ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Chadwick Boseman RIP

Just awful - terrific actor in some great roles. Seems like such a waste it was colon cancer - usually treatable if caught early enough.

Reactions: Greg2020
How did he had cancer since 2016? Insane with all of that suffering. And he was too damm young.

Chadwick was an excellent actor. This is very sad. May he rest in peace.

Groz

Reactions: TGonzRU
This is just terrible because it just camr so unexpectedly. 2020 is just unrelenting. I lost a cousin to colon caner at 32. An attorney at my former employer at 29. I beat it but cancer sucks man.
Sorry for your loss but glad to see you're doing ok. Lost my father to cancer on Halloween. Cancer does suck.

• Sad
Reactions: Jm0513
How did he had cancer since 2016? Insane with all of that suffering. And he was too damm young.

My grandma died of Colon and my cousin was diagnosed with colon cancer as well at 40 but is cancer free today. 🙏
People can have cancer for years while undergoing maintenance treatments. The cancer wont be cured, but hopes are for it to not progress. I cant speak for him, but it said he was diagnosed stage 3 in 2016 then sadly it progressed to stage 4.
I feel for his family.

Reactions: HPNJRUfan
My grandma died of Colon and my cousin was diagnosed with colon cancer as well at 40 but is cancer free today. 🙏
People can have cancer for years while undergoing maintenance treatments. The cancer wont be cured, but hopes are for it to not progress. I cant speak for him, but it said he was diagnosed stage 3 in 2016 then sadly it progressed to stage 4.
I feel for his family.

Many people don't start to get screened for colon cancer until age 50 or so if they haven't had any symptoms or family history of it. Sadly it's occasionally too late for some of them.

I remember, in my early years of practice, I examined a young 20 something or maybe 30 yr old musician with back pain and constipation. I thought to myself that it's too ridiculous to even do rectal exam, but I did.
I could not even pass my finger through a rock hard mass that turned out to be advanced rectal cancer. We like to think that predictable things are,well, predictable. We like to think that if we lead a certain lifestyle, don't smoke, get screening etc , that we will be protected in a predictable manner. Cases like this remind us that disease ,particularly cancer, can occur in a completely unpredictable, unpreventable and random manner. Not often - but when it does happen, it reminds us of the fragile nature of life.

Reactions: LETSGORU91
I remember, in my early years of practice, I examined a young 20 something or maybe 30 yr old musician with back pain and constipation. I thought to myself that it's too ridiculous to even do rectal exam, but I did.
I could not even pass my finger through a rock hard mass that turned out to be advanced rectal cancer. We like to think that predictable things are,well, predictable. We like to think that if we lead a certain lifestyle, don't smoke, get screening etc , that we will be protected in a predictable manner. Cases like this remind us that disease ,particularly cancer, can occur in a completely unpredictable, unpreventable and random manner. Not often - but when it does happen, it reminds us of the fragile nature of life.
Nothing is ever certain, but living a healthy lifestyle significantly reduces the risks of many serious conditions, including cancer. But obviously you are right, shit can happen anytime anywhere so appreciate your time and live life to its fullest everyday.

Many people don't start to get screened for colon cancer until age 50 or so if they haven't had any symptoms or family history of it. Sadly it's occasionally too late for some of them.

Most insurance plans don’t cover routine screening until you are 50. The ACS is trying to get that lowered to 45.

I was smart/lucky to get mine when I turned 50, but my life would be a lot better today if I could have had it done at 45.

Last edited:
F CANCER

my little brother passed at 32 from colon cancer .... I get my colonoscopy done regularly....side note, Schiano sent a personal note to us when he heard the news. class act all the way. my brother was SID at Wagner for a few years.

Just 43. A buddy at work passed away from colon cancer in his early 40's as well. Get screened.

He was really good in “42” which was a great family movie for us.

He also was pretty impressive as James Brown.

But he IS the Black Panther. Very tough act to follow.

Reactions: RUnTeX
The standard is 50 unless you have family history. Then it’s 5 or 10 yrs from your family members age. Get tested. I was scheduled to have one until COVID. Will get it back on the calendar shortly.

He was really good in “42” which was a great family movie for us.

He also was pretty impressive as James Brown.

But he IS the Black Panther. Very tough act to follow.
There is supposed to be a Black Panther sequel, not sure what Disney/Marvel is going to do. The internet is siding with you, they can’t replace him and move forward.

There is supposed to be a Black Panther sequel, not sure what Disney/Marvel is going to do. The internet is siding with you, they can’t replace him and move forward.
One of my men knows everything about the Marvel Universe. I bet he’ll be able to fill me in on what might happen...he’s been right on just about everything else they’ve done.

Last edited:
my Daughter called last night sobbing when she heard the news. Her, my wife and son are big Marvel fans and are all devastated. The news was totally out of left field. Shocking. RIP.

F CANCER

my little brother passed at 32 from colon cancer .... I get my colonoscopy done regularly....side note, Schiano sent a personal note to us when he heard the news. class act all the way. my brother was SID at Wagner for a few years.
Stupid question because its personal but how often you get yours done? I had one last year because of issues that turned up negative. So do old late 40s guys like me should get one every 5 years? Every other year?

my first was when I was 36, and it was every 3 years (due to my brother)....now it's every 5 and I'm 48.

Stupid question because its personal but how often you get yours done? I had one last year because of issues that turned up negative. So do old late 40s guys like me should get one every 5 years? Every other year?

I wanted to let RUinOhio respond first, but if you had “issues” your doctor will be letting you know what is best for you. FWIW, I was annual for a three year period, then every two years for a period, and now every three years. Every situation is unique.

Reactions: tico brown
One of my men knows everything about the Marvel Universe. I bet he’ll be able to fill me in on what might happen...he’s been right on just about everything else they’ve done.
So this guy mentioned he is hearing a recasting option is on the table for Marvel.

I just don't know on that one...

I wanted to let RUinOhio respond first, but if you had “issues” your doctor will be letting you know what is best for you. FWIW, I was annual for a three year period, then every two years for a period, and now every three years. Every situation is unique.
I know. I had mines done in March and nothing was found. Do told me see you in 3 years unless something came up. Like you said, everyone's different. But we all agree that this should be checked at least once. The old rule was start at 50. Was going to say 45 but now i guess 40ish??? since Boseman was 38/39 when he found out he had cancer. But yeah... checkups should be done.

Reactions: Phi_1055
ADVERTISEMENT