ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Carson Wentz

Knightmoves

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Aug 1, 2001
Last edited:
Great measurables as a QB but is he an NFL version of Art Sitkowski?

Rooting for him, but when does he prove his worth for the Eagles? Time may be running out for him in the near future imo.
Why would you compare a 5th year NFL veteran to a college QB with one year of experience? And in what ways is the NFL version of Sitkowski? Wentz has a 99/37 TD INT ratio. Factoring out his first year, when his TD/INT ratio was 16/14, his TD/INT ratio is 83/23. Wentz also has a 63.7% career completion ratio.

NEVER!

giphy.gif

Sincerely,
Giants fan

Reactions: rurichdog
Why would you compare a 5th year NFL veteran to a college QB with one year of experience? And in what ways is the NFL version of Sitkowski? Wentz has a 99/37 TD INT ratio. Factoring out his first year, when his TD/INT ratio was 16/14, his TD/INT ratio is 83/23. Wentz also has a 63.7% career completion ratio.

Art has one year of experience at RU? You paying attention to the games?

Last season doesn’t count?

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/artur-sitkowski-1.html

You are going to double down on your stupid comparison? OK 1.25 years of college experience compared to a 5th year NFL veteran. How about comparing the stats and answering the questions.

Quitting last year doesn’t count for Art?

He was our starter, remember?

Oh, so this is your thread to sh!t on Art? Got it. Art was not the starter after the Iowa game.

Give us a clue---Carson Wentz "quit" on his team?

Ok you don’t get it. Playing QB is about performance during the games. Never said Wentz quit on the Eagles, as you allege.

But Art certainly quit last season on RU FB.

Quitting on the team may be ok with you, but it’s not ok with many RU FB fans.

agreed. OP clueless as usual.

Reactions: Knight Shift
Ok you don’t get it. Playing QB is about performance during the games. Never said Wentz quit on the Eagles, as you allege.

This has to be one of the most idiotic threads on this board in a long time:
SUMMARY:

1. You: "Great measurables as a QB but is he an NFL version of Art Sitkowski?

Rooting for him, but when does he prove his worth for the Eagles? Time may be running out for him in the near future imo."

2. Question-how is he the NFL version of Art? Stats are not a all similar. 5th year NFL starter versus a college QB who started one full season?

3. You: Art started last year, didn't he before he quit. Quitting does not count

4. Answer/Question- 3 games. OK 1.25 seasons. What is the comparison?

5: You- PIVOTING--"Never said Wentz quit on the Eagles, as you allege. But Art certainly quit last season on RU FB. Quitting on the team may be ok with you, but it’s not ok with many RU FB fans."

6. Answer- that's a lot of assumptions about what I said and think--but my assumption was correct--you just want to sh!t on Sitkowski. Why don't you tell him these things to his face?

Good night. No time for this stupidity, and don't know why I indulged you in the first place.

Hmmm ....one of the all time dumb comparisons on this board .
Onto Wentz. Not a great quarterback and not nick foles, who he will be judged against now his whole career . But wentz is serviceable . But if he doesn’t win a super bowl, he will be judged as a disappointment.

Wentz was awesome in 2017 before the injury . He won the division and was in the MVP discussion . Tell you what I would sign right now for any rutgers player to win us the division title and BIG player of the year vote getter. This may never, ever happen!

Reactions: Morrischiano
  1. As with all things NFL start with the contract. Unless an unlikely trade partner emerges, Eagles can't move on from his contract until after the 2021 season. If he is healthy, he will get all of the opportunities for the Eagles until then.
  2. If at that time, the Eagles feel like they need to move on from him, he will get opportunities with other teams. Barring a career ending injury or off the field problem he will continue to be in the league for a while after that. NFL QBs who are top 2 picks stick around for awhile no matter how good they actually are.
  3. He's already proved his worth to the Eagles.
    1. They likely don't get the #1 seed in 2017 and get to the Super Bowl because of that without him. Remember Foles was good against the Giants but bad against Oak when they needed a win the regular season. Aslo was bad vs Atlanta in the playoffs, the Pederson and his staff simplified the game plan and was very good in the NFC Championship and Super Bowl.
    2. Last year they got to the playoffs with a bunch of players at the bottom of the roster at reciever, and he played excellent down the stretch with that group.
  4. Injuries to both his Eagles teammates and himself have not helped over the last few years.
  5. Now on to this year, no question he has been bad. A lot has been written the past few days as to why, including bad footwork, too many coaches in his ear, lack of taking to coaching, etc. . Right now it looks like he's is in between taking what is there in the offense and using his skills to extend and make plays. I'm of the theory that in 2017 he had 2 excellent coaches in QB Coach DeFilippo and OC Reich who didn't take shit from him and kept him in line with mechanics and the flow of the offense. Now QB coach and passing game coordinator for the Eagles Press Taylor is his good buddy and doesn't have that same sway with him.
In any case he needs to find what is wrong and correct it .

Can I respond to all of this?

Even if the folks on here aren't exactly sold on Wentz, let me tell you - as a Jets fan - I would take him in a heartbeat over the utter f*ckin' dumpster fire of a QB we have in DuhhArnold. So, if the Eagles are thinking of trading him, or want to entertain trading any other position player really, I'd be on board.

Reactions: Greg2020
Here are some good articles and tweets if people are still interested in the Wentz side of this thread. TLDR from them is that his feet are out of whack this year, possibly from a lingering groin injury, possibly from issues with the Eagles OLine this year.

Great measurables as a QB but is he an NFL version of Art Sitkowski?

Rooting for him, but when does he prove his worth for the Eagles? Time may be running out for him in the near future imo.

This year doesn't look great so far, but he did throw for over 4,000 yards last year with virtually no frontline receivers. He's also the main reason they even got to the Super Bowl that year, so I'm willing to give him more time.

Here are some good articles and tweets if people are still interested in the Wentz side of this thread. TLDR from them is that his feet are out of whack this year, possibly from a lingering groin injury, possibly from issues with the Eagles OLine this year.

O-Line is a big problem. Basically have two key starters out for the year and Johnson missed the first game against a tough D-Line. Facing Donald in week 2 didn't help much either.

Can I respond to all of this?

Even if the folks on here aren't exactly sold on Wentz, let me tell you - as a Jets fan - I would take him in a heartbeat over the utter f*ckin' dumpster fire of a QB we have in DuhhArnold. So, if the Eagles are thinking of trading him, or want to entertain trading any other position player really, I'd be on board.
Would it make any difference with the OL they have?

Fix the OP and change it to...(who sucks more, 5th Year NFL QB Wentz or 1st Year College QB A Sit??? I think Sit sucks)

Glad to see that posters are recognizing that Wentz has been underperforming at QB for the Eagles for some time now. Hope he puts it together starting this week. If not then they need to give backup QB Jalen Hurts some series soon.

I also learned that Knight Shift appears to be the unelected president of the Art Sitkowski fan club. Who knew, ha!

The thread was intended to be about the poor play of Wentz before getting hijacked by KS.

Quitting last year doesn’t count for Art?

He was our starter, remember?

I was not a fan of anybody quitting the team, but Art did what he needed to do in his best interests. Would anybody on this board want to stay under center with the crap show that was unfolding...and lose a year of eligibility? Now he has a new coaching staff..and its freaking Greg Schiano leading the way! Art did the right thing in my opinion.

See above. Art stuck with the team and preserved a year of eligibility which he felt was in his best interest. Initially, I was against his decision and probably spoke out against it, but I have changed my tune and think it was the best choice...This is unlike Quitshear who pulled out at gametime and eventually fled to Virginia.

Glad to see that posters are recognizing that Wentz has been underperforming at QB for the Eagles for some time now. Hope he puts it together starting this week. If not then they need to give backup QB Jalen Hurts some series soon.

I also learned that Knight Shift appears to be the unelected president of the Art Sitkowski fan club. Who knew, ha!

The thread was intended to be about the poor play of Wentz before getting hijacked by KS.

Nice rationalization. This thread was fail from the moment your brain conceived it and then you derailed it further. It had nowhere to go except in the toilet. Better luck next time.

• Love
Reactions: -RUFAN4LIFE-
All off season, I heard most people saying they were at least the 2nd best team in the division. Now, every position group sucks? Something doesn't add up.

I would've never said that. For me, it's about whether or not they pass the eyeball test and we've had two games to see that they don't.

I'm not kidding when I say this - I think there are high school teams that could beat them right now. There are DEFINITELY college teams that could. And, I don't just mean Alabama or whatever.

I would've never said that. For me, it's about whether or not they pass the eyeball test and we've had two games to see that they don't.

I'm not kidding when I say this - I think there are high school teams that could beat them right now. There are DEFINITELY college teams that could. And, I don't just mean Alabama or whatever.

A win vs Cincy at home this weekend gets them to 1-2. An important game for Wentz to win.

Anything less than a W and it’s time to work Jalen Hurts into some time at QB imo.

I expect Wentz to right the ship this weekend. But if the Eagles were happy with Wentz then why did they draft Hurts in the 2nd round?

Although I’m a Jets and Giants fan I had season tix for the Eagles for 10 years. So I try to root for them in most games.

1. As with all things NFL start with the contract. Unless an unlikely trade partner emerges, Eagles can't move on from his contract until after the 2021 season. If he is healthy, he will get all of the opportunities for the Eagles until then.
  2. If at that time, the Eagles feel like they need to move on from him, he will get opportunities with other teams. Barring a career ending injury or off the field problem he will continue to be in the league for a while after that. NFL QBs who are top 2 picks stick around for awhile no matter how good they actually are.
  3. He's already proved his worth to the Eagles.
    1. They likely don't get the #1 seed in 2017 and get to the Super Bowl because of that without him. Remember Foles was good against the Giants but bad against Oak when they needed a win the regular season. Aslo was bad vs Atlanta in the playoffs, the Pederson and his staff simplified the game plan and was very good in the NFC Championship and Super Bowl.
    2. Last year they got to the playoffs with a bunch of players at the bottom of the roster at reciever, and he played excellent down the stretch with that group.
  4. Injuries to both his Eagles teammates and himself have not helped over the last few years.
  5. Now on to this year, no question he has been bad. A lot has been written the past few days as to why, including bad footwork, too many coaches in his ear, lack of taking to coaching, etc. . Right now it looks like he's is in between taking what is there in the offense and using his skills to extend and make plays. I'm of the theory that in 2017 he had 2 excellent coaches in QB Coach DeFilippo and OC Reich who didn't take shit from him and kept him in line with mechanics and the flow of the offense. Now QB coach and passing game coordinator for the Eagles Press Taylor is his good buddy and doesn't have that same sway with him.
In any case he needs to find what is wrong and correct it .
Strong post, South. I said this last year, but it's no coincidence the MVP numbers came when Reich was the OC/QB coach. He was a tremendous loss.

Dude - stop doubling down on your monumentally stupid comparison to AS. Nothing wrong with a thread about Wentz's struggles at all - would be a fine post if you had left out AS.

The Eagles problems this season are probably 80% offensive line, as is the case with most failing offenses. They lost 2 starters before the season started and have lost even more since. One accurate comparison between Wentz and Sit is that they're both playing a bit scared because they get hit on more plays than not.

Dude - stop doubling down on your monumentally stupid comparison to AS. Nothing wrong with a thread about Wentz's struggles at all - would be a fine post if you had left out AS.

Got it. I may also want to suspend my comments on Art for awhile as well, ha!

There is no comparison between the play of Art and Wentz. The nuance of my first sentence was not accepted by some here. Swing and a miss on my end.

Reactions: RU848789
The Eagles problems this season are probably 80% offensive line, as is the case with most failing offenses. They lost 2 starters before the season started and have lost even more since. One accurate comparison between Wentz and Sit is that they're both playing a bit scared because they get hit on more plays than not.

OLine was destroyed by the only good part of Washington Team in week 1, but played well last week vs the Aaron Donald and the Rams, with no sacks given up and Wentz only hit 3 times.

From reading more this week, it looks like Wentz's problems this year have been his accuracy, saw another thread about it in addition to my post the other day.

One thing to look at...how often is he "inaccurate" when throwing to rookies? I have noticed that they don't run sharp routes and get undercut quite a bit. Of course, he's been bad. But a lot of this narrative is asomething he'll never refute, which is that his receivers aren't where they're supposed to be. There was a great breakdown done by Orlovsky last year illustrating this.

Poor wentz has to walk by the statue of the guy who ACTUALLY won a super bowl in that s*** hole of a city...that’s gotta suck! 🤣🤣

Reactions: Postman_1
Poor wentz has to walk by the statue of the guy who ACTUALLY won a super bowl in that s*** hole of a city...that’s gotta suck! 🤣🤣
One there is no statue. Two, I live close to the stadium complex and it is far, very far from a shithole.

See above. Art stuck with the team and preserved a year of eligibility which he felt was in his best interest. Initially, I was against his decision and probably spoke out against it, but I have changed my tune and think it was the best choice...This is unlike Quitshear who pulled out at gametime and eventually fled to Virginia.
Me too. However, the idea going into the season was that he would only play in 4 games and redshirt, but that was before Carter went down. Then he got put in and thrown to the wolves, only to have the HC and OC fired. So in retrospect I think his decision was the right one. AND........at least he handled it the right way, informing the coaching staff so that they had a full game week to prepare.

Blackshear, on the other hand, screwed all of his teammates and the coaches by waiting an hour before gametime to opt out. What a chickenshit move. Especially since the gameplan had been built around him with a new quarterback at the helm.

Reactions: LETSGORU91
One thing to look at...how often is he "inaccurate" when throwing to rookies? I have noticed that they don't run sharp routes and get undercut quite a bit. Of course, he's been bad. But a lot of this narrative is asomething he'll never refute, which is that his receivers aren't where they're supposed to be. There was a great breakdown done by Orlovsky last year illustrating this.

Yes, last year JJAW didn't run a route correctly and Orlovsky called him out on it. Wentz played well with a broken cast of receivers last year, but last year and this year is different, even Orlovsky has criticized Wentz this year.

Also today Wentz has had issues again. His 1st pick was tipped, but it was a horrible decision anyway. His 2nd pick was a bad throw. It wasn't shown on the the TV copy but before that 2nd pick multiple Philly reporters said he didn't see a wide open receiver running down field. A few minutes ago he missed a wide open Sanders down the sideline.

There is something going on with him this season, I hope he works it out. It's in my best interest as an Eagles fan that Wentz succeeds. As I posted above, because of his contract and their salary cap situation, they can't move on from him until after next season at the earliest.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT