ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Bryson DeChambeau

Myrtleknight

Junior
Mar 25, 2006
I don’t get it. This guy is obviously juicing. It’s like baseball in 97-98. Why is no one calling him out.

How is he obviously juicing??
Because they have copies of receipts proving he bought one of these:

hero-BL494-alt0.jpg

I wouldn’t go so far to say he’s definitely juicing, but anytime that kind of muscle is added, it certainly raises eyebrows.

I feel more confident predicting that after maybe 5 years, he will be plagued by injuries quite a bit.

Reactions: patk89
It’s definitely not all muscle but it’s still an absurd amount of weight he’s put on the past year. Even more absurd is that he’s done pretty well this season, but like Class said he’ll probably experience some injury issues down the road if he keeps this up long term.

juicing in the traditional sense, prob not. knowing his predilection for science, he's prob got some sort of nutrition and supplement cocktail that is just this side of legal because no one has really investigated it yet.

They said stuff like that with Mark McGwire. I think he took a hard look at brooks. Who I also think is on something. And decided he can do that too.

I doubt he's juicing. I have friends who have done what Bryson has by meal prepping, taking extra protein and creatine, and focusing on their routine lol. And none of them had access to the kind of stuff a tour pro does.

If this works, which it looks like it is, expect a lot of others to follow suit

bryson is a big follower of broadie's principles. distance = shots gained.

I've seen him a bit recently. He's hitting some sick drives. Averaged 321 today. His playing partners averaged 328 (Rory) and 301 (Phil). I'd imagine if he has an issue while he adjusts to the added weight and muscle, it'd be approach shots and short game where knowing your distance with each club is so very important.

Reactions: beaced
I've seen him a bit recently. He's hitting some sick drives. Averaged 321 today. His playing partners averaged 328 (Rory) and 301 (Phil). I'd imagine if he has an issue while he adjusts to the added weight and muscle, it'd be approach shots and short game where knowing your distance with each club is so very important.
Gorillas are notoriously poor chippers and putters..

There is a few things known by the public about Brycon DeChambeau. He thinks over every little detail before doing something. He is incredibly smart. He isn't a person that would take a short cut in doing anything.
OP is an idiot.

I wouldn’t go so far to say he’s definitely juicing, but anytime that kind of muscle is added, it certainly raises eyebrows.

I feel more confident predicting that after maybe 5 years, he will be plagued by injuries quite a bit.

Look at his belly. He added tons of weight but there's fat too.

Heard he hit a shot that carried 430.

Reactions: ClassOf02
There is a few things known by the public about Brycon DeChambeau. He thinks over every little detail before doing something. He is incredibly smart. He isn't a person that would take a short cut in doing anything.
OP is an idiot.

Yep. Bryson is basically re-inventing the game based on his experimenting and experience. Part of that was to add weight to increase club head speed.

Everyone assumed Tiger was juicing because he added muscle over years. But these guys did through hard work. We all know Tiger is not a hard worker.

Yep. Bryson is basically re-inventing the game based on his experimenting and experience. Part of that was to add weight to increase club head speed.
He is also using a 5 degree driver. I’m more impressed with his accuracy with a 5 degree driver than distance.

I don’t get it. This guy is obviously juicing. It’s like baseball in 97-98. Why is no one calling him out.
Been waiting for this thread all month. I am a huge dechambeau fan. I have also questioned the juicing. But he is tested on the pga tour. Obviously that i doesn’t mean everything.

However I’m more surprised how a pro golfer can bulk up that much in that short of time and not have it mess with their game but actually be better. That is the thing that is stumping the tour pros. How can you add 30-40 pounds of muscle and it have no effect on your game.

also I have never seen a pro add 20 yards to the driving distance in 6 months. That’s insane. And unheard of. If they add 2 yards to their average in 6 months it’s a lot. Let alone 20.

Everyone assumed Tiger was juicing because he added muscle over years. But these guys did through hard work. We all know Tiger is not a hard worker.
Huh. Prior to his injuries he was one of the hardest workers on tour. He is now limited to how much he can play and hit balls. His body is broken down now. The fact he still competes and wins tells you how great a talent he is

Reactions: bossnj1
No one who wins 85 tournaments is “not a hard worker.” Go have another drink.

Reactions: tomatocan
Been waiting for this thread all month. I am a huge dechambeau fan. I have also questioned the juicing. But he is tested on the pga tour. Obviously that i doesn’t mean everything.

However I’m more surprised how a pro golfer can bulk up that much in that short of time and not have it mess with their game but actually be better. That is the thing that is stumping the tour pros. How can you add 30-40 pounds of muscle and it have no effect on your game.

also I have never seen a pro add 20 yards to the driving distance in 6 months. That’s insane. And unheard of. If they add 2 yards to their average in 6 months it’s a lot. Let alone 20.
Bulking up in a short amount of time isnt unheard of at all. Especially when young like these guys. I played competitive golf at 180 and football at 200. I never lifted after the last football game until the following June. Took just two months to gain 20lbs of muscle and a lot of high protein food. Daily workouts between lower and upper body every other day. No days off. Cycling instead of running. Cycling builds muscle much better than running with a faster recovery time.

Reactions: rubigtimenow
He is also using a 5 degree driver. I’m more impressed with his accuracy with a 5 degree driver than distance.

Yeah - at first I didn't think he was really improving his game but things are definitely improving now. His craziness is paying off.

Reactions: WhiteBus
Yeah - at first I didn't think he was really improving his game but things are definitely improving now. His craziness is paying off.
He beats to a different drum. His approach to the game is so unique, no one has looked at the game like he does and it's fascinating. He doesn't have the typical superstar personality. Sometimes too serious in interviews but from all accounts really does have a sense of humor. He doesn't come off as a nerd as many did between Jack and Tiger. He is fun to watch.

Reactions: RUScrew85

Tiger went from skinny-ish to jacked. No idea if he actually used steroids.
Bryson went from big guy to bigger fat-ish guy. Very unlikely he used steroids to get where he is.

Reactions: oncampus
I think we need to wait until he wins a few tournaments before saying it’s paying off. The old saying, drive for show....

OP is an idiot.

Thanks for the compliment.

I never said it was a short cut. It’s clearly well thought out and executed. The end result is going to be Millions of $’s.

He’s cheating. And he’s not the only one or the only type of pharma enhancements on tour. Ie...Pros have been taking beta blockers for years and years.

I never said it was a short cut. It’s clearly well thought out and executed. The end result is going to be Millions of $’s.

He’s cheating. And he’s not the only one or the only type of pharma enhancements on tour. Ie...Pros have been taking beta blockers for years and years.

Show your work. You're making claims that require proof. I'm all eyes. Show it.

Reactions: WhiteBus

I hope some day you get falsely accused by a complete stranger like you are doing here. You are total a-hole.

I followed him for 2 rounds a few years back when he won the individual NCAA golf championship in FL when he was at SMU. No ropes at the course, spectators could walk right next to the players and see their shots.

I was most impressed with his shotmaking and short game at that time but didn’t know if he could compete on the Tour. That question has been answered imo. He is a leading contender every week on tour now.

ADVERTISEMENT