ADVERTISEMENT

OT: COVID Science - Pfizer/Moderna vaccines >90% effective; Regeneron antibody cocktail looks very promising in phase II/III trial and more

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are awesome and must be fun to hang out with in a crowd. Most of the elitists you speak of here provide useful information. And other than valuing an opinion, I dont praise them for Pete's sake. You are an angry and bitter individual based on what I see here. Everyone's got an opinion and should be free to discuss what's on their mind. You act like an ass, plain and simple.
No your attitude now proves exactly what I have maintained . You just don’t get it. As an educated person you and several others even the most articulate and erudite fail to understand none here are blatantly going out of their way to dismiss the information. Some posters on the board go by their own research but many only regurgitate articles , you say,”they provide useful information” . This year what have we continuously witnessed ? Too much disinformation. You don’t see that? We all can google or speak to people in the medical fields. When someone questions or fails to see what is being delivered to the public yes , I find it somewhat condescending especially with your posts to me .. What I just saw posted to the young man going for the antibody treatment shows me someone not being very smart . I do believe it was an innocent thing but still as dumb as you think I am, that was just uncalled for. So before you attack me take a very introspective look into yourself and how you and several others are quick to castigate.

bac2 can’t wait to read the comments which will be posted here. They will call him a fraud, crazy not being realistic and as usual they will criticize you for a “ fake and contrived” video. The simple fact is ... he is 1000% percent right. I am going to take a few moments to realize this all with the hate of a President .

Covid sucks, no doubt.

my aunt (mother's sister) passed away Christmas Eve....she had covid which she developed at the LTC but was in and out of the hospital for some really serious issues...almost 89 years old, going to wake today so I will find out the details from my cousin but this is likely a case of with corona that ended up finishing her off. Unlike my family with my mom, they were not able to get her home in hospice before she passed so very rough for my cousin

Very difficult to navigate from afar. He’s seems the same. Still confused a bit, still coughing a bit. Numbers are generally good but then the nurse says they put him on oxygen for a little which he says isn’t the case. A different nurse each day and his room has changed 3 times. Says his oxygen levels are good but because he was moved he needed to have it. His fing GP is an ahole.

That doesnt make sense. Patients arent required to have medical therapies just because of the floor or room they are in. They receive them based on need, not location.

though I agree with you, you should heed your earlier criticism of my post.

One can't teach (or change) stupid. Thank you.

my aunt (mother's sister) passed away Christmas Eve....she had covid which she developed at the LTC but was in and out of the hospital for some really serious issues...almost 89 years old, going to wake today so I will find out the details from my cousin but this is likely a case of with corona that ended up finishing her off. Unlike my family with my mom, they were not able to get her home in hospice before she passed so very rough for my cousin

Sorry to hear bac. This has been a tough year for you.

That doesnt make sense. Patients arent required to have medical therapies just because of the floor or room they are in. They receive them based on need, not location.

It didn’t sound right to me and he says he did not get oxygen.

One can't teach (or change) stupid. Thank you.

Sorry to hear bac. This has been a tough year for you.

I live in a rural area.
Where do you think we get our prescriptions?
There is a Walgreens and a CVS in the closest town of any size.
I'm not sure where your rural area is, but it may not be as rural as some others.
About a third of the way down the page is the interactive map...

Reactions: Greg2020
I'm not sure where your rural area is, but it may not be as rural as some others.
About a third of the way down the page is the interactive map...
So one percent of Americans live more than 5 miles from a pharmacy that will have the vaccine. And some live more than 50 miles from one. Those people are well aware of where they will need to get to. They deal with rural living with every aspect of their lives no big deal.
For the record I live 25 miles from the Walgreens in Keene, NH. We also drive to Keene regularly for most shopping needs.

Reactions: MulletCork
Really starting to feel like good news is on the way from J&J. Slaoui thinks the EUA submission will happen in Jan, so thinking we see data by mid Jan. Gotta think if the whispers weren’t good, Slaoui wouldn’t be talking about EUA submissions.

"We feel more and more confident that readout of efficacy will take place during the month of January, and very likely an EUA submission will take place during the month of January," said Slaoui.

My suspicion is the rate of anaphylaxis will be higher than the results from the trial. I alluded to this last week.

It will be more than a handful. I know of a couple handfuls in the first week in our system. Hopefully it was an anomaly and the anaphylactic rates will be in line with the trials.

Yes, you are angry. With personal attacks to boot.

The trial rates of anaphylaxis were low and arent talked about much. Try your best to ignore people on here looking to get under your skin. Some are developing a patterned history of it. Ignore buttons are great for these gnats if needed.

You make it easy to label your posting pattern as angry. Personal attacks dont help either.

Christmas will see some sort of uptick if what I have seen and heard are any indication. Hopefully wont be too much.

Hmm, interesting. Current guidelines recommend NOT getting the vaccine for 90 days after infection because the infected person has adequate antibodies. That's one less dose someone without antibodies could have used.

Epi works well and it works fast. Thats why it's a first line medicine for anaphylactic reactions. Unfortunately the downside is a short half life which sometimes necessitates the need for further supportive intervention. Hence the reason diphenhydramine and steroids were used.
As usual, great stuff with one quibble. While the anaphylaxis rate, by definition, will be greater that it was in the clinical trials, since that rate was 0.0 (no reported incidents of anaphylaxis), if one takes that number and assumes it's the "worst case" of simply 1 in about 30,000 (the number of Pfizer and Moderna people who got the vaccine, roughly) or about 30 in 1MM, the anaphylaxis rate in the general population is almost certainly going to be significantly less than that.

As per my post below, a week ago it was looking like 10 in 1MM (6 in 656K) and the latest data show it's about 5 in 1MM (11 in 2.1MM). Yes, this is above the ~1 in 1MM typical for most vaccines, but given the benefit of not getting very sick or dying (or less chance of infecting others), it's certainly worth it IMO.

But put those numbers in context: More than 2.1 million people in the United States have received a dose of a vaccine at this point. So far, according to reports, about 11 severe allergic reactions — representing about one in 190,000 doses administered — have been noted. This is still higher than the overall rate of anaphylaxis in vaccinations, at 1.3 per one million given, but that may be only because we are being much more careful about monitoring reactions at the moment.

It's been discussed for at least a month as a possibility, but wasn't seen in the clinical trials, since anyone with a history of known/suspected anaphylaxis to ingredients in the vaccine was excluded from the trials, while thousands in the trial with allergies to all kinds of other agents were included (and no obvious allergic responses were noted). For the vast majority of people this is a non-issue and for the tiny minority that have some history of anaphylactic responses, they should be getting their vaccines under medical supervision, just in case and even if they have an event, they're scary, but not difficult to treat (and have no lasting effects).

This is the kind of thing that can happen when "only" 15-20K receive a vaccine - even though that sounds like a very large number it won't "find" adverse events that are on the order of 1 in 50K or 500K. Obviously, we're now seeing somewhere in the neighborhood of 10 per 1MM or 1 in 100K (6 in 556K vaccinations as of Sunday) severe allergic responses in people generally with a history of severe allergic responses (like the doc in the article) vs. the more typical ~1 in 1MM severe allergic response to vaccines.

However, people who have these kinds of reactions are usually aware of them and should discuss the risks with their doctor, although the FDA/CDC still thinks that highly allergic people can safely get the vaccine, as per below, but people with suspected anaphylactic responses to ingredients in the mRNA vaccines (with PEG being the only likely culprit and this has only been seen on very rare occasions, so it's not "proven" yet) might consider not getting the vaccine, as per the excerpt from that Times article, below. The NIH is also looking into doing a study with such highly allergic people under very controlled conditions (link below).

After the initial cases accompanying the Pfizer shots, the C.D.C. issued advice that the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines might not be appropriate for people with a history of anaphylaxis to ingredients in either injection. Anaphylaxis, which typically happens within minutes after exposure to a triggering substance, can impair breathing and cause precipitous drops in blood pressure, potentially becoming life-threatening.

The agency recommended that people with other allergies should still get their shots and wait the standard 15 minutes post-injection before leaving the vaccination site. Anyone who previously had an anaphylactic reaction to a substance, including another vaccine or injectable drug, should be monitored for an extra 15 minutes.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/heal...1001d2-431a-11eb-b0e4-0f182923a025_story.html

FYI - AZ vaccine approval likely delayed until at least April. They really screwed up the trial and dosing.

They did, but even if things were perfect, I still think it would be April because their US trial is still going on and they are waiting for that to be done.

Really starting to feel like good news is on the way from J&J. Slaoui thinks the EUA submission will happen in Jan, so thinking we see data by mid Jan. Gotta think if the whispers weren’t good, Slaoui wouldn’t be talking about EUA submissions.

"We feel more and more confident that readout of efficacy will take place during the month of January, and very likely an EUA submission will take place during the month of January," said Slaoui.
A highly effective one shot J&J vaccine would ensure normalcy in the US this summer.

Reactions: King of S
They did, but even if things were perfect, I still think it would be April because their US trial is still going on and they are waiting for that to be done.
I assume they learned from the other trial and adjusted accordingly (hopefully). I'm sure the vaccine is fine, but the data needs to prove it.

And another 100 million Americans can get a vaccine in late Q1/early Q2. With the 400 million other doses (2 per patient) that covers about 90% of the US pop (and easily the entire over 18 pop).
Get real! Production and delivery doesn't equal vaccinations. Right now we have 12 million doses delivered and under 2.5 million vaccinated.

Reactions: pmvon

They’ve been pretty public with their confidence from the start. Don’t get the feeling they’d have done that if they had serious doubts

Get real! Production and delivery doesn't equal vaccinations. Right now we have 12 million doses delivered and under 2.5 million vaccinated.
One question on this. Do we know if two doses are set aside for each individual as they are delivered? So, if we vaccinated everyone with current available doses, we would be at 6mm. Or is the plan to use all delivered vaccines and do second doses with future deliveries?

I haven’t read much here on the new variant and it’s affects on children. I have read that it appears to be more transmissible but no more severe. Others thoughts on current data?

one additional concern here is that since children will be vaccinated last if at all, this variant could extend the restrictions both government and self administered thus negatively affecting the economy more than is currently believed.

Lots of vaccine questions and Derek Lowe came out with a very good blog entry on the vaccine landscape for the major players; it's so good, the entire entry is below. I agree with him that while the Pfizer/BioNTech and Moderna mRNA vaccines are off to a slow vaccination start, hopefully the CDC is right that we'll see vaccination numbers rise quickly. We do this every year for the flu and it shouldn't be that much harder for these vaccines, even with cryo conditions required for the Pfizer vaccine - this is a distribution issue, not a supply issue.

With regard to other vaccines, the most concerning issue is that many experts are now starting to believe that that UK variant may well be more infectious than previous strains and that is likely part of the reason why the UK gave an earlier approval to the Astra-Zeneca/Oxford vaccine in the UK, especially for a potential single shot, where, with a more transmissible variant, one shot of a pretty good vaccine for twice as many people is better than two shots of a better vaccine for half as many people. Hopefully, we don't have to make a decision like that here if we can get the mRNA vaccination rates up and if we don't get high rates of the UK variant. Lots of questions still on how they ran their trial, which Lowe details below.

The other thing people need to keep in mind is that the J&J vaccine has a lot of similarities to the AZ vaccine, as both are adenovirus vector vaccines, with the AZ one using a chimp adenovirus to carry the genetic info on it for the spike protein to prime people's immune systems to make antibodies to SARS-CoV-2, while the J&J one uses a fairly rare human adenovirus vector - that means it's possible that the issues with dosing seen for AZ might apply here, although we'll see pretty soon what their first phase III trial using a single dose shows. If it shows even modest efficacy (like ~70%) and good safety from a single shot, we're likely to see it still used a lot.

He also covers the vaccines from Russia and the three from China, with lots of skepticism on these, although they are being deployed in some countries, as well as the Novavax recombinant protein vaccine, which is an exciting entry and which just started phase III trials.

https://blogs.sciencemag.org/pipeline/archives/2020/12/30/vaccine-roundup-late-december

Vaccine Roundup, Late December
By Derek Lowe 30 December, 2020

There’s been a lot of news, so it’s time to survey the vaccine landscape. For this post, I’m only going to cover the big players that are either deep into human trials or have actually been rolling out vaccines to the general population – another post to come will go further down the list. But that still leaves us with plenty to talk about. The situation is. . .well, I’m going with “chaotic”, overused though it is.

I don’t have separate categories for the Pfizer/BioNTech and Moderna vaccines this time, since they’re already under EUA here in the US and people are being vaccinated as we speak. That rollout is worth a longer discussion, but it’s as much politics as it is medicine. Vice President Pence’s statement earlier this month of having 20 million people vaccinated by the end of the year is totally out of reach, though, and I believe that he has now altered that to having 20 million doses shipped (and I’m not even sure about that). The CDC says that vaccinated numbers should start rising steeply, and I certainly hope that’s the case.

Oxford/AstraZeneca: As the world knows, this adenovirus vector vaccine has been a messy one. I think that both partners need to take responsibility for some real mistakes in the trial execution and further mistakes in their announcements since the data became available. But I haven’t seen any sign of that (although I would be even happier than usual to be corrected on that point).

Last night, the UK authorities approved this vaccine for distribution there. Of special interest is the intent to give as many people as possible a first shot, without holding back supplies for the second round. I think that this is simultaneously the correct decision for them to make and also very bad news. It appears that the coronavirus variant first reported there is indeed more contagious: Trevor Bedford is convinced, and we have early data that would seem to only make sense if the R for this form is indeed higher. One mechanism for that may be higher viral load developing in patients more quickly, making them presumably more infectious (via shedding more viral particles). That said, it also appears (so far) that the course of disease with this variant is not actually worse than the other strains, but it’s not any better, either. And with higher transmission, that’s bad enough. (Note that the WHO believes that the South Africa variant is spreading quickly as well).

That situation in the UK appears to be one of the biggest factors driving the approval and rollout, and I see their point: this vaccine is indeed better than nothing, one shot for more people is likely to be better than two-shots-for-some, and it looks like they’re going to need all the help they can get. But “better than nothing” is a rough place to be. So what do we know about the efficacy of a single shot of the Oxford/AZ vaccine, and about the effect of waiting for a second one?

All I can say is that attempts to answer those questions land you immediately in a confusing mess. It’s a mess made worse by AstraZeneca, whose CEO has made statements about the vaccine’s efficacy that are not (so far) backed up by actual numbers. If you’d like me to name a major drug company that’s going to come out of this pandemic looking worse, it’s them. Anyway, as you’ll recall, initially there was a hint that a lower first dose followed by a standard second dose might be more protective overall (although I don’t think the evidence for that is very strong at all, considering the statistical spread in the data). But now there’s a report that increased efficacy might be driven by an even longer wait between the two doses. I don’t find that evidence very compelling, either (we’re getting into some pretty small subgroups by this point, and that is always a dangerous area to draw conclusions from). And if you’re going to leave people walking around with a half dose at first, or a full dose but with a longer wait for the second one, it makes the question above even more crucial: how protective is one dose?

We do not know. We don’t know for this vaccine, nor for the Pfizer/BioNTech one, nor for Moderna’s. No studies have been designed to find that out, so all we can do is guess based on what we’ve seen with the interval between doses in the two-dose studies. That’s been encouraging with the two mRNA vaccines, but remember: we don’t know how they are over a longer period, because no one was left without a second dose for that long. It’s certainly possible that without the second booster that the protection seen after one shot starts to wane. We do not know. And we know even less about the Oxford/AZ vaccine’s behavior under these conditions. Giving as many people in the UK as possible a single dose of that vaccine with a longer wait until the booster is a gamble, and you wouldn’t want to do it that way if the alternatives weren’t even worse. It’s the right move, unfortunately, and it’s a damned shame it’s come to this.

The US trial of this vaccine was paused for weeks, of course, while adverse events were investigated. It’s basically fully enrolled now, and the data will include many more elderly patients than have been investigated to date. I would assume that our current terrible infection rates will allow this trial to move along rather quickly, but I have no estimate of when we might see it report.

J&J: data on the one-dose clinical trial of this adenovirus vector candidate should be coming very soon indeed. It’s going to be of great interest, given the results from the Oxford/AZ effort, and given the deliberate one-dose protocol. The company has a two-dose trial underway as well, but we won’t be seeing data on that one until later.

CanSino: this adenovirus vector vaccine (Ad5) is said to be submitting data to Mexico shortly, presumably for regulatory approval. Trials have been underway there, as well as in Pakistan, Chile, and other countries. No efficacy or safety data have been reported publicly, however.

Gamaleya Research Institute: this two-adenovirus-vector two-dose vaccine has made some news as well. Earlier this month, a press release from the GRI said that the vaccine was 91% effective, based on a trial with over 17,000 vaccinated patients and over 5600 controls. The release also says that a full paper is in the works, to be published in a leading journal, and I very much look forward to that. It appears that the vaccine is now being shipped to Belarus, Argentina and Hungary, but Reuters reports that the Argentina shipment is for only the first dose, which is the easier of the two different adenovirus vectors to manufacture. Nothing on the other countries as yet, but the Hungarian shipment was quite small (6,000 doses), which tells you that it’s more in press-release territory anyway. It’s unclear what’s going on – Reuters had a source saying that the Argentine shipment was excess production from the manufacture of the first shot, and that they’re still catching up on the second. I have seen no reliable figures on the protection offered by just that first shot – the director of the GRI has said, though, that immunity from the first shot lasts only 3 to 4 months.

Meanwhile, the earlier reported collaboration between GRI and AstraZeneca seems to be real – a clinical trial has been registered. I’m quite curious to see how this is going to go, and whether it will produce results in time to make any sort of impact.

Sinovac: Word has just come in the last couple of days from a trial in Turkey of this inactivated virus vaccine. Turkish officials said that it was 91% effective, but we have no numbers to back that up yet. What we do know is that this was based on a rather small trial (752 people vaccinated, 570 in the control group), so the confidence interval on that number is surely going to be large. Sinovac, for its part, seems to have said nothing yet. I’m glad to see that this vaccine seems to be working, but you would really want to see a lot more data on both efficacy and safety.

SinoPharm/Beijing Institute: this inactivated-virus vaccine candidate has just reported data in The Lancet from its Phase 1/2 trials (safety and immunogenicity). And they have now announced that interim analysis of Phase 3 data show 79% efficacy, but with no actual numbers yet. Note that this is the same one that UAE officials announced an 86% efficacy for, but (as far as I can see) SinoPharm has still made no comment on that. Everyone would very much like to have a more complete look at the data, but there is no word on when that will be forthcoming. We don’t know how many people were in these trials, the inclusion or diagnostic criteria used, nor do we have any safety data at all. So this could be encouraging, but I myself would rather stay home and wait for something with more numbers behind it, rather than take a vaccine on this basis. More on this as more data appear.

Novavax: this should be the next trial we hear about after J&J reports, and a lot of people are waiting to see how this recombinant-protein candidate works out. These will be results from a trial in the UK – a US Phase 3 just launched this week. This one has much less rigorous storage requirements and is generally easier to manufacture, and it could be a big contributor if things work out.

Update on a couple of new SARS-CoV-2 strains that have been discovered recently in the UK and South Africa. There is some talk that the UK variant (and the SA one) is significantly more transmissible than the predominant strains that have been in the UK, but that's based on growth rates of people with the variant (which could be related to superspreader events) not on any controlled experiments in vitro or in animals. UK PM Boris Johnson's comment about it being 70% more transmissible is a guess, but it's certainly a factor in the UK clamping down more strongly on the populace.

No info yet on impacts on severity of the infection, but past mutations have not had any apparent effect. Similarly, even though there are a bunch of mutations, including in the spike protein, Trevor Bradford, noted virologist (his Twitter thread on this is linked below), said he's "not concerned that these variants will significantly reduce vaccine efficacy in the 2021 rollout."

He is concerned, though, in the longer term, with "antigenic drift," wherein the virus could cumulatively mutate enough to become less susceptible to vaccines or antibody treatments, perhaps necessitating reconfigured vaccines every few years (which would not be hard to make - would be similar to the flu), as has been seen in other coronaviruses, but we don't know if SARS-CoV-2 will behave like those or more like SARS/MERS which didn't appear to mutate much before dying out.

https://www.bmj.com/content/371/bmj.m4857

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/12/19/world/europe/coronavirus-uk-new-variant.html

Well, unfortunately, Trevor Bradford, one of the world's foremost virologists, is now nearly convinced that the UK SARS-CoV-2 variant, is significantly more transmissible than most existing variants. He posted a 10-part tweet on this, which relies on three main lines of evidence: 1. rapid increase in frequency of variant over wildtype 2. higher secondary attack rate of variant than wildtype 3. increased viral loads of variant over wildtype as measured by Ct (PCR testing).

This is obviously not good, even if this variant isn't any more deadly or even if it's no less easily stopped by the vaccines we have in hand, since simply being more transmissible means more people get infected in a given time period, such that hospitalization and death rates will likely increase. More details are in the thread, but this is obviously related to the UK's decision to go ahead and approve emergency use of the Astra-Zeneca vaccine now, using single doses (which they think will be 70% effective, as they simply want to get vaccines into arms, even if they're not as highly effective as the mRNA vaccines (discussed in the Derek Lowe blog I just posted above).

Distancing and masking are about to become even more important, as the variant is in the US...

I disagree in part. Nobody has seen the data yet, so there shouldn't be any "whispers" and if anyone actually has seen the data yet, that's a major breach in clinical protocol, as only the data safety monitoring board has the ability to unblind the data (and should never do so prematurely). Doesn't mean the vaccine won't be great, but I simply can't imagine anyone "knows" anything. And as I've said a few times, including just a few minutes ago, the J&J vaccine has a lot of similarities to the Astra-Zeneca one and that one has had its issues...

For those with a background in the medical or pharma area what would you do about the vaccine
Take whatever you can get as soon as you can or
Wait for a specific vaccine

Also would you be swayed by the difference of 70 or 90% effective

And thanks again for the information on this thread

I disagree in part. Nobody has seen the data yet, so there shouldn't be any "whispers" and if anyone actually has seen the data yet, that's a major breach in clinical protocol, as only the data safety monitoring board has the ability to unblind the data (and should never do so prematurely). Doesn't mean the vaccine won't be great, but I simply can't imagine anyone "knows" anything. And as I've said a few times, including just a few minutes ago, the J&J vaccine has a lot of similarities to the Astra-Zeneca one and that one has had its issues...

Well they obviously haven’t seen P3, but you can’t tell me the leads at J&J don’t have a feel how good their vaccine will work based on preclinical and P 1/2. I’m sure they have been following the P 1/2 participants. Also, the good results from Russia’s vaccine tells you a little too.

Just think everyone would be hedging more if they weren’t confident it was going to hit 60%

I listened to Murphy’s webcast yesterday. Some good insight on vaccine distribution. They essentially said that all of the doses are spoken for and scheduled between LTC facilities and medical professionals over the next few weeks. They have more of a supply problem, but I think that gets better in the next week or so, and that’s when they plan on setting up the “mega sites” to do bulk vaccinations for the next batch of people.

Why on earth would we be vaccinating inmates before front line workers and the elderly?

I listened to Murphy’s webcast yesterday. Some good insight on vaccine distribution. They essentially said that all of the doses are spoken for and scheduled between LTC facilities and medical professionals over the next few weeks. They have more of a supply problem, but I think that gets better in the next week or so, and that’s when they plan on setting up the “mega sites” to do bulk vaccinations for the next batch of people.
Spoken for is not the same as vaccinated. We can admit there hasn’t been an optimal plan to get the vaccine in the arms of people. We have had months to plan for this.

Sounds like some of the problem is that vaccine doses have been earmarked for LTC facilities, some of which don't seem like they will have a plan to actually vaccinate their populations yet over the next few weeks. If true, that sounds like a stupid plan. Send these doses somewhere they can be used now and let the LTC facilities get in on the next batch of supply.

Sounds like some of the problem is that vaccine doses have been earmarked for LTC facilities, some of which don't seem like they will have a plan to actually vaccinate their populations yet over the next few weeks. If true, that sounds like a stupid plan. Send these doses somewhere they can be used now and let the LTC facilities get in on the next batch of supply.
To be clear, lack of plan sits squarely with the administration. Their plan is a 1 trick pony, speed up the development of a vaccine. So many other things could and should have been done.

Exactly.
Widespread distribution to the public via pharmacies will be much simpler.
Its the picking and choosing of who get's it first, and then having facilities such as LTC centers, administer the vaccinations, that slows things down.

Why on earth would we be vaccinating inmates before front line workers and the elderly?

Because New Jersey that's why.

Much like New York is vaccinating drug addicts in treatment centers before the elderly.

Not enough death done to the elderly by the powers that be I presume.

a question for those in the first group to be vaccinated: Is NJ doing antibody testing of your group for the purpose of moving those without antibodies to the front of the line ahead of those who do have antibodies?

a question for those in the first group to be vaccinated: Is NJ doing antibody testing of your group for the purpose of moving those without antibodies to the front of the line ahead of those who do have antibodies?
Not that I've seen. If NJ is like Delaware, then frontline workers are getting the vaccine regardless if they had COVID already (like my son who got his vaccine 6 weeks after infection).

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT