ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Coaching Carousel 2019

rutgersguy1

Hall of Famer
Dec 17, 2008
With the regular season ending the carousel should heat up soon. Of course our position looks to be filled now. How about the rest of the landscape.

Taggart/Morris out at FSU/Arkansas

Odom out at Mizzou

Helton next?

Vandy/South Carolina came out in support of Muschamp/Mason in the last few weeks

Dantonio going to stick around and actually revamp the staff?

What other schools may be taking a ride on the carousel this year?

Not much news yet.

Arizona has come out and said Sumlin is returning for year 3.

UTSA has fired Frank Wilson

Pat Fitzgerald has fired his OC Mick McCall

I don’t expect him to go, but has any news or vote of confidence come out of Ann Arbor about Harbaugh?

Not much news yet.

Arizona has come out and said Sumlin is returning for year 3.

UTSA has fired Frank Wilson

Pat Fitzgerald has fired his OC Mick McCall
Arizona basically came out and said we are too poor and our boosters suck so we are keeping our coach.

With the regular season ending the carousel should heat up soon. Of course our position looks to be filled now. How about the rest of the landscape.

Taggart/Morris out at FSU/Arkansas

Odom out at Mizzou

Helton next?

Vandy/South Carolina came out in support of Muschamp/Mason in the last few weeks

Dantonio going to stick around and actually revamp the staff?

What other schools may be taking a ride on the carousel this year?
The most important thing occurred here. Instead of getting "Jay Wright" because our school is always late to the party, they prevented another debacle, by getting it done this time, because of EVERYONE involved including many of you here. Kudos!

Arizona basically came out and said we are too poor and our boosters suck so we are keeping our coach.
I know he hasn't done well but it is only year 2 despite the appearance lately of more unicorns (Morris/Taggart). Not saying he'll turn it around or not but year 2 firings are still rare.

Reactions: biker7766 and vkj91
Dantonio needs a shakeup like this.

Also man I'm getting old...Tommy Rees has been a coach for awhile already.

Well here's on that's been expected but hadn't happened yet. Graham Harrell anyone? :Wink:

Last edited:
So Ash, Strong, Addazio have all been fired....when does UM get some of his old band back together? :Wink:

Going to be some assistant dog fights and big salary bumps lol. Harrell in play like what I was thinking or LSU deep pockets vs Texas deep pockets lol.

Texas native Chad Morris out there too.

Last edited:
Matt Luke survives longer than he was supposed to. He was purely a holdover until
They learned of their sanctions. Nobody was taking that job at that time. They will open their wallets big time

Matt Luke survives longer than he was supposed to. He was purely a holdover until
They learned of their sanctions. Nobody was taking that job at that time. They will open their wallets big time
Who do you think they'll go after that will be worth it and will come? I was thinking another Hugh Freeze mid major type hire....maybe Billy Napier or Bill Clark somebody along those lines.

Just saw an article from Feldman and he thinks if FSU passes on Norvell Ole Miss could pounce on him. I could see that...but if not him then like I was saying he mentioned Billy Napier and Eli Drinkwitz, another name that crossed my mind.

From the coordinator level he thought Will Hall the Tulane OC, which is an up and coming name I liked as P5 OC don't know about P5 HC though....seems like a big leap....might as well hire Fritz and get Hall along for the ride. Clemson's co-OC Jeff Scott also mentioned.

Footballscoop on Joe Brady...like I said they'll "Aranda" him if need be and while Texas can match why leave if he's happy where he is.

From the article:

With regards to the dollars, early this season the whisper was LSU was going to pay him in the $1 million a year range. Late this season, the whisper was the number was likely to be closer to $1.5 million. Today, sources tell FootballScoop the commitment from LSU is stronger than that.

https://footballscoop.com/news/update-on-joe-brady/

Also from footballscoop on Texas and says what I mentioned about Harrell being a good possibility regardless of whether Helton is fired or not.

From the article:

On that point, Chris Ash is the favorite to take over as defensive coordinator. Ash and Herman worked together on Ohio State’s national championship staff in 2014, and he popped in to observe the Texas staff after his firing from Rutgers in September.

As for Harrell, the Ennis, Texas, native has had a successful first year at USC, primarily in helping true freshman, third-string quarterback Kedon Slovis play like anything other than a true freshman, third-string quarterback following JT Daniels’ injury in September. Sources told FootballScoop the former Texas Tech quarterback would be interested in returning to the motherland independent of whether or not Clay Helton is retained in 2020.

https://footballscoop.com/news/tom-herman-makes-major-changes-at-texas/

Herman shouldn’t even hire an OC. He needs to call the plays. I’d say hire a young recruiter but it’s texas. They don’t need recruiters.

Reactions: cicero grimes
Not particularly a good way to have your coach find out. BTW buyout for Luke and staff reported to be 17M....looks like they're competing with FSU for more than Norvell lol. :Laughing

Reactions: Wolv RU
Not particularly a good way to have your coach find out. BTW buyout for Luke and staff reported to be 17M....looks like they're competing with FSU for more than Norvell lol. :Laughing

That’s RU like. Firing flood while in a helicopter. You played Thursday, why wait until today. Makes me think they had back room talks

ADVERTISEMENT