ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Coaching Carousel 2019

I knew that would get your attention!
Actually, I had Leach on the brain, and fixed it.
Not sure Hoke is a great hire. Wonder who will pick up Rocky Long as a DC.
Not a fan of Hoke but he has been HC there before and did okay. Long went to Syracuse to meet with Babers and that's when all this stuff started to come out. Don't know who else he has talked with besides that.

Also Oregon candidates for OC I've seen mentioned are Will Hall from Tulane, Joe Moorhead, Jedd Fisch, Jorge Munoz from LSU.

Reactions: Knight Shift
WSU will make 10 changes in the P5. Usually low double digits is the low end and this year at the outset was shaping up to be quite a bit lower but then often late or unexpected moves get made and the number goes up and here we are at 10.

Since some are interested in what Hafley’s doing while it’s not really carousel related subject figures I’d post it. Footballscoop reporting Gundy, Hafley, Mason, Patterson will be doing the coaches film room during the champ game like they’ve done for past champ games.

Also a tangent to the carousel....nice article on Joe Brady and his prospects as HC in the field viewed by. ADs and agents. Echoes some things I always mention about coaches regarding consistency changing faces but results staying the same etc....

https://www.si.com/.amp/college/202...ollege-football-nfl?__twitter_impression=true

Names I've seen mentioned for the WSU job include former WSU coaches Graham Harrell, Alex Grinch and the DL coach at Oregon Joe Salave'a who used to be AHC/DL at WSU and also Jim Mora, Jim McElwain, Nick Rolovich, Steve Sarkisian.

One day you’re the bug another day you’re the windshield.

Last edited:
Not sure if this has been said before but I appreciate your work in this thread. Best thread this year
You’re welcome it’s no problem you know I’m big on coaching etc it’s fun for me to see what’s going on out on the landscape and inform the “greater board conscious” if they have interest.

Reactions: R U Crazy
Give the guy some likes. He's doing yeoman's work here.
Thanks but it’s no biggie. Could take away all my likes and I don’t care lol. I usually use it as a form of I agree with that or most of that or just as thanks if someone answers a question I may have asked etc

Also wouldn’t even call it yeoman’s work ...just visit a few twitter pages and a couple other places see the news and copy paste lol. This is just this joe nobody idiot’s fun haha. Thanks for the support though. :)

400K and 7th highest paid coach on the LSU staff...nice bargain. I'm guessing he'll be 2nd to Aranda after this year. Also the intentions thing is typical coach speak...I suppose it depends on how serious the NFL OC offer is with regards to whether he'd entertain it.

400K and 7th highest paid coach on the LSU staff...nice bargain. I'm guessing he'll be 2nd to Aranda after this year. Also the intentions thing is typical coach speak...I suppose it depends on how serious the NFL OC offer is with regards to whether he'd entertain it.

Well here you go more than doubled his salary but still leaves open possibility for jump to the NFL.

Didn't realize Dino was looking for an OC too, I thought just the DC. I thought Gilbert left USF/Strong (also was with him at Texas in his final year) for a low level HC opportunity but I guess P5 OC opportunity brought him back.

Interesting and amusing take on potential Mike Leach replacements:
https://www.cougcenter.com/2020/1/1...e-cougars-football-hire-to-replace-mike-leach
I like Grinch myself just like I did for us...with him less worry about the defense and he's got so many connections on offense that hopefully that wouldn't be a problem. Maybe he'd bring a Bedenbaugh as OC who I mention all the time. Harrell would be my other choice. Rolovich could be good too. Who knows though would will end being good.

Harsin I don't think would come.

I like Grinch myself just like I did for us...with him less worry about the defense and he's got so many connections on offense that hopefully that wouldn't be a problem. Maybe he'd bring a Bedenbaugh as OC who I mention all the time. Harrell would be my other choice. Rolovich could be good too. Who knows though would will end being good.

Harsin I don't think would come.
Well looks like Grinch declined the opportunity to interview. Harrell was supposedly in the mix for UNLV so I'd think he'd be open to WSU.

Wonder if Hawaii will look at Aranda since he’s coached there before and if Aranda would be interested. I tend to think Aranda would stay put but he was linked with UNLV.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT