ADVERTISEMENT

OT: CAA Expansion News and Rumors - Good for Jay Young possibly

BigEastPhil

Heisman Winner
Gold Member
Nov 25, 2007
Last week , NC A&T was admitted into the CAA giving it 13 schools in BB and 7 for the South Division

As the North Division will need another school to balance the conference , rumor is Fairfield ( and Jay Young) will be that school.

Albany is a possibility as well as a back up school

As the MAAC will now lose 2 schools - with Monmouth going to the CAA - it appears 1 school the MAAC will add is Wagner.

Last edited:
Starting to wonder if Jay Young is going to succeed at Fairfield. Year three not looking much better than 1 or 2 although admittedly I am going by record only.

he lost in the finals of the MAAC tourment. It sucks that pitino came into the league.

he is building Fairfield like pikiell did at stonybrook and rutgers. He needs the one class to get him over the hump like stony Brook and rutgers. At stony Brook he had a class of Brenton, Dougher and Joyner which put them on the map then rutgers geo, Ron and miles(I know geo and Ron are not same class but same concept)

Reactions: ancienthooper
Would love to see Iona make the Big Dance and Pitino get a shot at beating Kentucky. Apologies for the tangent. I share the same feelings about Rutgers getting a shot at UCLA, Oregon, and St. John’s.

I wonder if NJIT, a growing university, brand new arena, and local school for Monmouth, has applied to the CAA?

Reactions: WPUknight
NJIT is a good catch for a conference whose schools field Chess and Robotics teams. For a few years NJIT competed in a conference with our local team down here, FGCU.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT