ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Coaching Carousel 2019

Seen a Blake Anderson and some others tied with Mizzou wonder if Harsin might be interested in that job.

Not sure this is correct info as I was reminded 4 year contract is max in Mississippi.

Last edited:
Here's a surprise for the Arkansas job. I follow coaches to a degree but have no clue who he is...too many payouts between Bielema/Morris having them dig deep down the barrel? Don't know. UGA OL coach Sam Pittman leading candidate.

Reactions: vkj91
I think Drinkwitz is a solid name.....yea he took over a good Satterfield team but Drinkwitz is a good offensive coach. It'll be interesting to see how does on the step up if he gets it.

Here's a surprise for the Arkansas job. I follow coaches to a degree but have no clue who he is...too many payouts between Bielema/Morris having them dig deep down the barrel? Don't know. UGA OL coach Sam Pittman leading candidate.

being reported
Arkansas hired Georgia offensive line coach Sam Pittman
Sam Pittman | Arkansas Razorbacks
Sam Pittman returns to The Hill as the 34th head coach in Razorback history after four seasons on staff at Georgia, including this last season when he served as the Associate Head Coach and offensive line coach for the Bulldogs. Georgia was just the most recent stop of Pittman’s career that has spanned the high school, junior college and collegiate levels. The Oklahoma native has coached at seven different Power 5 schools during his 32 years of coaching, including Oklahoma, Missouri, Kansas, North Carolina and Tennessee. W

https://arkansasrazorbacks.com/coache/sam-pittman/

being reported
Arkansas hired Georgia offensive line coach Sam Pittman
Sam Pittman | Arkansas Razorbacks
Sam Pittman returns to The Hill as the 34th head coach in Razorback history after four seasons on staff at Georgia, including this last season when he served as the Associate Head Coach and offensive line coach for the Bulldogs. Georgia was just the most recent stop of Pittman’s career that has spanned the high school, junior college and collegiate levels. The Oklahoma native has coached at seven different Power 5 schools during his 32 years of coaching, including Oklahoma, Missouri, Kansas, North Carolina and Tennessee. W

https://arkansasrazorbacks.com/coache/sam-pittman/
Yup that’s official...not a fan of that hire and not because it’s not a big name or a name I haven’t heard of but because I’d worry his offense might resemble UGA or Bielema’s at Arkansas.

No different than what I advocate for us... imitating either of those two isn’t the best route for Arkansas IMO. Hopefully for their sake he’s smarter than that and sees what Orgeron has done at LSU.

Yup that’s official...not a fan of that hire and not because it’s not a big name or a name I haven’t heard of but because I’d worry his offense might resemble UGA or Bielema’s at Arkansas.

No different than what I advocate for us... imitating either of those two isn’t the best route for Arkansas IMO. Hopefully for their sake he’s smarter than that and sees what Orgeron has done at LSU.

I tend to wonder when seeing someone with the years he has in the game, never been a HC or an OC .
Seems he's highly respected, guess he's worked long enough as an assistant under some good HCs that he knows how to get the job done.

Reactions: Knight Shift
Must be something in the water in Boone lol....seems like a lot of App State coaches like to stay there or at least the ones that came up there...like mentioned in another thread qol.

And finally one of the Clemson coordinators leaves. Jeff Scott one of their co-OCs is being hired by USF. Try and follow the path of UCF and hire strong offensive coaches like Frost/Heupel and see where it may lead.

Butch Jones in the running at Colorado State.

Norvell also reuniting with his former staffer at Memphis...will be his OC at FSU.

Looks like Scott got a 5 year deal from USF will coach Clemson through playoffs. Also looks like Colorado State zeroing in on Butch Jones. Norvell also kept their interim coach similar to NC here.

Looks like Kevin Wilson may have entered the picture at Colorado State....actually like that name better than Butch Jones. Former CSU HC Mike Bobo officially hired at South Carolina as OC for 2 years at 1M per season. Cal's OC and former EWU HC Beau Baldwin also moving on.

Last edited:
want to thank you for the info you share
[cheers]
No problem you're welcome...it's fun for me.....most everyone here goes gaga for recruiting news I go gaga over coaching news lol.

And here's another bit of news the 2 former high school coaches turned college offensive gurus are united. Morris is joining Malzahn at Auburn as OC. I was wondering if he might not go back to Clemson after Scott leaving to USF and Elliott always being mentioned too.

Reactions: MADHAT1
Some other coaching news...just like the Heisman I'm sure Brady ran away with the Broyles award too. Also a comment on Hafley....again good reviews on his personality and presence.

Reactions: MADHAT1
Jeff Scott's deal is 5 years 12.5M

Details surrounding new USF coach Jeff Scott’s contract have emerged.

Scott is set to make $12.5 million over five years, according to the Tampa Bay Times. That salary includes a $500,000 signing bonus and a base salary of $500,000 plus $1.3 million structured for the first year, according to the outlet.

Scott’s deal also includes a buyout starting at $2.5 million if he leaves before Dec. 31, 2020, and scaled down from there, the Times reported.

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/college/state-college-sports/article238242409.html

I've mentioned Arroyo and now Aranda being in contention for the UNLV job...now I see Matt Canada's name has finally emerged somewhere he too is a candidate for UNLV. Aranda also in the mix at Colorado State didn't realize that.

So you got Butch Jones/Kevin Wilson/Dave Aranda in the mix for CSU and Dave Aranda/Marcus Arroyo/Matt Canada in the mix for UNLV.

Per footballscoop looks like Drinkwitz has given himself a full plate at Mizzou. I knew he called the plays at App State and figured he would at Mizzou too didn't realize he handled STs as well.

Missouri: At his presser, Eli Drinkwitz notes that he will serve as offensive coordinator and play caller, and that he will also have a special teams coordinator that exclusively coordinates the special teams units.

Eli Drinkwitz earned $750k/year at App State. His Mizzou contract is a six-year deal with $4 million annually. Incentives include a $100,000 bonus for playing for the Southeastern Conference championship and $150,000 for winning, as well as a $300,000 bonus for playing for a national championship and $500,000 bonus for winning. He would get a $250,000 bonus for participating in the College Football Playoffs semifinals.

App State FB has done well over the last decade. School is growing, due in part by student interest in that FB success, not to ignore the terrific setting of Boone.

Still, clearly, alum will need to step up with $$$ to keep coaching talent in place, moving forward. $750k/year salarly won't cut it.

As noted by someone above, Hafley not likely to BC. He will likely stay at tOSU, and his stock will rise and get a much better job than BC:
https://247sports.com/college/ohio-state/Article/Ohio-State-Buckeyes-podcast-140288862/

I don't blame him, BC is not a good job unless you can get a HUGE recruiting budget since they are so few FBS level players from New England. You just hope that a extremely religious player doesn't get offered from UND, so they can fall on your lap.

I don't blame him, BC is not a good job unless you can get a HUGE recruiting budget since they are so few FBS level players from New England. You just hope that a extremely religious player doesn't get offered from UND, so they can fall on your lap.
Yeah, you see what the App State guy was able to get at Missouri, so I can see Hafley waiting a little while longer.

ADVERTISEMENT