ADVERTISEMENT

OT: BLOCKERS movie

OffTheBanks

All American
Feb 4, 2004
Pasadena, CA
Hey guys. Apologies for the self promotion, but my brother and I (both Rutgers grads) wrote a movie that comes out next Friday, April 6. It's called Blockers and stars John Cena, among others, and was produced by Seth Rogen & Evan Goldberg and Jon Hurwitz & Hayden Schlossberg (the guys who made Harold & Kumar). It's getting very positive reviews (91% positive on Rotten Tomatoes now). If you like rated-R comedies, please consider checking it out. Thanks!

images

You should continue to self promote..that’s awesome!

Movie looks hysterical and I am definitely going to the movies to see it. Wish you all the best and hope it’s a major hit

Hey guys. Apologies for the self promotion, but my brother and I (both Rutgers grads) wrote a movie that comes out next Friday, April 6. It's called Blockers and stars John Cena, among others, and was produced by Seth Rogen & Evan Goldberg and Jon Hurwitz & Hayden Schlossberg (the guys who made Harold & Kumar). It's getting very positive reviews (91% positive on Rotten Tomatoes now). If you like rated-R comedies, please consider checking it out. Thanks!

images
Congrats! Great Stuff!

Reactions: OffTheBanks

images
Congrats and good luck. Looking forward to seeing it.

Awesome, can't wait to see it! Any RU mentions in the film lol...

I always thought about trying to write a movie, I have read a little about it and it seems like an extremely tough thing to do. Great to see some RU guys having success. Hope it makes a killing!

Awesome, can't wait to see it! Any RU mentions in the film lol...

I always thought about trying to write a movie, I have read a little about it and it seems like an extremely tough thing to do. Great to see some RU guys having success. Hope it makes a killing!

There were RU mentions in early drafts when it was set in NY, but now it's set in Chicago, so no RU. :(

Congrats, love to see RU grads being creative and doing well in the world. Saw the trailer and thought it looked pretty good, but I was going to wait to see it until it came out on video. Will have to make it a date night with the wife now.

Love Ike Barinholtz's work in Easbound and Down, The League, and Mindy Project, looking forward to seeing him in this.

Congrats, love to see RU grads being creative and doing well in the world. Saw the trailer and thought it looked pretty good, but I was going to wait to see it until it came out on video. Will have to make it a date night with the wife now.

Love Ike Barinholtz's work in Easbound and Down, The League, and Mindy Project, looking forward to seeing him in this.

Thanks! Ike is REALLY funny in it. The trailers are a bit misleading. A lot of the reviewers say they're surprised about how much they enjoyed the movie because they didn't like the trailers. I appreciate you checking it out -- hope you like it!

images
I can’t wait to see this. Congrats!

images

The promos look mad funny, and hits close to home since I have two teenage daughters. On second thought, do I really want to see this?? :eek: LOL!

images

Trailer was great, congrats, man.

images

Looks funny! Congrats!

Saw this movie at Rutgers Cinema this past Wednesday for an early screening. I thoroughly enjoyed it. A lot of awkward humor scenes that had the whole theater laughing. John Cena surprised me with his comedic timing. Congrats on the success!

As a lifelong WWE fan, let me say there have been a lot of commercials on USA Network during Raw and Smackdown.

WWE hasn't directly promoted it themselves like they do with their straight to DVD movies. I'm guessing maybe due to the rated R ironically, since WWE is more PG and publicly traded.

But for me, a guy who likes wrestling & raunchy comedies this looks great. John Cena did a good job in his other roles in rated R comedies so I am looking forward to this and hope you have great success!

ADVERTISEMENT