ADVERTISEMENT

OT:Classic tunes vs. The Haskell on Sunday

FELONIOUSMONK

Heisman Winner
Apr 1, 2012
What to do? See John Kaye and what's left of Steppenwolf before he dies and Foghat the band that grew out of Savoy Brown at the Readington balloon fest or go lose,errrr, I mean win some loot at Monmouth on Sunday...? A dilemma wrapped in a conundrum ...

Foghat used to be my favorite band but times and my tastes have changed quite a bit since the 70's

Dutch Of course they have. Are you listening to Electronica or hip hop exclusively now? The idea is for one day to be 20 again instead of. A lot more..

Not a fan of Electronica or hip hop. I like some of the newer artists that have an old sound (like Nathaniel Rateliffe and the Night Sweats and Shovels and Rope). Still like classic rock, but a little more mellow than Foghat.

Last edited:
Well if mellow is your game Steppenwolf won't work for you either.I guess.... Maybe Saturday night? KC and The Sunshine Band? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::sunglasses: Take care

Weather looks dicey for the next three days but we only have a few summer weekends left so I will prolly do the music , go up in a balloon and hope my heart doesn't seize or get hit by lightening.. My last wish? GoRU...:pray:

if you have not been there before the balloon fest is a great day but be real early. its a traffic nightmare.Also if this heat continuees there is only one tent to try to get out of the sun.

Mike Who do you like? Exaggerator Nyquist or a true moneymaker?
It's a 6-horse field. With such a short field, it's difficult to get a significant return unless you wager a good sum of moolah. Although it's a short field, it's a competitive field, which makes the race quite intriguing. If you put a gun to my head, I'd say it's going to be a battle at the wire between Nyquist and Exaggerator, but Gun Runner and American Freedom can make things interesting. American Freedom is a Bob Baffert horse so it's hard to dismiss him, considering Baffert's success rate in the Haskell.

John Kaye is an a-hole. Will never forget this idiot playing at the PNC - ahead of the Doors (about 15 years ago) - refusing to shorten his setlist - and thus the Doors - who were headlining the show - had to play an abbreviated setlist. I heard Kaye yell "I don't get off the stage for bleepin anyone. This from a 2 hit wonder.

Reactions: AshSaturday
ADVERTISEMENT