ADVERTISEMENT

OT: COVID Science - Pfizer/Moderna vaccines >90% effective; Regeneron antibody cocktail looks very promising in phase II/III trial and more

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Numb3rs, @RU848789 , what are your thoughts on a 70% effective vaccine that could be stored in a frig versus a 95% vaccine that needs extreme cold weather? Would the 70% give us the herd immunity we need? I'm thinking immunization issues in third world countries.

Reactions: Greg2020
Hey Numb3rs, @RU848789 , what are your thoughts on a 70% effective vaccine that could be stored in a frig versus a 95% vaccine that needs extreme cold weather? Would the 70% give us the herd immunity we need? I'm thinking immunization issues in third world countries.
Skillet - the Moderna vaccine is good for a month with just refrigeration and that shouldn't be a huge challenge in 3rd world countries; similarly, the Astra-Zeneca vaccine is stable under refrigeration indefinitely, so my guess is those two will be far more likely to be deployed to countries that don't have cryogenic supply chains or at least large dry ice supply chains. Both of those are >90% effective (I'm assuming AZ goes for the 1/2 dose then full dose regimen and they show that the 90% efficacy holds for the trial at the end), so I think the point of a 70% effective vaccine is moot (not "mute" as my 2nd boss said to me - once, lol) and, in fact, the results to date will likely freeze out any vaccines under about 80% efficacy, unless they have some other major advantage. I don't see no side effects for a vaccine (they'll all likely produce mild/moderate effects since they're torquing one's immune system up) and longevity of immunity simply won't be known, so I'm having trouble even thinking of an advantage other than a single dose, which J&J is looking at, as is Merck.

T - great question and we're fairly closely aligned, although I'm a bit more optimistic. I've said I think we'll start to see the pandemic slow down considerably by the end of February, after the vast majority of health care workers, front line workers and the elderly have been vaccinated, which is probably 10% of the population, which along with the 15-20% infected should slow things down. And then, I think we'll get to a point where the virus is just about beaten by the end of April, as we reach about 40% vaccinated (which should mean over 50-55% immune, which is close to herd immunity).

Might not be full stadiums by the end of April, but I think we'll see entry allowed for people who have proof of vaccination or recovery from infection (I think many companies, businesses, schools and universities will go that route); I see full stadiums and such by mid-June. Maybe the bigger question is whether "immunity passports" will be required and if so by whom.

By the way, for what it's worth, I like the COVID Science thread T2K - you've been bringing a host of interesting and informative posts to the thread. Thanks for that.

Immunity passports or to show proof of vaccination to be able to work, go to school or go to entertainment events are frightening ideas. To force people to get this rushed vaccine is scary to me. The vast majority who get the virus aren't in any danger from the virus. Let the people who want the vaccine get it and then open up the country.

Immunity passports or to show proof of vaccination to be able to work, go to school or go to entertainment events are frightening ideas. To force people to get this rushed vaccine is scary to me. The vast majority who get the virus aren't in any danger from the virus. Let the people who want the vaccine get it and then open up the country.
I agree although private businesses are allowed to set terms of service.
I can see why a cruise line or airline would want it

Nobody should be forced to have an immunity passport if that is proposed. My adult son , in his mid 40’s , working in a NY school system was saying exactly this last night. “ the next thing is Cuomo will be telling us , if you don’t get vaccinated , you can’t work in the school with students”. I told him nothing should surprise anyone in 2020 and it shouldn’t. If people refused to be vaccinated over the years we would be less than a 3rd world country.

Reactions: bac2therac
Our government could/should make it unlawful for these businesses to ask for proof of vaccination.
Proof of vaccination will definitely be required for returning to school (K-12 and college). Attending large events like sports, concerts, or theater most likely will require proof as well. Just going into a regular store, probably not.

Proof of vaccination will definitely be required for returning to school (K-12 and college). Attending large events like sports, concerts, or theater most likely will require proof as well. Just going into a regular store, probably not.
What about those people who have immune issues which could be impacted by a vaccine or cause severe reactions endangering them more than the actual virus. I’m basing this upon age groups and statistics from current info available. I am pro vaccine but there is a point when choice is a consideration. That will create another mess of legal challenges for the courts.

Why not just tattoo a mark on the person’s forehead to designate their immunity pass. You don’t see an issue with this ? I think in the history of the world that type of markings were seen as a big negative. Slaves tatted to show their owners . Yeah a pass to social justice....

Why not just tattoo a mark on the person’s forehead to designate their immunity pass. You don’t see an issue with this ? I think in the history of the world that type of markings were seen as a big negative. Slaves tatted to show their owners . Yeah a pass to social justice....
No worries, Bob. If you are into tinfoil hat theories, there are videos out on the interwebs saying the vaccines will contain nanoparticles for tracking and control of the population.

it would be a terrible precedent

What about those people who have immune issues which could be impacted by a vaccine or cause severe reactions endangering them more than the actual virus. I’m basing this upon age groups and statistics from current info available. I am pro vaccine but there is a point when choice is a consideration. That will create another mess of legal challenges for the courts.
There are usually exceptions to these type of statutes

No worries, Bob. If you are into tinfoil hat theories, there are videos out on the interwebs saying the vaccines will contain nanoparticles for tracking and control of the population.
Did you actually read what I said? I am pro vaccines. I am anti governmental control by force. Our nation was based upon people having Rights and Choice. It’s not about sci -fi injecting tracing particles. Like I said , you being anti my comments, is your choice. Maybe next if we both live long enough you just may see the negative possibilities and why thinking control is what creates 3rd world countries . Ask some of those who lived through the Holocaust and are here today. We have a number in the Senate and Congress who lean towards a place we shouldn’t want to be.

We require all types of vaccines already to attend school

My daughter had to prove she received the meningitis vaccine or she could not live on campus

People still have a choice in taking or not taking vaccines. Unless this is mandated throughout the entire educational systems( and I’m pretty certain it’s not ) then that never holds up in court.

My daughter had to prove she received the meningitis vaccine or she could not live on campus
tom1944 I totally understand that. Most people including my family will when able to get the vaccine. Hopefully the one which has the least side effects and most protection

There are usually exceptions to these type of statutes
Certainly there are exceptions ...of course there are. It gives them a choice. Mandates from either side of a discussion usually does not meet with a great deal of success. Maybe not at first but down the line people pushback and not in a good way.

People still have a choice in taking or not taking vaccines. Unless this is mandated throughout the entire educational systems( and I’m pretty certain it’s not ) then that never holds up in court.
Like I posted there are usually exemptions

A lot of people have recently begun using religious exemptions for example

Like I posted there are usually exemptions

A lot of people have recently begun using religious exemptions for example
Likely no exceptions. No vaccine, no in-person school. Those kids will have to stay remote. Also, no vaccine, no big events (until the virus is essentially ruled to be over).

Reactions: RU848789
Our government could/should make it unlawful for these businesses to ask for proof of vaccination.

To be clear on your POV and logic. Private businesses should not be able to choose to run their businesses as they see fit from a healthy and safety perspective but private individuals should be able to choose whether or not to be vaccinated? Just so I understand.

You mean like Bill Gates who is advocating for an invisible tattoo to prove your vaccinations?

To be clear on your POV and logic. Private businesses should not be able to choose to run their businesses as they see fit from a healthy and safety perspective but private individuals should be able to choose whether or not to be vaccinated? Just so I understand.p

The vaccines that are coming out haven't had any long term studies done on them because they were created with lightning speed. We do not know how they will impact our health in the future. I'm guessing they will be safe. But time will tell.

Do most private businesses have the right to make you prove you have vaccinations for other diseases? I know daycare, medical and other such businesses do. But does Ticket Master, MLB, NFL, NBA etc... do now? I'm not comfortable with the thought of that. What gives these companies the right to make me put something in my body that may be dangerous to my health? Might as well let Bill Gates tattoo us now.

The vaccines that are coming out haven't had any long term studies done on them because they were created with lightning speed. We do not know how they will impact our health in the future. I'm guessing they will be safe. But time will tell.

Do most private businesses have the right to make you prove you have vaccinations for other diseases? I know daycare, medical and other such businesses do. But does Ticket Master, MLB, NFL, NBA etc... do now? I'm not comfortable with the thought of that. What gives these companies the right to make me put something in my body that may be dangerous to my health? Might as well let Bill Gates tattoo us now.
Vaccines will continue to come out at “lightning “ speed due to the new technology (genomics, AI, etc) instead of the older methods. Please stop with the Bill Gates, George Soros type conspiracy theories.

If there is a market for no vaccine events another business will enter the market

We already have vaccine requirements for schools, so not sure why you think it would be different for COVID and workplaces already require drug screening, so there's precedent for requiring employees to follow their orders (they don't need to require vaccines, now, since they're required in schools).

On the other hand, if we could get 60+% of people to voluntarily get the vaccine, which along with 10-20% already having immunity from previous infections, we'd likely achieve herd immunity and snuff this out. I'd be ok with trying that first, although I imagine schools and workplaces (especially those with public-facing roles) might still require vaccines.

Last edited:
My bet since March was that Regeneron's antibody cocktail (mix of two monoclonal antibodies that target two different epitopes on the virus's spike protein) was going to be our best hope for seriously improving patient response to being infected and that seems like what we're seeing with today's additional results from the ongoing phase II/III trial in mild to moderately ill COVID patients (prior to hospitalization, when an antiviral is likely to have the biggest benefit).

Certainly can't say it's a "cure" yet, but it's looking much better than any other drug out there, so far and could be a bridge to vaccines, especially as it's also being looked at as a prophylactic to prevent infection in high risk workers/possible patients. Regeneron has applied with the FDA for an Emergency Use Authorization soon, which I think makes sense. Yeah, I know - no COVID threads, but people ought to know about this. At least leave it up for a day or so. This is really important news given that Eli Lilly announced that they were stopping their trial in hospitalized COVID patients getting their single antibody treatment along with remdesivir, due to lack of efficacy (they also have a cocktail - awaiting results on that).

https://investor.regeneron.com/news...9-outpatient-trial-prospectively-demonstrates

𝗥𝗲𝗴𝗲𝗻𝗲𝗿𝗼𝗻 𝗣𝗵𝗮𝗿𝗺𝗮𝗰𝗲𝘂𝘁𝗶𝗰𝗮𝗹𝘀, 𝗜𝗻𝗰. (𝗡𝗔𝗦𝗗𝗔𝗤: 𝗥𝗘𝗚𝗡) 𝘁𝗼𝗱𝗮𝘆 𝗮𝗻𝗻𝗼𝘂𝗻𝗰𝗲𝗱 𝗽𝗼𝘀𝗶𝘁𝗶𝘃𝗲, 𝗽𝗿𝗼𝘀𝗽𝗲𝗰𝘁𝗶𝘃𝗲 𝗿𝗲𝘀𝘂𝗹𝘁𝘀 𝗳𝗿𝗼𝗺 𝗮𝗻 𝗼𝗻𝗴𝗼𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗣𝗵𝗮𝘀𝗲 𝟮/𝟯 𝘀𝗲𝗮𝗺𝗹𝗲𝘀𝘀 𝘁𝗿𝗶𝗮𝗹 𝗶𝗻 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗖𝗢𝗩𝗜𝗗-𝟭𝟵 𝗼𝘂𝘁𝗽𝗮𝘁𝗶𝗲𝗻𝘁 𝘀𝗲𝘁𝘁𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘀𝗵𝗼𝘄𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗶𝘁𝘀 𝗶𝗻𝘃𝗲𝘀𝘁𝗶𝗴𝗮𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻𝗮𝗹 𝗮𝗻𝘁𝗶𝗯𝗼𝗱𝘆 𝗰𝗼𝗰𝗸𝘁𝗮𝗶𝗹, 𝗥𝗘𝗚𝗡-𝗖𝗢𝗩𝟮, 𝗺𝗲𝘁 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗽𝗿𝗶𝗺𝗮𝗿𝘆 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗸𝗲𝘆 𝘀𝗲𝗰𝗼𝗻𝗱𝗮𝗿𝘆 𝗲𝗻𝗱𝗽𝗼𝗶𝗻𝘁𝘀. 𝗥𝗘𝗚𝗡-𝗖𝗢𝗩𝟮 𝘀𝗶𝗴𝗻𝗶𝗳𝗶𝗰𝗮𝗻𝘁𝗹𝘆 𝗿𝗲𝗱𝘂𝗰𝗲𝗱 𝘃𝗶𝗿𝗮𝗹 𝗹𝗼𝗮𝗱 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗽𝗮𝘁𝗶𝗲𝗻𝘁 𝗺𝗲𝗱𝗶𝗰𝗮𝗹 𝘃𝗶𝘀𝗶𝘁𝘀 (𝗵𝗼𝘀𝗽𝗶𝘁𝗮𝗹𝗶𝘇𝗮𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻𝘀, 𝗲𝗺𝗲𝗿𝗴𝗲𝗻𝗰𝘆 𝗿𝗼𝗼𝗺, 𝘂𝗿𝗴𝗲𝗻𝘁 𝗰𝗮𝗿𝗲 𝘃𝗶𝘀𝗶𝘁𝘀 𝗮𝗻𝗱/𝗼𝗿 𝗽𝗵𝘆𝘀𝗶𝗰𝗶𝗮𝗻 𝗼𝗳𝗳𝗶𝗰𝗲/𝘁𝗲𝗹𝗲𝗺𝗲𝗱𝗶𝗰𝗶𝗻𝗲 𝘃𝗶𝘀𝗶𝘁𝘀).

"𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗳𝗶𝗿𝘀𝘁 𝗷𝗼𝗯 𝗼𝗳 𝗮𝗻 𝗮𝗻𝘁𝗶𝘃𝗶𝗿𝗮𝗹 𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗮𝗽𝗲𝘂𝘁𝗶𝗰 𝗱𝗿𝘂𝗴 𝗶𝘀 𝘁𝗼 𝗹𝗼𝘄𝗲𝗿 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘃𝗶𝗿𝗮𝗹 𝗹𝗼𝗮𝗱, 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗼𝘂𝗿 𝗶𝗻𝗶𝘁𝗶𝗮𝗹 𝗱𝗮𝘁𝗮 𝗶𝗻 𝟮𝟳𝟱 𝗽𝗮𝘁𝗶𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘀 𝘀𝘁𝗿𝗼𝗻𝗴𝗹𝘆 𝘀𝘂𝗴𝗴𝗲𝘀𝘁𝗲𝗱 𝘁𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗥𝗘𝗚𝗡-𝗖𝗢𝗩𝟮 𝗮𝗻𝘁𝗶𝗯𝗼𝗱𝘆 𝗰𝗼𝗰𝗸𝘁𝗮𝗶𝗹 𝗰𝗼𝘂𝗹𝗱 𝗹𝗼𝘄𝗲𝗿 𝘃𝗶𝗿𝗮𝗹 𝗹𝗼𝗮𝗱 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲𝗯𝘆 𝗽𝗼𝘁𝗲𝗻𝘁𝗶𝗮𝗹𝗹𝘆 𝗶𝗺𝗽𝗿𝗼𝘃𝗲 𝗰𝗹𝗶𝗻𝗶𝗰𝗮𝗹 𝗼𝘂𝘁𝗰𝗼𝗺𝗲𝘀. 𝗧𝗼𝗱𝗮𝘆'𝘀 𝗮𝗻𝗮𝗹𝘆𝘀𝗶𝘀, 𝗶𝗻𝘃𝗼𝗹𝘃𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗺𝗼𝗿𝗲 𝘁𝗵𝗮𝗻 𝟱𝟬𝟬 𝗮𝗱𝗱𝗶𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻𝗮𝗹 𝗽𝗮𝘁𝗶𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘀, 𝗽𝗿𝗼𝘀𝗽𝗲𝗰𝘁𝗶𝘃𝗲𝗹𝘆 𝗰𝗼𝗻𝗳𝗶𝗿𝗺𝘀 𝘁𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝗥𝗘𝗚𝗡-𝗖𝗢𝗩𝟮 𝗰𝗮𝗻 𝗶𝗻𝗱𝗲𝗲𝗱 𝘀𝗶𝗴𝗻𝗶𝗳𝗶𝗰𝗮𝗻𝘁𝗹𝘆 𝗿𝗲𝗱𝘂𝗰𝗲 𝘃𝗶𝗿𝗮𝗹 𝗹𝗼𝗮𝗱 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗳𝘂𝗿𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿 𝘀𝗵𝗼𝘄𝘀 𝘁𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝘁𝗵𝗲𝘀𝗲 𝘃𝗶𝗿𝗮𝗹 𝗿𝗲𝗱𝘂𝗰𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻𝘀 𝗮𝗿𝗲 𝗮𝘀𝘀𝗼𝗰𝗶𝗮𝘁𝗲𝗱 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 𝗮 𝘀𝗶𝗴𝗻𝗶𝗳𝗶𝗰𝗮𝗻𝘁 𝗱𝗲𝗰𝗿𝗲𝗮𝘀𝗲 𝗶𝗻 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗻𝗲𝗲𝗱 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝗳𝘂𝗿𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿 𝗺𝗲𝗱𝗶𝗰𝗮𝗹 𝗮𝘁𝘁𝗲𝗻𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻," 𝘀𝗮𝗶𝗱 𝗚𝗲𝗼𝗿𝗴𝗲 𝗗. 𝗬𝗮𝗻𝗰𝗼𝗽𝗼𝘂𝗹𝗼𝘀, 𝗠.𝗗., 𝗣𝗵.𝗗., 𝗣𝗿𝗲𝘀𝗶𝗱𝗲𝗻𝘁 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗖𝗵𝗶𝗲𝗳 𝗦𝗰𝗶𝗲𝗻𝘁𝗶𝗳𝗶𝗰 𝗢𝗳𝗳𝗶𝗰𝗲𝗿 𝗼𝗳 𝗥𝗲𝗴𝗲𝗻𝗲𝗿𝗼𝗻. "𝗪𝗲 𝗰𝗼𝗻𝘁𝗶𝗻𝘂𝗲 𝘁𝗼 𝘀𝗲𝗲 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘀𝘁𝗿𝗼𝗻𝗴𝗲𝘀𝘁 𝗲𝗳𝗳𝗲𝗰𝘁𝘀 𝗶𝗻 𝗽𝗮𝘁𝗶𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘀 𝘄𝗵𝗼 𝗮𝗿𝗲 𝗺𝗼𝘀𝘁 𝗮𝘁 𝗿𝗶𝘀𝗸 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝗽𝗼𝗼𝗿 𝗼𝘂𝘁𝗰𝗼𝗺𝗲𝘀 𝗱𝘂𝗲 𝘁𝗼 𝗵𝗶𝗴𝗵 𝘃𝗶𝗿𝗮𝗹 𝗹𝗼𝗮𝗱, 𝗶𝗻𝗲𝗳𝗳𝗲𝗰𝘁𝗶𝘃𝗲 𝗮𝗻𝘁𝗶𝗯𝗼𝗱𝘆 𝗶𝗺𝗺𝘂𝗻𝗲 𝗿𝗲𝘀𝗽𝗼𝗻𝘀𝗲 𝗮𝘁 𝗯𝗮𝘀𝗲𝗹𝗶𝗻𝗲, 𝗼𝗿 𝗽𝗿𝗲-𝗲𝘅𝗶𝘀𝘁𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗿𝗶𝘀𝗸 𝗳𝗮𝗰𝘁𝗼𝗿𝘀. 𝗥𝗲𝗴𝗲𝗻𝗲𝗿𝗼𝗻 𝗵𝗮𝘀 𝘀𝗵𝗮𝗿𝗲𝗱 𝘁𝗵𝗲𝘀𝗲 𝗿𝗲𝘀𝘂𝗹𝘁𝘀 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗨.𝗦. 𝗙𝗼𝗼𝗱 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗗𝗿𝘂𝗴 𝗔𝗱𝗺𝗶𝗻𝗶𝘀𝘁𝗿𝗮𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻 𝗮𝘀 𝗽𝗮𝗿𝘁 𝗼𝗳 𝗶𝘁𝘀 𝗿𝗲𝘃𝗶𝗲𝘄 𝗼𝗳 𝗼𝘂𝗿 𝗘𝗺𝗲𝗿𝗴𝗲𝗻𝗰𝘆 𝗨𝘀𝗲 𝗔𝘂𝘁𝗵𝗼𝗿𝗶𝘇𝗮𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻 𝘀𝘂𝗯𝗺𝗶𝘀𝘀𝗶𝗼𝗻, 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝘄𝗲 𝗰𝗼𝗻𝘁𝗶𝗻𝘂𝗲 𝘁𝗼 𝗳𝗼𝗰𝘂𝘀 𝗼𝗻 𝗰𝗼𝗺𝗽𝗹𝗲𝘁𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗼𝘂𝗿 𝗼𝗻𝗴𝗼𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘁𝗿𝗶𝗮𝗹𝘀 𝗲𝘃𝗮𝗹𝘂𝗮𝘁𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗥𝗘𝗚𝗡-𝗖𝗢𝗩𝟮 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘁𝗿𝗲𝗮𝘁𝗺𝗲𝗻𝘁 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗽𝗿𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗻𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻 𝗼𝗳 𝗖𝗢𝗩𝗜𝗗-𝟭𝟵."
just got out of the hospital after a 5 day treatment. healthy 58 year old acquired covid on a Florida vacation. no idea where. I had plasma infusion, remdesivir for 5 days, steriods for 10 and now on blood thinner to prevent clotting. at this point I have the antibodies. can’t infect or be infected, so they say. wife also had it, no hospital for her. it was no joke, affects everyone differently . stay safe!

Well we have eradicated a number of diseases that required vaccinations that are no longer an issue. Is there another virus currently spreading uncontrollably around the world and killing people? And as other have cited children are required to have certain vaccines. You also have to vaccinate animals to bring them into social settings.

And stop with the gates nonsense.

We already have vaccine requirements for schools, so not sure why you think it would be different for COVID and workplaces already require drug screening, so there's precedent for requiring employees to follow their orders (they don't need to require vaccines, since they're required in schools).

On the other hand, if we could get 60+% of people to voluntarily get the vaccine, which along with 10-20% already having immunity from previous infections, we'd likely achieve herd immunity and snuff this out. I'd be ok with trying that first, although I imagine schools and workplaces (especially those with public-facing roles) might still require vaccines.

Numbers, will it actually be snuffed out? You can still spread after getting a vaccine, so won’t we be living with this like other?

Numbers, will it actually be snuffed out? You can still spread after getting a vaccine, so won’t we be living with this like other?
It depends on the vaccination rate and the length of immunity. Some think those won't be high/long enough and there will always be some small pockets of infections, especially if some countries have really low vaccination rates, plus animals can be reservoirs for viruses to allow reintroduction at a later date. If immunity only lasts a year or so (like other betacoronaviruses which cause the common cold), then people might require annual vaccinations, which might lead to lower compliance and more risk the virus sticks around.

However, more recent data (2nd link) are indicating that immunity levels may last for several years - if that's the case and we can get 60-70% or more vaccinated, there's a good chance the virus will disappear, like SARS/MERS did - people with SARS/MERS still have relevant immunity markers 10+ years later (doesn't "prove" immunity, since those outbreaks died out).

We also don't know, yet, what percentage of vaccinated people might still get infected and whether they'll be infectious - we just know the levels of people with symptoms/COVID were low (~5% or so), but don't know how many might have been asymptomatic, but possibly infectious. So, the jury is still out on many questions which need to be answered to know if SARS-CoV-2 becomes endemic or not. Let's hope not.

https://science.sciencemag.org/content/370/6516/527

https://rutgers.forums.rivals.com/t...ase-ii-iii-trial-and-more.203426/post-4782651

You mean like Bill Gates who is advocating for an invisible tattoo to prove your vaccinations?
Would you say in year 2020-2021 it ‘s not possible someone will propose ( in the future say 10 years ) something as a tracking chip. No conspiracy just very horribly possible.

just got out of the hospital after a 5 day treatment. healthy 58 year old acquired covid on a Florida vacation. no idea where. I had plasma infusion, remdesivir for 5 days, steriods for 10 and now on blood thinner to prevent clotting. at this point I have the antibodies. can’t infect or be infected, so they say. wife also had it, no hospital for her. it was no joke, affects everyone differently . stay safe!
Wow, sucks to both get it, but great to hear you're both on the road to recovery. Did you also receive the Regeneron antibody cocktail? Just curious, since replied to a post on that, but didn't say it explicitly in your post.

Likely no exceptions. No vaccine, no in-person school. Those kids will have to stay remote. Also, no vaccine, no big events (until the virus is essentially ruled to be over).
This really isn’t about the “kids in schools”... it’s more about the adults in the workforce and as their age goes up more medical issues arise. We’ll see going forward. Guaranteed once the initial vaccinations occur and if no real serious problems more will get the vaccines. The sore arms , residual body aches , headaches will be a minimal price to pay in order to resume daily normalcy.

We already have vaccine requirements for schools, so not sure why you think it would be different for COVID and workplaces already require drug screening, so there's precedent for requiring employees to follow their orders (they don't need to require vaccines, since they're required in schools).

We do not require kids in K-12 to get a flu shot and some other vaccinations that are available. Of course, we do require certain vaccinations. We also do not allow most private businesses to check their customers for vaccinations, which it seems many are ok with on this board. I believe the vaccine should be voluntary. By forcing kids going to school to take it and by allowing businesses to make you prove youve had the vaccine, you've pretty much forced most of the population to take it.

Well we have eradicated a number of diseases that required vaccinations that are no longer an issue. Is there another virus currently spreading uncontrollably around the world and killing people? And as other have cited children are required to have certain vaccines. You also have to vaccinate animals to bring them into social settings.

And stop with the gates nonsense.

According to the WHO we have only eradicated 2 viruses. Not sure if this one can be

Why should children with no issues be required to get the vaccine? They generally get no symptoms or mild symptoms. I know the retort is to protect their teachers and elderly they are around. So let the teachers get vaccinated if they want to.

I stand corrected on Gates as it appears the rumors weren't true.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT