ADVERTISEMENT

OT: (but non political!!!) Extreme up-close video of tornado near Wray, CO!

A

anon_ivydyf0amkzay

discussed this in class this week...while chasing these things can end badly, we have these fools to thank for one heck of a recording.

this is not new, but perhaps you have not seen it. Remarkable expression of energy and it almost looks CGI

In my head... these same people hunt ghosts during the "off-season".....

but, I'm sure they were well trained by some on-line course in "storm chasing"....

Reactions: anon_ivydyf0amkzay
In my head... these same people hunt ghosts during the "off-season".....

but, I'm sure they were well trained by some on-line course in "storm chasing"....
Maybe this is all needed to be a do- it- yourself storm chaser ( hopefully book mentions full tank of gas is a plus)
41C6H8JM0EL._SS400_.jpg

Reactions: anon_ivydyf0amkzay
Wow, that is just crazy. "should I get closer?" lol Impressive video and whats amazing is how many cars were doing the same

I watch a ton of storm chasing videos and it always blows my mind how many people (non-chasers) continue driving towards tornadoes like there is nothing there.

I've been following Reed Timmer a long time. He actually knows what he is doing. He did get injured once when his reinforced windshield broke.

Speaking of Kansas, I was on swing forecast shift at Nellis afb in Las Vegas...sunny/hot/dry when this happened...all I did that evening was follow this. I still have the last observation sent by the weather flight there in some box somewhere; it read:

T+RW+ FC 1MI SW MOVG NE LAST (basically, we are outtie)

The airman in this shot was reprimanded for not following wing commander directives that afternoon

discussed this in class this week...while chasing these things can end badly, we have these fools to thank for one heck of a recording.

this is not new, but perhaps you have not seen it. Remarkable expression of energy and it almost looks CGI
Awesome video, especially since most tornado videos often seem obscured by clouds/rain, plus it cooperated nicely by simply moving along that road. And yeah, it almost looked like CGI.

ADVERTISEMENT