ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Can the Cavs Win This Series?

RU848789

Legend
Gold Member
Jul 27, 2001
Metuchen, NJ
I though the Cavs were dead, down 3-1, especially with the blowout losses, but they played a great game 5 (yes, Green being out helped, but LeBron and Irving were awesome) and are off to a red hot start tonight, up 20-9 early on, shutting GS down defensively (they missed their first 7 shots). If they can sustain this level, they'll win this game. Sure, Game 7 on the road will be tough, but even getting to Game 7 would be pretty impressive. I don't care much who wins - I mostly would just love to see a Game 7.

Either way...get ready for a week of solid lebaby

more like baby curry. dude was whining all night. his only way of playing D is to grab who ever he is defending,. He was grabbing Irving all night. Most overrated player in NBA history. If he's not shooting 3's he is invisible. Lebron is twice the player. How Curry is unanimous MVP and Lebron gets no votes is a joke and the award should be discontinued. The best play of the night was Curry crying like a baby after he fouled out, he threw a fit like a 2 year old.

Its all about LeBron and Kyrie and the cavs D. If they keep punking the Warriors manhood they win. But if they take thier foot off the gas for a second they lose.

Cavs no shot to win game 7. Warriors are better and won't have to worry about the refs at the Oracle

Why in God's name isn't this game being played on Saturday night?

Sunday at 8pm? I mean seriously. Get people excited. Allow people to get together at their homes, the bars would be rocking, etc...

Obviously they ran the numbers and they believe they will make more money. And that is all that matters. What a shame.

Reactions: soundcrib
Lebron looked every bit the best player in the world last night, what everyone wanted to see from him.
If Kyrie shows up in Oakland and TT get's his 13-15 boards, it's game over.
Warriors miss Bogut more than they though, Iggy is playing with a bad back too.

Last edited:
it's funny I was NEVER a Lebron fan, or the Cavs, I'm a fan of all the Jersey/NY teams, but Curry is so damn annoying, I'm ALL IN as they like to say out here.

I feel the poster with "OHIO" in his name should be banned from this thread. :boxing:

Lebron looked every bit the best player in the world last night, what everyone wanted to see from him.
If Kyrie shows up in Oakland and TT get's his 13-15 boards, it's game over.
Warriors miss Bogut more than they though, Iggy is playing with a bad back too.

Mebron? Michael Jordan says hello.
mj.jpg

Not a fan of Mebron, but have to give him props for last night's performance.

I'm watching it just fine, Curry grabs guys every time they blow by him on D. Loved his crying routine last night because the refs finally called him for it.

varejao FLOPS, game 5 pulls Delly down by the neck and gets the call. Did the same thing last night. He comes in and flops all over the court and the refs continue to buy his act.

The best call was Love getting out of way on a drive, doesn't even touch him and of course there's a foul because it's a miss. Oh wait I'm sorry game 5 they called the ball out-of-bounds on Irving even though the ball was a foot from the sideline.

Green should have been T'd up last night. Only reason he wasn't is because the refs knew he's be suspended for game 7. Any other time a guy reacts like he did it's a technical.

^^Hasn't watched the series^^

Last edited:
I'm watching it just fine, Curry grabs guys every time they blow by him on D. Loved his crying routine last night because the refs finally called him for it.

varejao FLOPS, game 5 pulls Delly down by the neck and gets the call. Did the same thing last night. He comes in and flops all over the court and the refs continue to buy his act.

The best call was Love getting out of way on a drive, doesn't even touch him and of course there's a foul because it's a miss. Oh wait I'm sorry game 5 they called the ball out-of-bounds on Irving even though the ball was a foot from the sideline.

Green should have been T'd up last night. Only reason he wasn't is because the refs knew he's be suspended for game 7. Any other time a guy reacts like he did it's a technical.

Game ball goes for Kevin Love for picking up two quick fouls and getting off the court right away

Still the greatest player ever. To say Lebron is the greatest player in the world today is fine, but the competition is significantly diminished compared to Jordan's era.

I agree, I was only talking about active players. Can't be the best without the rings. Last night was incredible. One of Lebron's best games, on par with Game 6 against the Celtics.

Still the greatest player ever. To say Lebron is the greatest player in the world today is fine, but the competition is significantly diminished compared to Jordan's era.
I vote Kareem as the greatest.

There really isn't a logical case that competition was better 20 years. Technology and analysis have made knowledge and coaching better. Players have more advantages in health and fitness. The pool of players is the largest it has ever been. What factors would diminish basketball quality that have changed over time. I can't think of any.

Reactions: RUChoppin
I vote Kareem as the greatest.

There really isn't a logical case that competition was better 20 years. Technology and analysis have made knowledge and coaching better. Players have more advantages in health and fitness. The pool of players is the largest it has ever been. What factors would diminish basketball quality that have changed over time. I can't think of any.

the amount of contact allowed.

Wouldn't that be a style preference? That doesn't make the competition diminished the players are as skilled and athletic as ever. They just don't play in the style that some people like. I think the current NBA is incredible in skill

One thing that is not as fun to watch these playoffs is the number of lop sided games. This has happened because the three point shot is high risk high reward, and as teams use it more you will have more variation in the small sample size of a game. 3 point attempts have increased from 1042 per team in Jordan's last season to 1975 this year. The game evolves and the preferred strategies and skill sets will change.

"They don't play the way I like them to anymore" or "I don't like the rule changes that have been made since then" is not the same as "the competition is significantly diminished".

Why in God's name isn't this game being played on Saturday night?

Sunday at 8pm? I mean seriously. Get people excited. Allow people to get together at their homes, the bars would be rocking, etc...

Obviously they ran the numbers and they believe they will make more money. And that is all that matters. What a shame.
Sunday night is the biggest TV night. Saturday night is the smallest. There's a reason they play the Super Bowl on Sunday.

Reactions: MikeR0102
Agree with Rice that the quality of play has not diminished, although the style has changed some with way more 3 pointers and less contact. I still have Jordan as the best ever, with LeBron, Magic, Kareem, Oscar R, Wilt, and Bird all in the running for 2nd best. Curry is behind all of them and probably some others, although he is the best shooter in the history of the game.

Did anyone notice who got 5 minutes in garbage time last night for the Cavs? Our former favorite son, Dahntay Jones. He's had a workmanlike career - 13 years in the League ain't bad.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dahntay_Jones

Agree with Rice that the quality of play has not diminished, although the style has changed some with way more 3 pointers and less contact. I still have Jordan as the best ever, with LeBron, Magic, Kareem, Oscar R, Wilt, and Bird all in the running for 2nd best. Curry is behind all of them and probably some others, although he is the best shooter in the history of the game.

Did anyone notice who got 5 minutes in garbage time last night for the Cavs? Our former favorite son, Dahntay Jones. He's had a workmanlike career - 13 years in the League ain't bad.

jones actually was the focus of the announcers for the last 2 minutes of the first half with a surprise early entry and making an impact with a blocked shot and drawing a foul on green on a box out

Curious where you'd rank Curry as a PG in NBA history, since you didn't have any true PGs in your list (Magic was more of a point forward). Would he be ahead or behind of guys like Stockton, Nash, Kidd, Thomas, etc?

Not an NBA fan but i think its unlikely the Cavs best GS three in a row and two of three on the road (i assume this series is 2-2-1-1-1) hence if I were betting I'd be putting coin on GS. Cleveland's sports misery to continue

jones actually was the focus of the announcers for the last 2 minutes of the first half with a surprise early entry and making an impact with a blocked shot and drawing a foul on green on a box out

Was flipping back and forth with the soccer and missed that part, thanks...

Kyrie Irving has been unstoppable in this series. The Warriors don't have an answer for him. If Iguadola isn't 100%, they don't have an answer for James, either.

Kyrie Irving has been unstoppable in this series. The Warriors don't have an answer for him. If Iguadola isn't 100%, they don't have an answer for James, either.

Igoudala can hardly even run. There's no way he can stop Lebron with his back issues.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT