ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Boom! Hammer drops on Astros.

No, when someone says they have first hand knowledge means they saw it themselves. Being told by someone else is not first hand knowledge. He wasn't on any of those teams. He has zero first hand knowledge.

Is this Fake Whisleblower ? :uzi:

Is this Fake Whisleblower ? :uzi:
I think he got a firsthand lesson on what firsthand information really is as he took the post down. There are at least 3 teams left that can sue him and what team wants a Friggen journeyman player after this BS?? Hope he has a new career lined up because it's not going to be baseball.

You dismissed my statement without thinking about it. White-collar crimes have more of an impact on society than an individual murder, but yet we have conditioned ourselves to think murder is far worse. I think the punishment should be as severe as Pete Rose. Pete got what he deserved, but the Astros got off with a slap on the hand. This is a classic case of swallow elephants whole while choking on gnats. The Astros (& Red Sox) should vacate their WS championships. The ban on the GM and manager should be longer because it doesn't stop people from trying it again. Add another year to lost draft picks to make them really feel the pain for such actions.
So now 3 people have lost their jobs most likely permanently in baseball. Houston was fined the most ever and 4 top draft picks and do you still think ther is no deterrent for anyone in the game to go down that path again?? They didn't vacate the WS but no one looks at them like winners again.

So now 3 people have lost their jobs most likely permanently in baseball. Houston was fined the most ever and 4 top draft picks and do you still think ther is no deterrent for anyone in the game to go down that path again?? They didn't vacate the WS but no one looks at them like winners again.
I was hoping both WS would be vacated. I have to admit why...I am a Dodgers fan.

Still not enough. This should be on par with the black Sox and Pete rose.

Reactions: BigWill and CERU00
Still not enough. This should be on par with the black Sox and Pete rose.
Stealing a World Series is a lot different than fixing one or any game. The first and any sports survives, the second and that is the beginning of the end.

Creative trolling 101:

The New York Yankees Single-A Short Season affiliate will be trolling the Astros when they play their affiliate on Sept. 3.

35ea5-8N_normal.jpg

Staten Island Yankees✔@SIYanks

1f6a8.png
NEW GIVEAWAY ALERT
1f6a8.png
Mini Trash Can Giveaway on Thursday, September 3rd. Tickets for this game are on sale early for this week only! To purchase click the link or call us at 718-720-9265.https://www.ticketreturn.com/prod2/BuyClear.asp?EventID=298924&continue=buynew.asp#.Xh4hnYh7mUk …

EORLDLLX0AEejls

3:22 PM - Jan 14, 2020

Reactions: T2Kplus10
I don't see yanks fans go out of their way to start threads to crap on the Mets nearly as often as Mets fans do about the yanks. Yankees fans will let the Mets organization's actions speak for themselves.
Yeah, but you gotta admit that Mets fans have almost zero material to work with.
1986 was soooo long ago.

Reactions: T2Kplus10
Yeah, but you gotta admit that Mets fans have almost zero material to work with.
1986 was soooo long ago.

That team had so much young talent that it's borderline criminal they didn't have a Jeter-like run of World Series appearances. They only had four players on the roster over 30! They should have hired former federal agents to basically live with and babysit the players at all times.

Has to be the stupidest comment of the year!! Did stealing signs allow players to hit 73 HR's? plenty with 60+ also. Stealing signs isn't a pimple on the ASS of a Steroid user. So dumb, I can't even put it into words much better.
I think stealing signs is worse. If I know the pitch I have a better chance to have a lot more HR’s. Anyone can take steroids but that doesn’t mean I will still hit HR’s.

The NY reporters will ask about this. He isn't free and clear. They should also ask him how Verlander and Morton suddenly became aces when they joined the Astros. Do you really think they only cheated at sign stealing??
100% agree with you on this.I hope all cheaters are flushed out on whatever was done across the board! Including any and all Mets players for the sake of fair play. We all bitch about all the cheating that the NCAA lets go and looks the other way on that leads to so much unbalanced play.

Reactions: BigWill
Disagree. Players and pitchers have repeatedly said stealing signs is a bigger advantage then roids. And they were only stealing signs in key instances. What was there average and hrs in the times they stole signs.? We don’t know. But a 5 foot 6 kid won a mvp and a World Series so think it makes a big deal.

Listen @ruready4somefootball I like you. But your whiffing in this thread. Take your Beltran apologist stiff to a mets board. Your outta your league here son.
I believe Beltran should be fired, I was just countering the talk that the Mets look bad when he did this before even landing the Mets job and probably lied to BVW about involvement. If in fact BVW knew, then YES, it's embarrassing to the organization, without a doubt.

Interesting interview with Alex Cora during the London series with the Yankees in 2019. The first 20 seconds say a lot about the Yankees and the hiring of Beltran. Nice wink by Cora at around 20 seconds in.

If THIS is true, BVW should be fired.
I was listening to 98.7 ESPN this morning and some former player (can't remember the person) said players change team but never speak up. It's part of the unwritten rules of baseball. The Astros were caught, but they aren't the only team doing it. There are a ton of people who should be fired. It would ruin baseball.

Has anyone seen the home/away breakdowns of some of those Astros players. I heard a bit about the differences between cheating at home and not away and it was HUGE for a couple of players.

Reactions: theRU
Also makes me wonder, did the cheating stop in 2019? Didn't the Astros win all of their WS home games? The w-l split home and away is a bit suspect, going far beyond the traditional home field advantage.

I was listening to 98.7 ESPN this morning and some former player (can't remember the person) said players change team but never speak up. It's part of the unwritten rules of baseball. The Astros were caught, but they aren't the only team doing it. There are a ton of people who should be fired. It would ruin baseball.
It's similar to the fantasy that only the Yankees and a few other teams had players doing roids in the Mitchell report. Every team had guys doing steroids but only a few got nailed due to who flipped and who didn't. I'm sure that more elaborate sign stealing was more prominent than we know. The key to it all is: Who was still doing it after the warning given to all teams? Those teams should be punished harshly.

It's similar to the fantasy that only the Yankees and a few other teams had players doing roids in the Mitchell report. Every team had guys doing steroids but only a few got nailed due to who flipped and who didn't. I'm sure that more elaborate sign stealing was more prominent than we know. The key to it all is: Who was still doing it after the warning given to all teams? Those teams should be punished harshly.
None of the team's then or now promoted using steriods. None. It was a player's choice away from the team.
Interesting about the Mitchell Report what was leaked and what wasn't. More importantly Arod got crushed and Ortiz skated when it came out they both tested positive.

None of the team's then or now promoted using steriods. None. It was a player's choice away from the team.
Interesting about the Mitchell Report what was leaked and what wasn't. More importantly Arod got crushed and Ortiz skated when it came out they both tested positive.
Ortiz was every bit as roided up as A-Rod (and so was Manny for my BoSux fans).

Has anyone seen the home/away breakdowns of some of those Astros players. I heard a bit about the differences between cheating at home and not away and it was HUGE for a couple of players.
Take a look at Aaron Judge's splits. He's amazing at home and not so impressive on the road.

Anything short of vacating the 2017 and 2018 titles is pointless...but that will never happen...this will be tantamount to nothing in the end...

Take a look at Aaron Judge's splits. He's amazing at home and not so impressive on the road.

Well that's generally the way it usually goes in MLB.... especially when you have a short porch at Yankee Stadium for pumping up your numbers.

2017-2019 Home/Away for Aaron Judge

AVG .319/.241 (Last Year: .294/.251)
OPS 1.097/.853 (Last Year: .404/.359)
Runs 162/118 (Last Year: 42/33)
Doubles 33/31 (Last Year: 9/9)
Triples 1/3 (Last Year: 0/1)
Home Runs 62/44 (Last Year 11/16)
RBIs 141/95 (Last Year: 28/27)

They don't look that outrageous or suspicious to me.

What exactly was Beltran's job with the Yankees last year? Does Cashman's job come under scrutiny also? The Mets will cut bait,their only sin here is they failed to do a proper back ground check, and felt it was fine to hire a second in a row rookie manager!!!

Another thing I heard on 98.7 (Kay's show perhaps?) I hadn't seen elsewhere was a rumor that after Altuve hit his walk-off in the ALDS supposedly he told his teammates at home plate not to tear his jersey open or off. The implication was that he had been wired for some type of electronic buzzers with the vibration signaling him impending pitches.

What are you looking at? His career numbers are near identical. He was a better at home in 2019, but much better on the road in 2017 and 2018.

I was referring to Home vs. Away - sorry. Not my report - I'm repeating what I heard on radio. I haven't checked - just passed it on. If it's wrong we need to yell at WIP in Philly.

What are you looking at? His career numbers are near identical. He was a better at home in 2019, but much better on the road in 2017 and 2018.
His and the other Atros playoffs stats aren't near identical. 2017 playoff numbers.

Alex Bregman: Road – .154 BA, .508 OPS; Home – .273 BA, .857 OPS.Carlos Correa: Road – .211 BA, .626 OPS; Home – .371 BA, 1.164 OPS.Jose Altuve: Road – .143 BA, .497 OPS; Home – .472 BA, 1.541 OPS.Brian McCann: Road – .037 BA, .198 OPS; Home – .300 BA, .849 OPS.Evan Gattis: Road – .200 BA, .533 OPS; Home – .300 BA, 1.014 OPS.
Altuve are drastically different!!

Reactions: redking
Another thing I heard on 98.7 (Kay's show perhaps?) I hadn't seen elsewhere was a rumor that after Altuve hit his walk-off in the ALDS supposedly he told his teammates at home plate not to tear his jersey open or off. The implication was that he had been wired for some type of electronic buzzers with the vibration signaling him impending pitches.

This is Josh Reddick with the wire ...
EObtFyJXUAAz3SQ.jpg

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT