ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Brady Retires for Good This Time

Not having a father around during/before puberty for a year won't change anything? I suppose fatherly advice, values, guidance, and support can always be obtained further down the road because that always works out really well. And if not, he can easily afford their therapy sessions. So he does have backup resources.
There are phones and video chats that seem to work fine for a lot of people. Now that both of our kids are out of the house and have all sorts of questions about living on their own, Mrs. Shift and I may spend more time with them on the phone then I can remember giving fatherly advice to them as teenagers. But maybe because it is more immediate. But I also remember traveling a fair amount and checking in frequently with the kids when I was away.

Tom did not want to be divorced. Gisele wanted it.
She's in Miami, and Brady has a house in Miami in addition Tampa.

A lot of weird allegations lobbed at Brady in this thread that he somehow "gave up" his family. He seems pretty involved and active. More active than a lot of lazy suburban husbands who waste their time on social media, football message boards, playing golf with their buddies, going out drinking, etc.

LOL I'm sure the kids will be ok. They're set for life without having to do a thing. One extra year of football is not a big deal.
Financial security is no kind of guarantee of future happiness at all. People say "it doesn't hurt" but that's not always true, either.

There absolutely no way for us to know if the kids will be okay or not, nor what sort of impact his playing the extra year will have, if any. Even the family itself can't know this sort of thing about the future.

There are phones and video chats that seem to work fine for a lot of people. Now that both of our kids are out of the house and have all sorts of questions about living on their own, Mrs. Shift and I may spend more time with them on the phone then I can remember giving fatherly advice to them as teenagers. But maybe because it is more immediate. But I also remember traveling a fair amount and checking in frequently with the kids when I was away.

Tom did not want to be divorced. Gisele wanted it.
She's in Miami, and Brady has a house in Miami in addition Tampa.

A lot of weird allegations lobbed at Brady in this thread that he somehow "gave up" his family. He seems pretty involved and active. More active than a lot of lazy suburban husbands who waste their time on social media, football message boards, playing golf with their buddies, going out drinking, etc.

People love to gossip and speculate about other's lives. It usually reveals much more about the speculators than about the targets of the speculation.

In my experience across the years, even the views of the people inside a relationship change a lot over the years as time provides more perspective and understanding. The people outside the relationship have little hope of acquiring an accurate understanding of what transpired, regardless of the interviews, articles, and chatter.

Reactions: NJIT_1990
Anyone else think he may struggle in his post nfl days-seems like a lot of red flags are there.

Yeah, I think Giselle is worth more than him and he's got that Fox deal coming up. Also, none of us know if the marriage was already done before he chose to play another season.
if I could play the game like he did, I'd never wanna quit. They'd have to drag me off the field and tear the uniform off of me.
The GOAT.
And I don't think he'll be hurting for a date anytime soon.

He was headed for a divorce even if he retired last year. The wife obviously wanted a boy toy and she was going to break loose eventually.

Not having a father around during/before puberty for a year won't change anything? I suppose fatherly advice, values, guidance, and support can always be obtained further down the road because that always works out really well. And if not, he can easily afford their therapy sessions. So he does have backup resources.
I mean it’s not he’s “not around”. The guy was working . I believe he lives with them full time . It wasn’t like he was like a Mickey mantle type. Damn tough crowd.

LOL I'm sure the kids will be ok. They're set for life without having to do a thing. One extra year of football is not a big deal.
This is the worst thing I've read. Do you have kids? Do you know any? Do you know any actual human beings? Money does not, and has never, made people ok. Your parents divorcing when you're 13 or 10 is not something money can fix.

This is the worst thing I've read. Do you have kids? Do you know any? Do you know any actual human beings? Money does not, and has never, made people ok. Your parents divorcing when you're 13 or 10 is not something money can fix.
Yeah my parents divorced when I was younger than them and I'm more than fine and don't have millions to do whatever I want. Even taking the money out of it, daddy at his job for another year is not a big deal. How many kids in the world have their dads retiring a little over 40 to spend that much time with them? Brady is also around his kids more than most fathers who work a 9-5 daily. Brady can fly his kids in to spend time with him whenever they want. It wasn't even his decision to divorce and a lot of the early posts are blaming Brady for ruining his family. It's quite odd. The worst thing you've read is even more laughable considering what is spewed on this board daily.

Reactions: Plum Street
I'll wait till next season starts before being sure he's gone.
Heck the Jets might find a way to bring him to NY from Tampa.
Brady and the Jets 😱
There's as much chance of Brady wearing a Jets uniform as there was of Aaron Judge wearing a Mets uniform.

There's as much chance of Brady wearing a Jets uniform as there was of Aaron Judge wearing a Mets uniform.
Brett Favre retired from Green Bay went to Jets retired after one season then unretired to play for Minnesota.
So what was unthought of did happened before and never know if it will happen again with another retired player.
I didn't think BraDy would leave NE , but he did.

Brady still is under contract with the Bucs I believe, so if the Jets did try and get him to unretire, compensating the Bucs could end that idea because of what was demanded
Don't thinkTB will unretire, think there is a better chance to get back with Gisele then his playing again

I mean it’s not he’s “not around”. The guy was working . I believe he lives with them full time . It wasn’t like he was like a Mickey mantle type. Damn tough crowd.
What's so tough about it? Someone said "what's another year away" from the kids. Brady has said he wants to be around his kids more. That age is a pretty important time for kids to have their dad around. Given what Tom Brady stated, I thought what I said was a pretty simple concept to comprehend.

Yeah my parents divorced when I was younger than them and I'm more than fine and don't have millions to do whatever I want. Even taking the money out of it, daddy at his job for another year is not a big deal. How many kids in the world have their dads retiring a little over 40 to spend that much time with them? Brady is also around his kids more than most fathers who work a 9-5 daily. Brady can fly his kids in to spend time with him whenever they want. It wasn't even his decision to divorce and a lot of the early posts are blaming Brady for ruining his family. It's quite odd. The worst thing you've read is even more laughable considering what is spewed on this board daily.
If you told me I could retire now and spend more time with my boys, I'd do it. And they'd love it. My dad left us when I was in high school. I would have loved one more year, and the divorce messed me up well into my 30s. You're obviously operating at a higher emotional level than I am, but I think most kids would be affected.

What's so tough about it? Someone said "what's another year away" from the kids. Brady has said he wants to be around his kids more. That age is a pretty important time for kids to have their dad around. Given what Tom Brady stated, I thought what I said was a pretty simple concept to comprehend.
But he is around . Most adolescents have parents that work and have careers .

Reactions: fsg2
What’s tough is people judging Brady without actually knowing the guy, based on crap they read in the media and guesswork. You made a ton of assumptions about him and his kids in your post. Go back and read what you said and you’ll see all the assumptions.

Based on your previous post, you are not fine. Two committed and stable parents is always the best for children. If money was everything for kids, why are so many rich kids so f'ed up?

Based on your previous post, you are not fine. Two committed and stable parents is always the best for children. If money was everything for kids, why are so many rich kids so f'ed up?
Good friend of mine told me “I’ve been rich. I”ve been poor. Rich is better.”

Reactions: Purple-Ed
In comparison, yes. However, money is only #3 on what drives happiness. The first is personal health, second relationships (i.e., friends and family), and then money. Makes sense to me.....and I love money! :)
#1 is a state of mind. #2 health. After that it varies by individual. Some people are perfectly happy without close relationships. Some without more money than needed to eat and have a roof over their heads.

rgUUcIO.jpg

From the perspective of a Jet fan, this is not good news. The supply of available veteran QB's has decreased by one. Demand remains unchanged.

I’d say her banging the guy in Costa Rica was a bigger issue than him playing one more year of football.

Guy is the greatest ever. Still lead the league in completions last year.

Brady. Jordan.that’s the list.
Brady is a pos doing that movie with Hanoi Jane, forever taints him. Don't care about their marriage, that's their business.

the list is Babe, Brady, and who? can't say Jordan, Bulls were even better without him and I'd argue Pippen was more valuable to that team. That said, Bird was universally regarded as the best player by league players each year while Jordan was not.

In comparison, yes. However, money is only #3 on what drives happiness. The first is personal health, second relationships (i.e., friends and family), and then money. Makes sense to me.....and I love money! :)
Is that from a source? I would put relationships first, or tied with personal health. But that may depend on what is meant by personal health. Every person I know that is extremely happy has a happy relationship with their spouse. Friends are important for single people, but for married people, it is difficult to be happy without a happy spouse.

But he is around . Most adolescents have parents that work and have careers .
He has said he wants to be around MORE for his kids. I never said he wasn't around. As far as parental guidance goes, look at today's society and parenting. Are you complacent with the general upbringing of children/teens in today's world?
What’s tough is people judging Brady without actually knowing the guy, based on crap they read in the media and guesswork. You made a ton of assumptions about him and his kids in your post. Go back and read what you said and you’ll see all the assumptions.
Like I said before, and again before that, and right above to someone else, Tom Brady himself said he wants to be around more for his kids. I said this because of a comment someone posted about "what's another year" away from his kids. Here are my supposedly off the wall assumptions: "I suppose fatherly advice, values, guidance, and support can always be obtained further down the road because that always works out really well". What happens when a father is around more? They can give advice, instill values, offer guidance and support. Where are my "ton of assumptions"? Kids who lack parental guidance dont fare as well as those who do. Their parents are already in different houses and I will guess Brady spends a ton of time practicing, game prep, and dealing with advertisers and media. Who's offering the parental guidance when mommy isn't in the house and daddy is away/busy? The incidence of teens and young adults today who are depressed, suffer from anxiety, are in therapy and are on anxiety medications is a bit mind boggling. Here's an assumption. I think it's due cell phones and media. And that's not even an assumption as there are plenty of studies proving it. Kids are being brought up by their cell phones and it's not healthy. It's bad for their mental development, communication skills and integration into society....among plenty of others. Tom Brady being around more will almost undoubtedly be better for the development of his kids, especially at their current age. Once again, a simple concept goes awry.

He has said he wants to be around MORE for his kids. I never said he wasn't around. As far as parental guidance goes, look at today's society and parenting. Are you complacent with the general upbringing of children/teens in today's world?

Like I said before, and again before that, and right above to someone else, Tom Brady himself said he wants to be around more for his kids. I said this because of a comment someone posted about "what's another year" away from his kids. Here are my supposedly off the wall assumptions: "I suppose fatherly advice, values, guidance, and support can always be obtained further down the road because that always works out really well". What happens when a father is around more? They can give advice, instill values, offer guidance and support. Where are my "ton of assumptions"? Kids who lack parental guidance dont fare as well as those who do. Their parents are already in different houses and I will guess Brady spends a ton of time practicing, game prep, and dealing with advertisers and media. Who's offering the parental guidance when mommy isn't in the house and daddy is away/busy? The incidence of teens and young adults today who are depressed, suffer from anxiety, are in therapy and are on anxiety medications is a bit mind boggling. Here's an assumption. I think it's due cell phones and media. And that's not even an assumption as there are plenty of studies proving it. Kids are being brought up by their cell phones and it's not healthy. It's bad for their mental development, communication skills and integration into society....among plenty of others. Tom Brady being around more will almost undoubtedly be better for the development of his kids, especially at their current age. Once again, a simple concept goes awry.
Not sure how some guy playing football or retiring from football is now a discussion on parenting in the world.

This showed-up in my Facebook feed today for some reason
10 titles as player - 13 all total

BLPbIVF.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT