ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Car title issue.

RU-05

Heisman Winner
Jun 25, 2015
I am looking to buy a used car off someone but the seller signed on both the seller and the buyer lines.
To complicate matters the seller is in another country.

Is this a major issue?

I sold a car to my brother. Somehow we screwed up filling out the title. My bro went to DMV and they wouldn’t register it. I had to complete an error form and have it notarized. I had to get the original to back to my bro. I assume you will have the same issue. Even worse since the seller is out of the country.

Reactions: RU-05
Since you are the buyer and the seller hasn’t provided a clean title, I would move on and choose another car.

I sold a car to my brother. Somehow we screwed up filling out the title. My bro went to DMV and they wouldn’t register it. I had to complete an error form and have it notarized. I had to get the original to back to my bro. I assume you will have the same issue. Even worse since the seller is out of the country.

Luckily his father has power of attorney.
Honda Accord?

Nah Subaru Legacy.
Since you are the buyer and the seller hasn’t provided a clean title, I would move on and choose another car.

It's a good deal so I'm willing to wait until they provide a clean title, which as evidenced by the link above doesn't look too difficult.
Probably only recourse is to push the car off a cliff into a lake. Been there. Tough situation. File police report, collect insurance money. Better than dealing with MVC
Well this part of the deal is on them. If the burden were on me I'd lower my offer. Unfortuneately I won't be able to avoid the MVC forever though as I will then have to register it.

Reactions: MulletCork
ADVERTISEMENT