ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Christmas Movie Time Of Year

AreYouNUTS

Legend
Gold Member
Aug 1, 2001
harry%2Bellis.jpg

I think an underrated Christmas movie is surviving Christmas with affleck and gandolfini. Most people hate it though.

Watching 4 Christmases as I type this, w Vince Vaughn and Reese Witherspoon. Funny in spots. I like both actors. Jon Favreau plays his roided brother.

Some other favs:
Bad Santa (first one)
Polar Express
Love Actually

Reactions: gef21
It took my some time to notice that this is the same actor who played the leader of the college kids in Breaking Away.

Jackie Earle Haley has had quite the career. Dennis Quaid also in Breaking Away, as was Daniel Stern (Home Alone). Terrific movie made almost entirely on the campus of U of Indiana.

The old Christmas Carol movie with Reginald Owen as Scrooge.
Great supporting cast with Gene & Kahtleen Lockhart as Mr. & Mrs. Cratchit (June Lockhart's parents), Anne Rutherford as the Ghost of Christmas Past and Leo G. Carroll as Marley.
After almost 80 years still a classic.

MV5BMzkwOTg5OTQ1MV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwODA0MzI5._V1_UX182_CR0,0,182,268_AL_.jpg

We have watched Polar Express every year, since 2004, after Xmas brunch with mom in law. She will be 100 next month. Tom Hanks does the voice of the conductor, father, hobo, scrooge and Santa Claus. I just found it..... still in the DVD player! Happy Holidays and good health to all.

I think you mean "Yukon" Cornelius.
Haha I knew that didn't look right, it's Yukon. Little known fact, he actually wasn't licking his pick to taste for silver or gold. He was actually searching for peppermint. There's a deleted scene where he tosses the pick, picks it up, licks it and exclaims "peppermint! It's what I've been searching for my entire life! I found the peppermint mine!!!". The special hasn't aired with that scene included since the 60s which is why most people assume that ol' Yukon has the ability to taste for gold or silver (or "silver and gold, silver and gold").

Reactions: CapeKnight
Emmet Otter's Jug Band Christmas was resurrected last year as part of ABC Family's 25 Days of Christmas. It had been so long since it last aired, I had begun to think I hadn't actually watched it as a kid back in the 80's on HBO. But it did exist.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT