ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Brandon Hendricks killed

hoquat63

All American
Mar 17, 2005
Surprised no one has posted this. A couple of days ago Hendricks, a St. John’s recruit was shot an killed - apparently an innocent bystander.

He was shot and killed on June 28 almost 3 weeks ago. He was a potential walk on for St. John's. It is so sad as he seemed like an outstanding young man.He was a point guard and the best player at Monroe High School in New York.

Reactions: Greg2020
If he wasn't killed by a police officer nobody cares, and thats the facts. Sad place we are these days.

Reactions: friar10
Point is that if you can't pollitise it its not worth talking about it in our society. On any given weekend 20 people will be shot and killed in Chicago, why are we not marching every weekend in Chicago? Back to my original point nobody really cares.

Reactions: Steve91562
Point is that if you can't pollitise it its not worth talking about it in our society. On any given weekend 20 people will be shot and killed in Chicago, why are we not marching every weekend in Chicago? Back to my original point nobody really cares.

stop with the tropes man

this fkng chicago ruse is the most basic red herring...

my experience is that usually when people bring up Chicago as the first reaction to a black person being innocently killed, that person is part of the problem, not the solution.

you are showing your stripes here.

stop with the tropes man

my experience is that usually when people bring up Chicago as the first reaction to a black person being innocently killed, that person is part of the problem, not the solution.

Serious question, what is the ruse in regards to Chicago? Place is like a video game in regards to violence in many of the districts

I monitor this website who keeps track of the daily violence because it’s so astronomical, it created morbid curiosity. There have been 360 people shot in JUST July. 73 killed. So far Just this weekend 49 people have been shot, 9 killed and you still have today/tonight to go

Just like people who feel there is no need for any police reform lack credibility, those who want to paint the picture as it simply being a cop problem, lose me also.

Don’t march and destroy a city over what was certainly murder of a black person by a white cop, and then dismiss the black on black crime happening in cities

https://heyjackass.com/

Serious question, what is the ruse in regards to Chicago? Place is like a video game in regards to violence in many of the districts

I monitor this website who keeps track of the daily violence because it’s so astronomical, it created morbid curiosity. There have been 360 people shot in JUST July. 73 killed. So far Just this weekend 49 people have been shot, 9 killed and you still have today/tonight to go

Just like people who feel there is no need for any police reform lack credibility, those who want to paint the picture as it simply being a cop problem, lose me also.

Don’t march and destroy a city over what was certainly murder of a black person by a white cop, and then dismiss the black on black crime happening in cities

https://heyjackass.com/

Should I find a website that shows you how to walk and chew gum at the same time?

This is an and discussion...not an or discussion.

Those who need to have that explained to them need to ask themselves why...

Reactions: Greg2020
what's with the drive-by by the OP?

Starts this thread and then disappears? what is he really saying?

Should I find a website that shows you how to walk and chew gum at the same time?

So your argument to anyone that challenges you is a few sentences of nonsense and then trying to shut them down by saying they are the problem.

You suggested Chicago is a ruse or red herring. I asked what the ruse is. And I’m honestly curious your position. Is your position the BLM movement is a movement against law enforcement and their treatment of the black community only? Is it a movement that encompasses all crime against the black community? Is it only white crime against the black community that matters?

I really don’t have an issue with your stance. You have every right to it. With that said, I’m still curious what the ruse is in Chicago?

Btw, as of 7pm, 10 people have now been killed and 55 wounded in Chicago this weekend. But for some, reason, that bothers me more than you

What’s the ruse about Chicago? Is there or is there not a gun violence issue? Curious why SS would make the claim then duck the question.

Reactions: sport2231
Look at the post that I responded to. It was a cheap shot and uses a trope to suggest that black people are animals and if they are going to kill each other why should we care about police issues with the black community.

I mean seriously why am I having to explain this to some of you?

Be better.

Look at the post that I responded to. It was a cheap shot and uses a trope to suggest that black people are animals and if they are going to kill each other why should we care about police issues with the black community.

Be better.
That’s a big jump from his original post.
Where do you get the part about black people being animals from?
All he did was comment on the obvious
A large number of blacks are being murdered and the overwhelming majority of those murders go unnoticed
When the dialog gets stolen and the focus is on the wrong problem, the real problems don’t get solved

Be better.

This is completely wrong and you should delete it ASAP and apologize. I agree that there was no reason to bring up Chicago or no one caring about kids dying because that was not why the post was made. However in no way did he insinuate black people were animals. That is incredibly irresponsible.

This is completely wrong and you should delete it ASAP and apologize. I agree that there was no reason to bring up Chicago or no one caring about kids dying because that was not why the post was made. However in no way did he insinuate black people were animals. That is incredibly irresponsible.

apologize for what? I will not apologize

the whole "But Chicago..." response is meant to trigger these exact feelings in people. that blacks dont care about blacks...so why should we care about them getting killed by police in higher numbers. "I mean they dont even protest when they kill themselves, so why should we care about these protests"...what point do you think is being made then?

why else is Chicago being brought up here in response?

stop with the tropes man

Sir Scarlet, What makes you believe it is only blacks being shot or doing the shooting? Who has the preconceived belief that these are only black people, looks like its you. The people who live in these neighborhoods deserve to be able to walk down the street without being afraid of being killed. The funny thing is people who live in these areas beg for more police protection and get very little. The only people who are wanting to de-fund the police are silly woke white kids who live in suburbia with mommy and daddy. News organization should be in these neighborhoods pointing this out instead they are focused on a bunch of white anarchist in Seattle stealing from Amazon. Yeah that is going to make things better.

the whole "But Chicago..." response is meant to trigger these exact feelings in people. that blacks dont care about blacks...so why should we care about them getting killed by police in higher numbers. "I mean they dont even protest when they kill themselves, so why should we care about these protests"...what point do you think is being made then?

You said he referred to black people as animals. He said nothing of the sort. You can disagree with his point without saying something so vile and disgusting.

[QUOTE="Big East Beast, post: 4638506, member: 266"]All politics is local

Portland Oregon says hello!

You said he referred to black people as animals. He said nothing of the sort. You can disagree with his point without saying something so vile and disgusting.

I did not say that...my comment was related to the misleading use of the violence in Chicago "talking point" which I referred to as a trope...THAT is an attempt to trigger this response in people by groups that are much more divisive than - I suspect - you or I. and it's sad that people fall for it.

"...It was a cheap shot and uses a trope to suggest that black people are animals..."

How do you know that nobody cares about this young man's death?
Do police officers have a designated duty/role in society? Is it different than that of an average citizen?

Reactions: ElmiraExpress
I did not say that...my comment was related to the misleading use of the violence in Chicago "talking point" which I referred to as a trope...THAT is an attempt to trigger this response in people by groups that are much more divisive than - I suspect - you or I. and it's sad that people fall for it.

"...It was a cheap shot and uses a trope to suggest that black people are animals..."

You absolutely said he used a trope to suggest that black people are animals. You literally typed into the keyboard to suggest that black people are animals.

Reactions: GoodOl'Rutgers

lefries like you are the problem, always blame the man and dont take resposibility for your own actions.

lefries like you are the problem, always blame the man and dont take resposibility for your own actions.

lefries? is that what they call someone who voted republican for ~20 years and has the ability to say that BOTH situations are issues, vs. playing them off each other.

welcome to 2020 and the lame talking points of the GOP...

Reactions: bossnj1 and Bill 86

You’re the one who politicized this thread. Self fulfilling jerk prophecy?

Shouldn't the "M" in man be capitalized?

I have always heard it refenced as "The Man" when we are using it that way?

Reactions: gringo
You absolutely said he used a trope to suggest that black people are animals. You literally typed into the keyboard to suggest that black people are animals.
I see SS has had plenty of time to respond to this and chose not to. Yes.. you are correct.. he was trying to brand anyone a racist who even mentions the violence in Chicago or anywhere else.

The original point to which he objected was responsive to the OP which wondered why no one here was talking about the death of Brandon Hendricks, 3 weeks later. Agree or disagree, talking about any other deaths that were not capturing national media attention as they should fits in with the OP while SS's objection does not.

You’re the one who politicized this thread. Self fulfilling jerk prophecy?
His response fits in with the OP insinuation that it had been 3 weeks and we seem to not have discussed Brandon Hendricks death.. and still have not... not really.

Your objection does not address the OP in any way... so who is being the jerk?

Reactions: Proud NJ Sports Fan
You get what you elect in nyc

Anyone who voted for deblasio is basically complicit in this murder. Grats on being a bunch of enablers. Enjoy the fruits of your labor.

Reactions: Proud NJ Sports Fan
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT