ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Champions League

wcfan10

Sophomore
Feb 22, 2010
Well, its all Spanish final with Atl Madrid versus R Madrd on May 28, 2016 in Milan, Italy.

Atl Madrid defeated Bayern Munich 3-2 on aggregate. The second leg was a very interesting match, with Bayern attacking at will, and with Atl Madrid defending at their best, with a very inspired goalie Oblak who had a fantastic game. The game ended with a Bayern win 2-1. Both teams failed their respective penalty opportunity.

R Madrid got by Man City with an own goal by Man City. But R Madrid deserved the win as they were constantly attacking and backing up Man City for most of the match. I was disappointed with Man City's approach. Their strength is attacking and in the semifinals, you have to go to your strength and give it a shot. No excuse for that.

Now its on to the final.

It will be a tight game, with R Madrid attacking more, but Atl Madrid defending and countering at every opportunity. My guess is Atl Madrid 1-0.

A madrid derby redux...the last one was a classic...hope this one will be just as good. Both madrid sides deserved to move on, MC looked extremely disinterested today and BM had a couple of brainfarts at the Calderon and at home that AM jumped all over.

Chance for an all Spain final in the Europa also. Spain is clearly the most dominant league, but I still enjoy watching the premiere league most, especially my Spurs.

Tough draw v Chelsea, nasty game, disappointed, ref let the game get out of control early, lost control and it got real nasty. Expecting Spurs to be minus some players for the last 2 games, might cost us 2nd place. Congrats again the Leicester City, hell of a season, hell of a story.

I was disappointed in Man City's approach to the game. Their counter attack was slow and deliberate - almost seemed like they were content losing 1-0 rather than 3-0. Man City will need to make some roster changes. Team has gotten old down the middle. I'm afraid Yaya will never be a world class player again and Kompany is always injured (even though I like him very much as a player when he is in form). They really missed Silva's playmaking also. They have great scoring options in Aguero and de Bruyne but they need better service. Navas and Sterling also don't add too much - Sterling made big mistake leaving Liverpool IMO.

I was disappointed in Man City's approach to the game. Their counter attack was slow and deliberate - almost seemed like they were content losing 1-0 rather than 3-0. Man City will need to make some roster changes. Team has gotten old down the middle. I'm afraid Yaya will never be a world class player again and Kompany is always injured (even though I like him very much as a player when he is in form). They really missed Silva's playmaking also. They have great scoring options in Aguero and de Bruyne but they need better service. Navas and Sterling also don't add too much - Sterling made big mistake leaving Liverpool IMO.

index.php

Chance for an all Spain final in the Europa also. Spain is clearly the most dominant league, but I still enjoy watching the premiere league most, especially my Spurs.

Tough draw v Chelsea, nasty game, disappointed, ref let the game get out of control early, lost control and it got real nasty. Expecting Spurs to be minus some players for the last 2 games, might cost us 2nd place. Congrats again the Leicester City, hell of a season, hell of a story.

From top to bottom, I think the Premier League is stronger. Spain clearly has the best 3 teams, but after that there is a big drop off.

Reactions: RUsojo
From top to bottom, I think the Premier League is stronger. Spain clearly has the best 3 teams, but after that there is a big drop off.

I am a bigtime Premier league fan, but this year Spain is more than 3 teams. Villareal, Sevilla, Atletico Bilboa, etc. The top 3 teams in Spain are way up there, but the next 3 or 4 are also very good teams and this year it is showing in both Europe competitions.

2 of the finalists in the Champions, with the best team out of it. 3 of four finalists in the Europa.

But I still rather watch the Premier League and my Spurs. Can't wait to finally see them in the UCL again next season. The Premier will pick up even more with all the money coming in for next season.

Reactions: rutger80
Glad to chat with a fellow Spurs fan. Very much looking forward to next year already. My buddy and I are throwing around the idea of a soccer trip next year. Would love to swing a midweek CL game followed by a PL weekender. We'll see.

Hala Madrid!

Hate watching Atletico play and el Cholo is a head case albeit a genius one.

Real Madrid 2-0

Reactions: NotInRHouse
Real has proven that the loss to Atleti earlier in the city was an aberration. We lost to Barca and then shamed them in their own stadium (really should have been 3-1 if not for that ridiculous call). Real is headed for another Champions. Hala Madrid!

Might be playing UCL games in Wembley Stadium
Glad to chat with a fellow Spurs fan. Very much looking forward to next year already. My buddy and I are throwing around the idea of a soccer trip next year. Would love to swing a midweek CL game followed by a PL weekender. We'll see.

Talk about possibly Spurs playing UCL games in Wembley Stadium while construction of new stadium at White Hart Lane gets going. 17-18 in Wembley for league games sounds close too.

It is on a Saturday, 5/28, so you might not need to, but why wouldn't you if you had to? If it's anything like the 2014 classic, it'll be an amazing game...

I work most Saturdays and I have little desire to watch an all-Madrid final no matter how good the game. If I'm not working and it's on, great, just not going out of my way to watch this one.

Might be playing UCL games in Wembley Stadium

Talk about possibly Spurs playing UCL games in Wembley Stadium while construction of new stadium at White Hart Lane gets going. 17-18 in Wembley for league games sounds close too.

Spurs almost definitely in Wembley for CL. Also, just announced today that construction for new stadium is going to take out 4000 seats from Paxton...they're doing extra camera work on Sunday to get the last pictures at WHL with full stands intact.

So glad I finally got there this year to see The Lane in its full glory!

Agree on Sterling. I never understood all the hype about him. Yes, he is very fast player but his skills set is limited in my opinion. Yes he is still young and he can improve. I just do not see him as a top 20 player in the premier league.

I work most Saturdays and I have little desire to watch an all-Madrid final no matter how good the game. If I'm not working and it's on, great, just not going out of my way to watch this one.

Your loss. They are league rivals and they don't like each other. If the game resembles their final years ago, it will be great and entertaining final.

This could've been Kelechi Iaenacho's breakout year. He has done well when he was on the field this year. But for some reason he was buried behind Bony, who did absolutely NOTHING since replacing Dzeko. Hopefully Pep keeps him around and do well.

Your loss. They are league rivals and they don't like each other. If the game resembles their final years ago, it will be great and entertaining final.

Agree. The 2014 final was epic. Sergio Ramos ties the game in added time, then Real scores 3 goals in overtime.

I'm well aware that they're "league rivals" and "don't like each other," lol, thanks!

ADVERTISEMENT