ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Bryson DeChambeau, 2020 US Open Champion!

Good Lord.

Maybe there'll be a change in pro golf but really doubt it trickles down with much success.

What he's doing has taken hours upon hours, day in and day out. Experimentation and expense. The average golfer can't dedicate their life to emulate what he's doing.

Yes swing weights would have to be adjusted and that is the Bitch about it. Anyone can change shafts or even cut them shorter but adjusting the swing weights is not easy to do to near perfection. Which is why most like the idea but never tried, like myself. My thoughts on this over many years has remained mostly the same. 3 groups. 7 down wedges. Base length would all be my current 9 iron. 2 to 6 with a base length of a 5 iron. Woods all the same. My current driver was manufactured closer to a 3 wood.

We're on the same page brother. One cool thing about some modern drivers (I'm playing TM M5) is that you can buy replacement weights for the sole. I just had to add one extra 8 or 9 gm weight to get the driver back to the right SW. I had to add lead powder to my irons. That was a treat.

I love his approach to the game
The one length shaft idea makes sense from the standpoint that every swing path is exactly the same
The only thing that changes is the loft
It makes duplication of the swing easier
As far as his mechanics
Look up a guy named Mo Norman
Many think that Mo was the best ball striker of all time
Mo set up with his arms extended into the impact position
The theory is that the body can just turn and swing on the same plane without needing to make space between the golfer and the ball
Kirk Junge is another teacher of this method
I started playing golf at 52
I’m now a 6 handicap at 59 using the setup for impact swing
It makes the swing more repeatable

Reactions: Knightmoves
The one length shaft idea makes sense from the standpoint that every swing path is exactly the same
As far as his mechanics
The theory is that the body can just turn and swing on the same plane without needing to make space between the golfer and the ball

6 handicap after playing for 7 years? No one likes you. LOL

As far as his mechanics
i didn't think i would ever see moe norman's name anywhere other than on the golf sites i frequent.

You've now said that at least twice. If by "Bro" you meaning winning tournaments and millions of dollars, bro out bro.

Or maybe he's just a competitor that wants to win and works really hard at it.

It's more the approach to the game. Guys like Koepka, Dechambeau, etc are a much different cut of cloth than McIlroy, Spieth, Thomas, and Fowler. It's almost like a goon approach where you get huge and just try and blast the ball a million yards off the tee without caring where it goes. Tiger showed how bulking up that much can really cause stress on your body with the intensity of a pro's swing.

But hey, like you said, it's working for them so not hating. Definitely thought higher of DeChambeau' after seeing some of his interviews and emotion over the weekend.

It's more the approach to the game. Guys like Koepka, Dechambeau, etc are a much different cut of cloth than McIlroy, Spieth, Thomas, and Fowler. It's almost like a goon approach where you get huge and just try and blast the ball a million yards off the tee without caring where it goes. Tiger showed how bulking up that much can really cause stress on your body with the intensity of a pro's swing.

But hey, like you said, it's working for them so not hating. Definitely thought higher of DeChambeau' after seeing some of his interviews and emotion over the weekend.
It’s the same exact approach Tiger bro had. Hit it further and have a great short game. You’re just hating for some other reason.

6 handicap after playing for 7 years? No one likes you. LOL
I’m hoping to beat that! 12 after 2.5! That’s awesome Snowboarder. Congrats!

I don’t use Norman’s method but I have to say, it makes a lot of sense.

i didn't think i would ever see moe norman's name anywhere other than on the golf sites i frequent.
Pipeline Mo was his nickname because he hit it so straight. Check out this video from a five years ago! The Norman/DeChambeau connection has been around from the start.

speed/distance is a skill. it can be trained. i don't get why it should be seen any different than phil learning his flop shot or bubba learning to control the curvature on the ball.

BD has even bigger plans for the Masters in November. Keep working out, gain 15 addl lbs and hit a 48” Driver 370 yards or more. With the wide fairways and no rough at Augusta he may turn it into a pitch and putt exercise.

“I’m not going to stop. Next week I’m going to be trying a 48-inch driver. We’re going to be messing with some head designs and do some amazing with things with Cobra to make it feasible to hit these drives maybe 360, 370, maybe even farther. I don’t know.”

“I think I can get to 245,” DeChambeau said after citing his official height and weight as 6’1″, 230 or 235 lbs. depending on if he’s recently eaten a steak. “It’s going to be a lot of working out. I don’t think it’s possible; it may be, I don’t know. It’s just I’ve gained so much so quickly in a year.”

Reactions: Caliknight
ADVERTISEMENT