ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Cliff Omoruyi Commits to RU Men's Basketball

Knight Shift

Legend
May 19, 2011
Jersey Shore
Yes, this is the football board, but this is huge. Please don't move this thread. There are threads upon threads about coronavirus and other OT. This is huge for RU athletics as a whole. Football recruits attend basketball games. The environment at the RAC this year shows all athletics recruits, particularly football, that we have a fanbase that shows up and creates a great game day atmosphere.

This is something huge to celebrate. RU football is on an upward trajectory. Men's and Women's basketball are on an upward trajectory. So are other sports. These are great times for RU sports. A bright spot in today's world.

Edit- Our football coaches are taking notice:

https://www.app.com/story/sports/co...r-roselle-catholic-center-commits/2917079001/

Omoruyi is the first consensus top-50 high school prospect to commit to Rutgers since New York City forward Kadeem Jack in 2010 and the first from New Jersey since St. Anthony High School star Mike Rosario in 2007. The 6-foot-10, 230-pound center is rated four stars and ranked as the No. 41 prospect in the Class of 2020 by 247Sports and No. 36 by Rivals.

Last edited:
Can the recruiting news get better for basketball and football? Huge get, will help Myles Johnson get some rest on the bench now that Shaq Carter is gone.
Only thing that can stop us is the end of the world.

Yes, this is the football board, but this is huge. Please don't move this thread. There are threads upon threads about coronavirus and other OT. This is huge for RU athletics as a whole. Football recruits attend basketball games. The environment at the RAC this year shows all athletics recruits, particularly football, that we have a fanbase that shows up and creates a great game day atmosphere.

This is something huge to celebrate. RU football is on an upward trajectory. Men's and Women's basketball are on an upward trajectory. So are other sports. These are great times for RU sports. A bright spot in today's world.

Edit- Our football coaches are taking notice:

https://www.app.com/story/sports/co...r-roselle-catholic-center-commits/2917079001/

Omoruyi is the first consensus top-50 high school prospect to commit to Rutgers since New York City forward Kadeem Jack in 2010 and the first from New Jersey since St. Anthony High School star Mike Rosario in 2007. The 6-foot-10, 230-pound center is rated four stars and ranked as the No. 41 prospect in the Class of 2020 by 247Sports and No. 36 by Rivals.
What the **** you guys have known this for 4 hours now? I just logged in cause they said 4pm... Man I gotta get up earlier.

Reactions: Knight Shift
What the **** you guys have known this for 4 hours now? I just logged in cause they said 4pm... Man I gotta get up earlier.

The time was changed to Noon at some point yesterday evening. The news actually broke sometime around 11:30AM.

ADVERTISEMENT