ADVERTISEMENT

OT - Carli Lloyd calls out Politi

Presentation1_zpskhovbihf.jpg

He was praising her, and even if he was misguided, her reaction was overblown. He's in her camp, obviously.

In this age of print media belt tightening, how the hell does this nincompoop still have a job?

Reactions: RU-AGK
Except that he is blaming RU, and there was no reason to write the article in the first place.
And doesn't her tweet basically say this has nothing to do with her rejecting rutgers or rutgers snubbing her? Doesn't her tweet tell us all that she is as good as IN when it makes the most sense to do so and that she is on board with the plan?

END OF STORY.. time for everyone, including Politi, to just drop the topic.

Praising her my a$$. He is looking for clicks.

Of course he was praising her, trying to make an issue where there was none. But to be fair -- odd around here -- do you think he's the only person who thought she should be in already?

People don't think. Obviously she'll be in when the time is right. It's a non-issue and not worth writing about. But you can't raise the issue without praising Lloyd, so just relax already.

Of course he was praising her, trying to make an issue where there was none. But to be fair -- odd around here -- do you think he's the only person who thought she should be in already?

People don't think. Obviously she'll be in when the time is right. It's a non-issue and not worth writing about. But you can't raise the issue without praising Lloyd, so just relax already.

It doesn't appear she read the article; there were quotes from Hobbes in the piece about the plan. Politi's belief that it is for some reason "urgent" to get her in is bizarre. I won't even get into the hyperbole of comparing her to the Beatles...

From what I'm getting from these stories RU wants to put her in but they are trying work things out where she can be present.
Part of being inducted into a HOF is having the person present for the honor and having the fans there to recognize her. This is a woman who is an international superstar with tons of commitments. Let's hope that both Carli and RU can make this happen sooner than later.

Sadly when considering the recent happenings in football post Schiano, and the 20 plus years of basketball ineptness until last year...we probably have more candidates (coaches and players and one AD) for a hall of shame than a HOF. Hope we can change this trend.

I think what got her going was the bit at the end where he said just put her in whether she shows up or not. It was kind of a "F**k Carli if she doesn't want to show up" attitude. He spent all that time praising her only to slap her at the end.

Reactions: ScarletKid2008
The headline clearly states I am looking for clicks: The article itself may praise her but the headline suggests RU hasn't approved of her being inducted

This is silly: How is Carli Lloyd still not in the Rutgers Hall of Fame? | Politi
Why do certain people defend nj.com at all cost? As soon as you and others put them in their place, they never come back to comment on this thread. Standard Hit and Run. It almost sounds as if they work for nj.com. Don't lose sleep over this.

Maybe someone could tweet the picture I posted above/below to Carli and see if she approves?
Presentation1_zpskhovbihf.jpg
I just had an email train with Politi. Politi "stands by" his article "101 percent". At least he replied to my email to him. I wasn't pleasant

I think it's hysterical that she's tweeting layout instructions to the media.

Again, like somebody said yesterday... if you met her, you'd understand.

Reactions: Rokodesh
Go Carli! (OP should correct name spelling in title)....

Why do certain people defend nj.com at all cost? As soon as you and others put them in their place, they never come back to comment on this thread. Standard Hit and Run. It almost sounds as if they work for nj.com. Don't lose sleep over this.
"Put them in their place" is an odd assessment. Some folks just don't perceive negativity in every nuance of others' writings, even if they don't necessarily like the writers. Rutgers has fvcked up almost as much as any university has when it comes to getting its shit together on the athletics side, so not all of us see criticism as either unwarranted or out of bounds. We're in the big leagues now and have to take the hits, whether legit or not, as they come along. At least we're in the press, which means we're relevant. You think that in a month or a year people are going to remember the things Politi said about Carli?

And as an aside, there was a thread a year ago indicating that Carli hadn't exactly been accommodating to Rutgers when they started making overtures to honoring her here. Word is that she's not the easiest person to deal with.

I think I believe she's a little off now that she has referred to Hobbs as "Patrick". She's right tho. F em.

Let's play out this scenario, imagining Politi never wrote this article:

Rutgers holds its HOF induction ceremony. Mulcahy is there and is honored. Douby is there and is honored. Same for Lucas. They announce Lloyd's induction and she isn't there. People are a bit surprised/confused. Lloyd's people say that she couldn't be there for scheduling reasons, and they tried to work out a date with Rutgers, but Rutgers proceeded without her.

Does anyone for a second believe that Politi/NJ.com would not MURDER us for that? How it is disrespectful to one of our greats? How it is same old Rutgers?

F them and their bald penis looking heads.

This is what happens when you set out to write a story you want to write without the facts to support it. The headline says it all. He had it in his stupid penis looking head that this was a Rutgers problem and someone needed to be blamed for it, so he went in that direction despite what the facts were.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT