ADVERTISEMENT

OT: SOCCER DH (and...Cost of CHIPS at Yurcak Field?)??!!!!

AreYouNUTS

Legend
Gold Member
Aug 1, 2001
You guys have probably never once seen me complain about the price of anything, here, however...

....R U freaking joking? $3 for the tiny (.75oz) bag? Got to be the biggest profit margin in the history of chips. Holy frak!!!!

:eyes:

That being said the ladies beat Saint Joe's 1-0in the opener of tonight's doubleheader!!! Guys up next vs #7 Creighton.

Last edited:
You guys have probably never once seen me complain about the price of anything, here, however...

....R U freaking joking? $3 for the tiny (.75oz) bag? Got to be the biggest profit margin in the history of chips. Holy frak!!!!

That being said the ladies beat Saint Joe's 1-0in the opener of tonight's doubleheader!!! Guys up next vs #7 Creighton.

Tightass....:smiley:

Reactions: AreYouNUTS
Thought this thread was a complaint about the cost of Ponch and Jon to provide security during the game.
Ponch_and_Jon_with_helmets.jpg

Reactions: MJL_52 and RUPete
0-0 at half. Awful officiating. Wright was yanked to the ground in the box with the ball on the way and no call. This was after several very questionable calls the other way.

That being said we're lost inside the 18 and look out of shape compared to Creighton. Left side is a problem for us moving the ball right now. Outshot 10-1, corners 6-3.

I just left there. had the chips. wondered about the bag. but hey if you go to the next home game feel free to message me if you wish

Still 0-0 35 to go, they dominated 1st 8 min, but we're starting to move the ball better now.

Don't get me started on PKs. Worst play in all of organized sports. Soccer is the worst for it.

My thoughts:

- Creighton is very good. There's a reason they're ranked 7th despite losing 6 starters.

- Danny isn't going to be happy with our lack of hustle tonight. Not at all. I've known and played against him - multiple sports - since we were kids, and HUSTLE is a priority for him. It's very obvious that a couple guys, especially one on the left side whose name I won't mention, have ZERO desire to get back and play D.

- # 37 (Peterson): night and day going from left side of field to right late in 1st half. Keep him over there DD.

- worst officiating I've ever seen at this level, HOWEVER, it didn't cost us the match. Affected it, no doubt, but we'd still lose by a goal regardless .

- other than 1 mistake our keeper is a stud. Credited with 8 saves but it seemed to me like a lot more of those 22 shots were right at Greczek.

- Kyle Goodwyn COULD be the guy who gets this team going. IMHO he's got the skills that SHOULD allow the double and triple-teams, on Wright, to be shut down. He nailed one from about 30-yards out last night that went over the keeper's head and scraped off the top off the crossbar IIRC. Beautiful shot. Also had a couple of very nice crosses including the one to Hackett which he just missed putting into the net.

- they had 5 guys back the second we got a ball inside the 18. Every single time. Our guys had literally no chance to square and get off shots with room. People were getting upset with Wright, early on, but it wasn't his fault. He simply couldn't move once inside the 18. Loved the hustle by Creighton.

Last edited:
Reactions: RU23
AYN - thanks for all the info on the matches/teams - definitely want to try to get to a match or two this year (made it to 2 women's and one men's last year).

ADVERTISEMENT