ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Caribbean Islands recommendations

I agree, was just there for 5 days for a work boondongle and half the time I felt like I was going to get blown over. Really was not impressed at all. We stayed at the Hilton Palm Beach
Photos of Aruba looks like an island from WWII that was shelled before a landing. Very stark landscape.

Reactions: MR RU
I've never, ever heard people complain about Aruba until this thread.

Take every other place mentioned in here and none will be able to compete with Aruba in terms of predictability of nice, warm weather.

Reactions: Leonard23
Aruba is hell on Earth, the worse of the worse I mean just look at these photos:

aruba-intext

372-beach-10-hotel-occidental-grand-aruba-resort_tcm21-43929.jpg

aruba.jpg

b2ap3_large_Aruba-Palm-Beach-at-Aruba-shutterstock_175767878.jpg

Reactions: Leonard23
Anyone want to talk about SW PR ? Anyone been near Ponce or points west along the Caribbean coast?

Ponce area and most of SW PR has always been a beach wasteland since I worked there in the mid 70’s. There may be a few resorts there now but many better locations in the Caribbean.

Reactions: RUaMoose
I've never, ever heard people complain about Aruba until this thread.

Take every other place mentioned in here and none will be able to compete with Aruba in terms of predictability of nice, warm weather.

Aruba is hell on Earth, the worse of the worse I mean just look at these photos:

aruba-intext

aruba.jpg

Our fans complain about everything...the beach is too sandy...the ocean is too salty... [laughing] [jumpingsmile]

Negril Jamaica -walk the 7 mile beach. Also can try Ocho Rios. A few very nice resorts nearby and you can do short trips to Dunn River Falls and some other spots.
Not a big fan of Ocho Rios. Or any place where the cruise ships dock.
Some of the best evenings of my life were spent watching the sun set in Negril with my wife, good friends, and a good buzz.
And, of course, some reggae music playing.

aruba-intext

aruba.jpg

except the reality is more like:

WE walked past the RIU PALACE- the resort from your picture and it was crowded like this:
o.jpg

And the beaches are indeed nice as long as the wind does blow too much sand in your face

MEDIA=youtube]WWkbgh0V9Bw[/MEDIA]

You forgot a few photos:

How lovely!
1600px-Valero_Oil_Refinery_Aruba_%284901402311%29.jpg

So lush and tropical:

aruba-desert.jpg
Oh stop. This is silly. The refinery is literally almost an hour away from where you want to be and can't be seen from there. Every nice island has not so nice areas and you stay away from them. This isn't hard

Reactions: NotInRHouse

WE walked past the RIU PALACE- the resort from your picture and it was crowded like this:
o.jpg

And the beaches are indeed nice as long as the wind does blow too much sand in your face

The Hyatt is nothing like this. You don't go to Aruba and stay at an all inclusive like Riu. I've been to Aruba numerous times in June, July and August and never had a problem, especially not with wind and sand. You're nuts.

Reactions: NotInRHouse

o.jpg

The Hyatt is nothing like this. You don't go to Aruba and stay at an all inclusive like Riu. I've been to Aruba numerous times in June, July and August and never had a problem, especially not with wind and sand. You're nuts.
We didn’t stay at the RIu either, we stayed at the Hilton, and the facility was nice and not very crowded. On the wind side, perhaps we just hit a bad 5 day stretch, but each day the winds were often bad enough to push you around and forget put trying to eat outside. Anyway, we talked to a number of folks that come back to aruba year after year, so we obviously were missing something. Maybe someday we will try again.

ADVERTISEMENT