ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Boston Red Sox

Good start winning a lot of close games in extras. AL East should be a good battle down the stretch.

Typical Sox will have lengthy hot and cold streaks throughout the season. It will be the Yanks and Sox come Sept, as usual.

They'll choke like they've almost always done. Inferior city, inferior team, with an easy early season schedule.

The truth hurts I guess.
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/04/08/sports/giancarlo-stanton-yankees-orioles.html
In his first 10 games in pinstripes, Stanton has batted .167. He has three home runs, two of them on opening day.
Oh, and he has struck out 20 times in 42 at-bats, including 16 times in the six-game homestand that concluded on Sunday with an 8-7 loss in 12 innings to the Baltimore Orioles.
Twice, he had at least five strikeouts in a game during the homestand, including Sunday’s game, in which he went 0 for 7.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/04/08/sports/giancarlo-stanton-yankees-orioles.html
In his first 10 games in pinstripes, Stanton has batted .167. He has three home runs, two of them on opening day.
Oh, and he has struck out 20 times in 42 at-bats, including 16 times in the six-game homestand that concluded on Sunday with an 8-7 loss in 12 innings to the Baltimore Orioles.
Twice, he had at least five strikeouts in a game during the homestand, including Sunday’s game, in which he went 0 for 7.

Is it too soon to start talking about the possibility of setting the Major League Record ? MLB record for strikeouts is 222, with 20 already he only needs 202 more K's over the last 152 games (1.3 K's/ game) to tie the record. Definitely within reach since his career K's per game is 1.12. Although if he keeps hitting like he has, he might not get enough AB's if the Yankees choose to bench him for extended periods. Another MLB record in reach is the combined K's by two batters on one team. I'm sure he and Judge will challenge that record. Hopefully the Sox can assist him in accumulating another nice chunk of K's toward reaching this ignominious goal !

Last edited:
Reactions: cicero grimes
Is it too soon to start talking about the possibility of setting the Major League Record ? MLB record for strikeouts is 222, with 20 already he only needs 202 more K's over the last 152 games (1.3 K's/ game) to tie the record. Definitely within reach since his career K's per game is 1.12. Although if he keeps hitting like he has, he might not get enough AB's if the Yankees choose to bench him for extended periods. Another MLB record in reach is the combined K's by two batters on one team. I'm sure he and Judge will challenge that record. Hopefully the Sox can assist him in accumulating another nice chunk of K's toward reaching this ignominious goal !
Stanton could shatter the record by the All Star break if he can maintain his 7 k's per game pace. :sunglasses: Seriously though, he will probably hit 55 Hr's and have 230 k's.

Lol.......he has 270 homers and nearly 700 rbi at his young age. Ummmm....i think he will be fine

I wish it werent true but more than likely, Stanton warms up and then heats up with the weather. Most likely ends with 275 ba and 40-50 HR 110+ RBI

I wish it werent true but more than likely, Stanton warms up and then heats up with the weather. Most likely ends with 275 ba and 40-50 HR 110+ RBI
Think the cold, crappy weather has a lot to do with it. Someone among their three sluggers will come alive. Judge is actually batting close to .300 last time I checked, which is great. Need one or both of Sanchez and Stanton to break out of their slumps and they will be a murderer's row.

So the Yankees just got lucky: looks like Bogaerts will be out for a couple of weeks with a broken ankle.

the Yankees
youwilllose__by_misterzero-d54v1gr.png

Stanton has started cold every single year he's played in the majors. Add the fact he's in a new league facing new pitchers and this is no surprise at all. He'll start improving, he's too good a player not to do well over a whole season.

Reactions: Knight Shift
Now 8-1 to start the season.

Pitching and hitting is a great combination to have.

Go Sox!
An even better combination to have is 7 games against Tampa and 2 against the Marlins. Please.

Mets fans can rightly be proud of their 8-1 start, at least they can point to winning a series against the Cards and sweeping the Nats on the road.

An even better combination to have is 7 games against Tampa and 2 against the Marlins. Please.

Mets fans can rightly be proud of their 8-1 start, at least they can point to winning a series against the Cards and sweeping the Nats on the road.
Wounded and murphyless Nats. . . . but Mets fans will take it. Mets are really gutting out the wins, and except for a couple of games, playing small ball.

Wounded and murphyless Nats. . . . but Mets fans will take it. Mets are really gutting out the wins, and except for a couple of games, playing small ball.
Toddfather was a huge clubhouse pickup for them. Love that guy, wish the Yanks had never let him walk. New York Post had a nice piece about him and Cespedes. It's here if you haven't seen it already...

Toddfather was a huge clubhouse pickup for them. Love that guy, wish the Yanks had never let him walk. New York Post had a nice piece about him and Cespedes. It's here if you haven't seen it already...
Love the energy Todd brings to the game. Reminds me a bit of David Wright in his prime. Thanks for the article.
Great pic:
mets2.jpg

Reactions: czxqa
Handpick stats much?

Three rings in 14 years (04', 07', 13') isn't that handpicked. If it is, I could have handpicked a few others too: Additional East Division titles in 16' and 17', and wild card berths in 03', 04', 05', 08' and 09'. It's not a terrible time to be a Red Sox fan.

Last edited:
Three rings in 14 years (04', 07', 13') isn't that handpicked. If it is, I could have handpicked a few others too: Additional East Division titles in 16' and 17', and wild card berths in 03', 04', 05', 08' and 09'. It's not a terrible time to be a Red Sox fan.

Except that those 3 in 14 didn't erase eight plus decades of chokage and futility.

It's never a terrible time to be a Yanks fan.

Except that those 3 in 14 didn't erase eight plus decades of chokage and futility.

It's never a terrible time to be a Yanks fan.
You couldn't be more wrong. Those 3 championships takes away almost all of it. The only regrets for fans now are players like Williams, Yaz, Rice and others never won their ring. If you are a RU fan you will understand that hopefully one day.

NY Rangers fans know that feeling of relief from their cup win, Eagles fans got the weight off their backs this year. Winning cures everything !!!!

4 days in the very beginning of the season when Yanks and others often start slow? Not a prob. Specially cause I fell asleep through a couple of those x innings games and didn't watch the others.

Can't micromanage a baseball season --unlike fb.

You couldn't be more wrong. Those 3 championships takes away almost all of it. The only regrets for fans now are players like Williams, Yaz, Rice and others never won their ring. If you are a RU fan you will understand that hopefully one day.

NY Rangers fans know that feeling of relief from their cup win, Eagles fans got the weight off their backs this year. Winning cures everything !!!!

Nope. They don't.

As a lifelong Yankees fan who's not so old ..still a long ways to go for Team B.

14-1 Red Sox win. How does that taste? Go Sox!

ADVERTISEMENT