ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Bryson DeChambeau, 2020 US Open Champion!

WhiteBus

Hall of Famer
Oct 4, 2011
He proved a lot of people wrong. Plays the game differently than any before him. Wins easily. Very Impressive.

Reactions: RUScrew85
stroke of genius. He has changed golf forever.
Expect the USGA to enact “Dechambeau” rules in the future. Most notably in the form of a rolled backed ball. These guys are just too long now
hearing he is going to a 48 inch driver in the next few weeks to add more swing speed.

Expect the USGA to enact “Dechambeau” rules in the future. Most notably in the form of a rolled backed ball. These guys are just too long now
hearing he is going to a 48 inch driver in the next few weeks to add more swing speed.

Meh, i don’t think the USGA will be making any changes. There’s much more to golf than being long off the tee. Bryson put it all together this weekend and the course kicked everyone’s ass.

Plus Bryson’s body type and swing isn’t sustainable for a long term career without injuries.

Meh, i don’t think the USGA will be making any changes. There’s much more to golf than being long off the tee. Bryson put it all together this weekend and the course kicked everyone’s ass.

Plus Bryson’s body type and swing isn’t sustainable for a long term career without injuries.
Actually I think professionally it is sustainable. But from a health standpoint he is really fat for this generation's golfers. He is young so he can carry the weight. However he put on a lot of weight fast and most of it isn't muscle.

And he isn't done yet. He thinks he can add 20 more lbs and even more swing speed and flexibility. He's also not even in his prime yet. He's only 27.

People can say what they want but the dude just changed the game. His swing is ugly but you can't argue its effectiveness. The calculus is simple now. Hit it very far, fairway or not, have a great short game. Win.

How is he fat? Ok he’s not a skinny rail, but fat?

Many don’t recognize that Bryson was a champion college and amateur player before adding plus yardage off the tee. He had a complete game as a successful tour player before he added the extra length off the tee.

The added driving distance makes him tougher to beat on tour.

How is he fat? Ok he’s not a skinny rail, but fat?
He is admittedly 30lbs overweight by design. He is incredibly thick in the middle and while his arms are bigger it's not all muscle. Compare to all the top current golfers. You don't think he is fat? Time for a new HD tv.

One thing is for sure, between Bryson and Brooks, the Era of the Bro is now in full force in the world of golf.

He is admittedly 30lbs overweight by design. He is incredibly thick in the middle and while his arms are bigger it's not all muscle. Compare to all the top current golfers. You don't think he is fat? Time for a new HD tv.
I don’t follow golf but since someone called him fat I had to check. The few articles I clicked on he did not seem that way to me...he can now afford anything he wants so maybe he will work on his non-skinniness

I don’t follow golf but since someone called him fat I had to check. The few articles I clicked on he did not seem that way to me...he can now afford anything he wants so maybe he will work on his non-skinniness
I think the new politicly current description is chunky! Look at 2019 Bryson pics and video and compare it to today.

Actually I think professionally it is sustainable. But from a health standpoint he is really fat for this generation's golfers. He is young so he can carry the weight. However he put on a lot of weight fast and most of it isn't muscle.
He’s hardly fat, you’ve got to kidding me.
And it’s all muscle, read about his workout regimen.

He was impressive this week for sure and it’s not like he just burst on to the scene. Golf is a game of sustained success, so he’ll be fun to watch.

He was impressive this week for sure and it’s not like he just burst on to the scene. Golf is a game of sustained success, so he’ll be fun to watch.
His same length clubs concept is not new but no one on the tour went to that extreme but there is very solid argument for it that I heard when I was in my mid teens. So much of the other things are uniquely his. Also since he is so busy calculating, as Nantz said, he doesn't have time to get nervous. Fun to watch.

Dechambeau workout regimen

You’re clueless.
He’s in the gym everyday for hours.
He's has admitted he is overweight! Several years ago I rode my bike every day about 600 miles a month from April to September. Hard rides. I lost 30lbs but I was still fat. Just because someone works out a lot doesn't mean they aren't overweight. They are independent of each other.

He's has admitted he is overweight! Several years ago I rode my bike every day about 600 miles a month from April to September. Hard rides. I lost 30lbs but I was still fat. Just because someone works out a lot doesn't mean they aren't overweight. They are independent of each other.
You’re clueless.
You should of done some strength training in the gym to change your fat body into muscle

Reactions: beaced
You’re clueless.
You should of done some strength training in the gym to change your fat body into muscle

With all due respect, you called him clueless, but you are saying he can "change your body fat into muscle". Body fat cannot be converted into muscle tissue just as the same you can't convert muscle fibers into fat tissue.

Reactions: beaced
With all due respect, you called him clueless, but you are saying he can "change your body fat into muscle". Body fat cannot be converted into muscle tissue just as the same you can't convert muscle fibers into fat tissue.
I said nothing about body fat.
I said change your fat body into muscle.

Last edited:
And he isn't done yet. He thinks he can add 20 more lbs and even more swing speed and flexibility. He's also not even in his prime yet. He's only 27.

People can say what they want but the dude just changed the game. His swing is ugly but you can't argue its effectiveness. The calculus is simple now. Hit it very far, fairway or not, have a great short game. Win.
Mark Broadie has been preaching that for several years now. Long game accounts for 2/3 of the

Mark Broadie has been preaching that for several years now. Long game accounts for 2/3 of the
Even after the whole world watched BD’s victory, pretty much no one from beginner to accomplished amateur will attempt to emulate his swing or adopt his fat grips and all irons one length.
Never mind the mathematical equation he arrives at before every shot

Reactions: RutgHoops
Even after the whole world watched BD’s victory, pretty much no one from beginner to accomplished amateur will attempt to emulate his swing or adopt his fat grips and all irons one length.
Never mind the mathematical equation he arrives at before every shot
This. One major will not create a total shift in the training and development of the golf community. Just look back to last year at Koepka and those who wanted to emulate his workout schedule. And what’s happened to Jordan Spieth? Bryson Did something amazing this week but it remains to be seen if he can sustain it.

Have to disagree with you, he’s not fat at all. He added bulk, but most of it is muscle. He’s not “ripped” like a body builder but it’s muscle.

I think that “one length” irons shouldn’t be allowed. Definitely makes the “short irons” way longer ( in ball flight) than everyone else’s. And goes against the spirit and traditions of the game. Players shouldn’t be able to change the construct of their equipment like that.

I think that “one length” irons shouldn’t be allowed. Definitely makes the “short irons” way longer ( in ball flight) than everyone else’s. And goes against the spirit and traditions of the game. Players shouldn’t be able to change the construct of their equipment like that.
The option of shaft length and grip size is available to all the players Boss, it their choice.

What i Don't get is everyone freaking out over the length he is driving it and he is changing golf. Rory saying he didn't think that was a way to win at Winged Foot. Rory driving average was longer then him this past weekend as so was Wolff. I think 5 golfers has longer averages. What was impressive was the power to get out of that rough and his putting on Sunday.

Poor guy wins The U.S. Open and all you guys talk about is whether he's fat or not. Weird.
I only brought up his body condition after someone brought up fake news about steroids. It's obvious he isn't a user.
Look at my first post. It's amazing he plays a game differently than anyone who has ever played the game. He will be alone in the use of calculations because they are his calculations. No one knows exactly what he is doing so no one can teach it. Besides most people can't do calculations in their head. I can see some people going to the same length irons. It's been a valid concept and conversation since I started playing back in the 70s. However, you have to have a company make them specifically or a club repair guy who knows what

Reactions: seasidetony
The option of shaft length and grip size is available to all the players Boss, it their choice.
I get that you can play longer shafts, especially if you’re tall. I mean the progressive length of the irons, from short to long. That’s how they got their name in the first place.

The one length irons doesnt add length across the board. If fact you lose distance on your longer irons because the shafts are shorter. The concept for same length irons simplified is same setup, same swing for every club in your bag.

The one length irons doesnt add length across the board. If fact you lose distance on your longer irons because the shafts are shorter. The concept for same length irons simplified is same setup, same swing for every club in your bag.
But it’s a fact that you’re able to generate more swing speed with longer shafts. How long are his shafts? I assumed they’re all the length of a 3 or 4 iron but could be mistaken.

Billy Casper wasn't skinny. Jack Nicklaus was pretty plump early on. Colin Montgomery. There are others. I don't think weight affects him at 27. The question will be how it affects him in 5 or more years.

Tiger changed how pros prepared. It remains to be seen if others will follow DeChambeau

I am sure that Zap Knows this. He is saying that weight(FAT) loss can be supplemented by building muscle. You will put some weight back on,however, because muscle does weigh more than fat.Zappaa seems to be contending that since Bryson works out,that his size is more muscular than FAT A layer of subcutaneous fat could give the impression of a lot more fat than really exists.

Reactions: LETSGORU91
ADVERTISEMENT