ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Boom! Hammer drops on Astros.

Good for MLB. This sounds like a fair punishment for cheating without suspending current players.

Reactions: czxqa
I know it's a different sport / issues but the Patriots got away with far less penalties, punishment, etc..

Bans should have been longer. That's the real deterrent. $5mm is the max allowed under MLB rules, and losing 1st and 2nd rounders for two years will hurt them.
When was the last time a GM or manager has been suspended for so long for an on-field reason? Not sure.

Cora will get plenty too, as he's been a part of both the Astros and Red Sox scandals. It'll be interesting to see if Beltran gets hit as well.

Reactions: RUfanSinceAnderson
Embarrassing day for mlb and the Mets organization. Their new leader was the ring leader to this scandal. This is much worse then steroids. The Mets own this scandal now

Well, as a life-long Dodger fan, I'll take what I can get out of this: nothing.

In the report:

Beltran helped come up with the scheme with electronic equipment to decode signals. He proposed the camera in the bullpen. Beltran took turns working in the hallway watching the video and deciding when to bang on the garbage can.

Cora and Beltran were the leaders of the scheme.

Reactions: superfan01
Lotta egg on all those Mets posters here who said what a great role model Beltran was. Guy is scum.

terrible day for the Mets.

Reactions: T2Kplus10
In baseball knowing the pitch ahead of time is the biggest advantage you can get. Bigger then steroids by a mile. It is completely unfair to opposing pitchers and teams. MLB must crack down. The mets must do the right thing. Beltran must go

You still need to hit the ball.

In the game that broke 1951 cheating Giants 16 game winning streak,they called every pitch thrown by the Cardinals' Howie Pollett,but he still threw a three hit shutout.

ADVERTISEMENT