ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Changing flights

jaydogsmooth1

Senior
Jul 28, 2021
In Atlanta after a 5 am early bird flight from Tallahassee watching another Florida State loss.

Heading to Philly, see there’s an earlier flight out. Go to delta counter, ask to change to that flight as there’s available seats, lady says I’m not eligible bc my ticket is basic economy.

Ask how much to change, says price of regular 1 way ticket $500, then ask what if I was eligible and it would have been $75.

Confused as I flew out of Austin on Wednesday via United, exact same thing happened and they switched me on the spot, no charge.

Im not platinum w United, so not sure if it’s a Delta thing? Also, Being extremely hungover isn’t helping matters

I’m a Delta flyer, you can’t make any changes to basic economy seats. Pretty sure it’s all over their website.

In Atlanta after a 5 am early bird flight from Tallahassee watching another Florida State loss.

Heading to Philly, see there’s an earlier flight out. Go to delta counter, ask to change to that flight as there’s available seats, lady says I’m not eligible bc my ticket is basic economy.

Ask how much to change, says price of regular 1 way ticket $500, then ask what if I was eligible and it would have been $75.

Confused as I flew out of Austin on Wednesday via United, exact same thing happened and they switched me on the spot, no charge.

Im not platinum w United, so not sure if it’s a Delta thing? Also, Being extremely hungover isn’t helping matters
I can’t help you. But I laughed at your last line . We all have been there , hang in there !

Less of a Delta thing than a United thing. United did away with change fees, so that's why you got away with that one. Pretty much all the other airlines are going to be a case-by-case scenario, and yes, Delta will charge you, as their website states.

Moral of the story, dont fly basic economy. Don't fly budget airlines (SW, Spirit, Frontier, Allegiant).

Yep agree lesson learned.

Flying into Tallahassee is never direct and always expensive, but it might be worth spending the extra $ / using extra miles to not be stuck (and hungover) in Atlanta for 3 hours

Reactions: rutgersfan1766
As much as I like Delta, they suck when it comes to changes. I mostly fly United due to Newark being the hub but they are much easier to deal with. And that is saying a lot since they suck. I do have to say they were great on all my International flights.

Reactions: Luvscarletknights
Only post this if you were flying back from Ann Arbor.
I debated going but after a year of no live football due to Covid, for my own sanity and well being I needed to head back to Tally multiple times this year

Now that I’ve been there twice with two more trips looming, I’m questioning my aforementioned sanity and well being

I debated going but after a year of no live football due to Covid, for my own sanity and well being I needed to head back to Tally multiple times this year

Now that I’ve been there twice with two more trips looming, I’m questioning my aforementioned sanity and well being
You still think Norvell is on firm footing at FSU? Looking at 0-5 if they don’t beat Sarah at home this week, followed by away at UNC.

You still think Norvell is on firm footing at FSU? Looking at 0-5 if they don’t beat Sarah at home this week, followed by away at UNC.
Boosters are getting edgy, but he’s not going anywhere.

They’re not paying 3 coaches, and the thought of turning into Tennessee / Nebraska w the coaching carousel is frightening.

Fuller’s seat is red hot. Buyout already being discussed, Shannon would take the reigns temporally w the hope of bringing in Muschamp (1.2/1.3 mil year) after this year the prevailing thought.

D got torched first half, 2nd half shut them down. Rumor has it Shannon was a large part of the 2nd half adjustments

Not being able to pick my seat is a deal breaker. Exclusive aisle guy.

Also SW doesn't fly from EWR. Love United. Always reliable and they'll take you anywhere you want to go.

Yeah well EWR is the United hub so your preferred airport will have a lot to do with the service you get.

Wait wut? Reliability is not their strong suit from my experience. The former Continental used to be a bit better on that front, but I always thought their seats sucked compared to their domestic peers.

Never had issue with United and their customer service has been helpful too. Love it.

ADVERTISEMENT