ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Construction attorney

anvilofstars

All Conference
Aug 31, 2007
I apologize for the OT post, but figured I could use the advice of this community.

I am looking for an attorney we could talk to about an issue I am having with permits and construction related to a restaurant/retail business we are looking to open. We are waiting for approval after many days (>80 business days).

Would greatly appreciate any good recommendations folks may have here. This would be for Monmouth county if it matters.

I apologize for the OT post, but figured I could use the advice of this community.

I am looking for an attorney we could talk to about an issue I am having with permits and construction related to a restaurant/retail business we are looking to open. We are waiting for approval after many days (>80 business days).

Would greatly appreciate any good recommendations folks may have here. This would be for Monmouth county if it matters.
It matters. It matters so much it might even be town specific

The town should have given you a response long ago. Need full story

The town should have given you a response long ago. Need full story
The above posters are correct. Issues are usually town specific. Could be you are doing something wrong procedurally, but I doubt it. In my experience long delays are due to with whom you will be competing in said community or you are being slow walked to maximise billing hours (from your escrow account) for professionals appointed to the various entities you are dealing with.
As far as representation, I would find the folks who are familiar with and have had past success in the town in question. They won't be hard to find and have probably been suggested to you by "helpful" people in the process. I think you get what I'm saying without saying it.

Reactions: tom1944
You may need an expediter as opposed to an attorney. I am guessing there are 1 or 2 who know how to worki things in your town
This . Find some local engineer that does business there often. Shouldn’t be hard to do : look at old agendas of planning boards etc and see who did the plans

ADVERTISEMENT