize the UST price became unattractive to investors. The situation worsened as the Luna Foundation Guard, an entity established to defend UST’s peg in such a scenario, deployed the $3 billion BTC in its war-chest to backstop the peg, and failed.

In addition to causing the crash in UST and Luna, Terra might be the largest layer 1 blockchain failure in crypto history and has impacted every protocol and cryptoasset associated with it. Most of the approximately $28 billion in value locked in DeFi on the blockchain as of May 7th has evaporated. Built upon a proof-of-stake blockchain, Luna’s price crash also has introduced negative externalities for the security of the network, forcing network operators to take the blockchain offline to protect any remaining on-chain value.

Terra’s demise is one of the largest fiascos in crypto market history as measured by market capitalization affected relative to total crypto market cap. Compared to the Mt. Gox hack in 2014 that stole 7% of outstanding bitcoin, Terra’s collapse has destroyed roughly 3% of crypto’s total market capitalization.

As the Terra blowup prompts more stringent regulation of crypto in general and stablecoins in particular, we believe that more secure and conservative blockchains like Bitcoin and Ethereum will continue to gain market share in the crypto market ecosystem.

“we believe that more secure and conservative blockchains….”

lol

yeah, I don’t understand…..

Anyone see the CNBC interview with Caitlin Long of Custodia Bank discussing BTC this afternoon? Go watch it - painfully obvious how little the “experts” know and how certain aspects of BTC simply doesn’t make sense.

Smart move. I wonder if others will follow...
They just announced this live as keynote speakers at the permissionless event in west palm beach.

makes complete sense to get traditional investors easier access to crypto in general. It’s way too complicated if you want to do much if anything other than buying a coin/token

"500 years from now".............. lolz..........
In 500 years BTC will be the official currency of the planet Musk f/k/a Mars.
All I can say is that I hope BTC/crypto doesn’t crash because it will take down the entire market.

——————-
Well, your many posts on your many alt coins last year turned to shit. You might understand the technology, but you don’t have a clue which direction the value is going.

Interesting that you’re calling for a tremendous opportunity; which there certainly could be but, you also thought there was a big opportunity last November when you said you wouldn’t be surprised if Bitcoin hit $100k by the end of November 2021 and $250k by February 2022. Get off your high horse.

-----------------------

I cant properly quote your post right since you jacked up your quote, but let me chime in.

Yes, I shilled alts. Lets cycle through them.
ELA - holding and still believe is the best web 3.0 play in the space. Price has is now at the same level it was when I first recoo'd it. I continue to hold and occasionally buy more.
DCR - Did a nice 5x from my recommendation and is now down. Still a long term hold
AXS - made a recco when it was under $2. I sold my position from $75 - $125
Filda - straight shit. I lost several hundred here, more annoyed that I lost time learning their defi platform

Other shitcoins that I took a shot on. 2CRZ, Atlas, Bmon and maybe a few others I took a shot on. All random coins that were pennies on the dollar. Either way, I barely shill in alt coins and have maintained that 80-90% of my crypto is in btc/eth. So dont come on here looking up a few random posts and firing off some rubbish about what I do or do not have a clue on.

You're right, I did once say that I could see that happening. If you also looked around I have also said I wouldnt be surprised if it went to 30 or 40 back when it was in the 60's. But hey, keep digging through a 48 page thread to fact check me. Have at it broheim.

I've also been very candid in the last few mos on where the price was trending.
This is me now on my high horse. Arrogance commence... You can f-o now.

Reactions: ScarletNut
No doubt their lawyers insisted on the disclosure, since these aren’t SIPC or FDIC insured accounts. If this were to file bankruptcy ( not saying I think it will file, just saying if it did), you’d have some well funded distressed funds looking to grab as mush of the estate as possible. They would certainly go after those accounts.

When bonds trade into the low 60s, as Coinbase senior notes have, it sends a distress signal. Given how low the coupon is on the notes, you could argue it’s a yield adjustment to reflect the general sell off in high yield bonds. That said, if I’m a lawyer and see that trading level, I insist on the bankruptcy disclosure. And, you can bet that distressed investors are buying them off off par HY buyers at these prices. Will be fascinating to watch.
Yes, it's one of the biggest concerns in crypto. It's another reason for self-custody.

Anyone see the CNBC interview with Caitlin Long of Custodia Bank discussing BTC this afternoon? Go watch it - painfully obvious how little the “experts” know and how certain aspects of BTC simply doesn’t make sense.
Not going to lie, I watched that and didnt see an issue. If anything, the dude from tech check shows how little he knows about crypto, by proclaiming a magic 15k price based off of 1 stock. She clearly states there's room to run down still, which I agree with, pending a recession. And she outlines the transactional future of lightning. I'll take people like her talking in the btc space over Novagratz

The ESG dropping Tesla is the most infuriating thing I've read in a while, and I've read lots of infuriating things. See Pomp's newsletter:

CFTC Chairman Rostin Behnam attended the POLITICO’s Sustainability Summit yesterday and was asked about bitcoin mining, proof-of-work, and energy consumption. As you would expect at an environmental conference, Behnam spoke out aggressively against bitcoin mining.

He specifically stated there was a “...clear dislocation between the usage and generation that’s needed to mine these coins and the sort of economic output that we’re seeing from digital assets themselves. That may rebalance over time, but right now it’s clearly skewed.”

It seems weird that a leading financial regulator is talking about energy consumption as a framework to evaluate a financial asset, especially when you remind yourself what the CFTC is tasked with doing:

“The Commodity Futures Trading Commission protects the public from fraud, manipulation, and abusive practices related to the sale of commodity and financial futures and options, and to fosters open, competitive, and financially sound futures and option markets. They investigate and prosecute commodities fraud, including foreign currency schemes, energy manipulation and hedge fund fraud, and works with other federal and state agencies to bring criminal and other actions.”

Now this concern from the climate, whether real or virtue signaling, did not appear out of the blue. Last year the CFTC and Chairman Behnam set up a Climate Risk Unit, which they described in a press release:

“Commodity Futures Trading Commission Acting Chairman Rostin Behnam today announced he has established the Climate Risk Unit (CRU) to support the agency’s mission by focusing on the role of derivatives in understanding, pricing, and addressing climate-related risk and transitioning to a low-carbon economy. Comprised of staff from across the CFTC’s operating divisions and offices, the CRU represents the agency’s next step in response to what has become a global call to action on tackling climate change. The CRU is intended to accelerate early CFTC engagement in support of industry-led and market-driven processes in the climate—and the larger ESG—space critical to ensuring that new products and markets fairly facilitate hedging, price discovery, market transparency, and capital allocation.”

The CFTC is embracing the ESG movement. That sounds like a good thing, right? Well…there is mounting evidence that the entire ESG argument is simply virtue signaling. Let’s take a look at the most recent example — Tesla, the company responsible for ushering in an electric vehicle bonanza, was removed from the S&P ESG Index yesterday.

You can’t make this stuff up.

Tesla CEO Elon Musk was obviously not going to sit around and allow the irony to pass without commenting. Yesterday morning the world’s richest man began to attack the ESG movement in an attempt to expose the hypocrisy.

Twitter avatar for @elonmuskElon Musk @elonmusk

Exxon is rated top ten best in world for environment, social & governance (ESG) by S&P 500, while Tesla didn’t make the list! ESG is a scam. It has been weaponized by phony social justice warriors.

May 18th 2022

39,547 Retweets275,196 Likes

.@SPGlobalRatings has lost their integrity

May 18th 2022

6,841 Retweets91,332 Likes

This seem like fair critiques of an organization that has apparently lost the plot. But to really ratchet up the conversation, Elon resorted to memes as well. Why? The meme is the message.

Pretty funny meme.

It is important to call out that everyone in the environmental or ESG movement is not a bad actor. Many, if not most, are trying to improve the way that we interact with the environment and they generally have good intentions. The problem is that a loud minority has essentially hijacked the movement and turned it into a weapon across markets.

This brings me to my main point — energy consumption is at the core of everything we do. It is literally how we produce things.

Bitcoin mining is estimated to have a sustainable energy mix of 58.8% globally, which makes it one of the most sustainable industries in the world. In comparison, the US economy is only at approximately 12%.

Rather than celebrate bitcoin mining’s ability to leverage renewable power and put it on the pedestal as an example for other industry’s to replicate, we have financial regulators attacking the industry in an effort to appeal to environmentalists who believe Exxon is more environmentally friendly than Tesla.

That tells you everything you need to know about this debate. As my friend Jason Williams recently said in an interview, “When we have solar-powered tanks I’ll be happy to opine on this but until then, stop moralizing power.”

Reactions: RUfromSoCal?
The ESG dropping Tesla is the most infuriating thing I've read in a while, and I've read lots of infuriating things. See Pomp's newsletter:

CFTC Chairman Rostin Behnam attended the POLITICO’s Sustainability Summit yesterday and was asked about bitcoin mining, proof-of-work, and energy consumption. As you would expect at an environmental conference, Behnam spoke out aggressively against bitcoin mining.

He specifically stated there was a “...clear dislocation between the usage and generation that’s needed to mine these coins and the sort of economic output that we’re seeing from digital assets themselves. That may rebalance over time, but right now it’s clearly skewed.”

It seems weird that a leading financial regulator is talking about energy consumption as a framework to evaluate a financial asset, especially when you remind yourself what the CFTC is tasked with doing:

“The Commodity Futures Trading Commission protects the public from fraud, manipulation, and abusive practices related to the sale of commodity and financial futures and options, and to fosters open, competitive, and financially sound futures and option markets. They investigate and prosecute commodities fraud, including foreign currency schemes, energy manipulation and hedge fund fraud, and works with other federal and state agencies to bring criminal and other actions.”

Now this concern from the climate, whether real or virtue signaling, did not appear out of the blue. Last year the CFTC and Chairman Behnam set up a Climate Risk Unit, which they described in a press release:

“Commodity Futures Trading Commission Acting Chairman Rostin Behnam today announced he has established the Climate Risk Unit (CRU) to support the agency’s mission by focusing on the role of derivatives in understanding, pricing, and addressing climate-related risk and transitioning to a low-carbon economy. Comprised of staff from across the CFTC’s operating divisions and offices, the CRU represents the agency’s next step in response to what has become a global call to action on tackling climate change. The CRU is intended to accelerate early CFTC engagement in support of industry-led and market-driven processes in the climate—and the larger ESG—space critical to ensuring that new products and markets fairly facilitate hedging, price discovery, market transparency, and capital allocation.”

The CFTC is embracing the ESG movement. That sounds like a good thing, right? Well…there is mounting evidence that the entire ESG argument is simply virtue signaling. Let’s take a look at the most recent example — Tesla, the company responsible for ushering in an electric vehicle bonanza, was removed from the S&P ESG Index yesterday.

You can’t make this stuff up.

Tesla CEO Elon Musk was obviously not going to sit around and allow the irony to pass without commenting. Yesterday morning the world’s richest man began to attack the ESG movement in an attempt to expose the hypocrisy.

Exxon is rated top ten best in world for environment, social & governance (ESG) by S&P 500, while Tesla didn’t make the list! ESG is a scam. It has been weaponized by phony social justice warriors.
May 18th 2022

39,547 Retweets275,196 Likes

.@SPGlobalRatings has lost their integrity
May 18th 2022

6,841 Retweets91,332 Likes

This seem like fair critiques of an organization that has apparently lost the plot. But to really ratchet up the conversation, Elon resorted to memes as well. Why? The meme is the message.

Pretty funny meme.

It is important to call out that everyone in the environmental or ESG movement is not a bad actor. Many, if not most, are trying to improve the way that we interact with the environment and they generally have good intentions. The problem is that a loud minority has essentially hijacked the movement and turned it into a weapon across markets.

This brings me to my main point — energy consumption is at the core of everything we do. It is literally how we produce things.

Bitcoin mining is estimated to have a sustainable energy mix of 58.8% globally, which makes it one of the most sustainable industries in the world. In comparison, the US economy is only at approximately 12%.

Rather than celebrate bitcoin mining’s ability to leverage renewable power and put it on the pedestal as an example for other industry’s to replicate, we have financial regulators attacking the industry in an effort to appeal to environmentalists who believe Exxon is more environmentally friendly than Tesla.

That tells you everything you need to know about this debate. As my friend Jason Williams recently said in an interview, “When we have solar-powered tanks I’ll be happy to opine on this but until then, stop moralizing power.”
ESG is nothing more than TSPLC of green. Providing the thin veil of non-bias cover for a very biased agenda..

Reactions: RUDead
——————-

-----------------------

I cant properly quote your post right since you jacked up your quote, but let me chime in.

Yes, I shilled alts. Lets cycle through them.
ELA - holding and still believe is the best web 3.0 play in the space. Price has is now at the same level it was when I first recoo'd it. I continue to hold and occasionally buy more.
DCR - Did a nice 5x from my recommendation and is now down. Still a long term hold
AXS - made a recco when it was under $2. I sold my position from $75 - $125
Filda - straight shit. I lost several hundred here, more annoyed that I lost time learning their defi platform

Other shitcoins that I took a shot on. 2CRZ, Atlas, Bmon and maybe a few others I took a shot on. All random coins that were pennies on the dollar. Either way, I barely shill in alt coins and have maintained that 80-90% of my crypto is in btc/eth. So dont come on here looking up a few random posts and firing off some rubbish about what I do or do not have a clue on.

You're right, I did once say that I could see that happening. If you also looked around I have also said I wouldnt be surprised if it went to 30 or 40 back when it was in the 60's. But hey, keep digging through a 48 page thread to fact check me. Have at it broheim.

I've also been very candid in the last few mos on where the price was trending.
This is me now on my high horse. Arrogance commence... You can f-o now.
Just curious- are your crypto investments in the hundreds range, tens of thousands…? Trying to gauge your financial commitment to crypto.

Don’t know anything about crypto but that Bitwise commercial comparing it to seasoning is awful.

I dont mind disclosing. it peaked around 130 in Nov.
Just wanted to know if you had real skin in the game. Was chatting with some guy the other day that was educating me on the virtues of BTC and he said how he’s been buying “like crazy” at these $30K levels. Then I come to find out he bought $500 that week and owned about $15K of BTC in total, which I found hilarious.

Reactions: patk89
Don’t know anything about crypto but that Bitwise commercial comparing it to seasoning is awful.
Lol. I have yet to see it. This reminds me a lot of 2000, with oversaturation of commercials that are awful. I vividly recall the sock puppet for pets . com. History will repeat itself... there will be a ton of flush out and few will survive.

Just wanted to know if you had real skin in the game. Was chatting with some guy the other day that was educating me on the virtues of BTC and he said how he’s been buying “like crazy” at these $30K levels. Then I come to find out he bought $500 that week and owned about $15K of BTC in total, which I found hilarious.
100% Yeah, my response to those people is usually a bit smug - come back to me when you're a whole-coiner.

Side note, I think the Luna debacle is good for crypto. I think it's going to continue to hurt the altcoin market and push people into the dominant coin, btc. I also expected the dip to be lower once Do Kwon dumped his btc. The lower dip will come when we see full blown recession.

Lol. I have yet to see it. This reminds me a lot of 2000, with oversaturation of commercials that are awful. I vividly recall the sock puppet for pets . com. History will repeat itself... there will be a ton of flush out and few will survive.

100% Yeah, my response to those people is usually a bit smug - come back to me when you're a whole-coiner.

Side note, I think the Luna debacle is good for crypto. I think it's going to continue to hurt the altcoin market and push people into the dominant coin, btc. I also expected the dip to be lower once Do Kwon dumped his btc. The lower dip will come when we see full blown recession.

I had one of those Pets.com puppets. Got it at a conference. LOL.

Wish I still had it.

So Yellen and Powell earlier this year said we have to regulate those Stable coins and my boy and many others lost plus 30K after Terra Luna depegged...my guess is they will go after Tether next...

They are herding you into USD Coin which is owned by the FEDS....so they can track you. imo

Like the only coins the Feds have come after is Veritaseum and XRP are coins that actually work globally.

They gave BTC and ETH a pass....how the **** does that work? They are all the same but the coins that work are Securities....total BS.

The shit is so corrupt - Gary go **** yourself Genseler...piece of shit - no honest markets in the US anymore.

I mean you have a President that doesn't know if he is on foot or horseback with a son that has bilked every ChiComm company and hooker for every last piece of crack and you wonder why is the US so ****ed up?

Peace out

So Yellen and Powell earlier this year said we have to regulate those Stable coins and my boy and many others lost plus 30K after Terra Luna depegged...my guess is they will go after Tether next...

They are herding you into USD Coin which is owned by the FEDS....so they can track you. imo

Like the only coins the Feds have come after is Veritaseum and XRP are coins that actually work globally.

They gave BTC and ETH a pass....how the **** does that work? They are all the same but the coins that work are Securities....total BS.

The shit is so corrupt - Gary go **** yourself Genseler...piece of shit - no honest markets in the US anymore.

I mean you have a President that doesn't know if he is on foot or horseback with a son that has bilked every ChiComm company and hooker for every last piece of crack and you wonder why is the US so ****ed up?

Peace out
Cool story

Cool story
forget_it_he_s_rolling-DMID1-5hiej78ui-250x250.gif

Since this is a football board, figured I would give a heads up that there is a dynasty fantasy football nft founded by bored apes. I won 7.5 eth from it last year and was a Rashad Penny td run away from winning a bored ape with 150 eth floor at the time. Its called spoiled banana society. Message me if any questions, its legit as it comes in nfts. Not some bs pfp hype project.

Since this is a football board, figured I would give a heads up that there is a dynasty fantasy football nft founded by bored apes. I won 7.5 eth from it last year and was a Rashad Penny td run away from winning a bored ape with 150 eth floor at the time. Its called spoiled banana society. Message me if any questions, its legit as it comes in nfts. Not some bs pfp hype project.
Is it run by a Nigerian prince? Where should I send my bank account number?

Is it run by a Nigerian prince? Where should I send my bank account number?
I mean you can believe me or not. I dont really care. Check it out and DYOR or not. One of the founders just won a grammy. Its legit but dont take my word (or anyone in crypto or nfts.)

I mean you can believe me or not. I dont really care. Check it out and DYOR or not. One of the founders just won a grammy. Its legit but dont take my word (or anyone in crypto or nfts.)
What’s the entry fee? And if it’s free where is the money trail?

Sounds interesting, I’ll check it out. Thanks for the info

ADVERTISEMENT