ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Craig Carton Arrested (of Boomer and Carton)

I don't know how he continues his show after this, even if he is cleared of all charges. His radio persona is being an obnoxious a-hole. If he returns to the show, it will be a non-stop barrage of callers harassing Carton about his arrest. And because of Carton's persona, callers will feel justified in doing this, even if Carton is cleared. I don't think the show can survive if it is a constant barrage about the arrest.

I'm not a hater, and laugh all the time when I listen to their show. Fact is though he is done in NY. Even if exonerated he can't come back to WFAN and Boomer is decent but not really capable of leading a morning show solo. For those that listen to WFAN they are now in a real bind with the morning show effed and Francessa leaving end of year. Big changes ahead.

Carton personifies the idiocy of listening to people who have never played sports talk about sports on the radio.

Richard Codey should have killed him when he had the chance.

A - He is hardly a Syracuse shill. He has been very critical of Boeheim and stated he refuses to back them as long as he is in charge.

Breaking ..... Boomer just acknowledged the arrest. Stated he knows nothing about it and WFAN is cooperating with the authorities.

B - RU could suffer a bit from this as the fate of Jerry Recco, voice of RU hoops, could be in jeopardy. Not that he will be fired, but who knows where he ends up. If a new show comes in, he could move elsewhere. Today, he is filling in for Carton.

A - He is hardly a Syracuse shill. He has been very critical of Boeheim and stated he refuses to back them as long as he is in charge.

Breaking ..... Boomer just acknowledged the arrest. Stated he knows nothing about it and WFAN is cooperating with the authorities.

B - RU could suffer a bit from this as the fate of Jerry Recco, voice of RU hoops, could be in jeopardy. Not that he will be fired, but who knows where he ends up. If a new show comes in, he could move elsewhere. Today, he is filling in for Carton.

Plenty of room for another RU guy down here in Philly on WIP.

lol-duck.gif

" ... allegedly involved in an investment scam through which he and another man claimed to be running a discount ticket broker business that never existed ..."

That sounds about right.

Reactions: tico brown
I'm not a hater, and laugh all the time when I listen to their show. Fact is though he is done in NY. Even if exonerated he can't come back to WFAN and Boomer is decent but not really capable of leading a morning show solo. For those that listen to WFAN they are now in a real bind with the morning show effed and Francessa leaving end of year. Big changes ahead.

Their show is one of the few that I will listen to. Keep in mind that I am in the car for only 10 mins in the morning so I don't have to listen for to long.

Zap is right about Boomer- class person but sometimes does seem a little out of touch with the masses.

As for the FAN, well, they do have our Governor ready to step in so they should do just fine. hahahahahahahaha

I always knew he was a special kind of scumbag, so this doesn't come as a surprise.

I wonder if this scheme was in response to significant gambling debt.

NY Post reporting that there were emails from Carton saying he had $3 million in gambling debts

Reactions: HeyHuey
L-l-l-l-l-lock him up!

All jokes aside, it is sorta sad. Guy can be a pompous ass, but always came across as a really good family man/dad and did a lot of good charity work.

How about Kim Jones with Boomer? Her and Mark Malusis do a great job filling in and she is nice to watch on the CBSSportsNetwork telecast.

I like WFAN, all hosts are pretty good.

Steve Somers is the best, me here you there schoozing a little Sports.His comedy and opening lines are not offensive, and appropriate for all ages. His poking fun at the the Metropolitans and the always dis-functional J E T S. He refers to the Philly teams as "The Cheesesteaks".

As much as he talks about the betting and the lines, I'm shocked that he's that much in the hole, considering he knows what he's talking about.

Reactions: Cabana Man
L-l-l-l-l-lock him up!

All jokes aside, it is sorta sad. Guy can be a pompous ass, but always came across as a really good family man/dad and did a lot of good charity work.

Same. I always thought he was a radio troll or "shock jock," similar to the two asshats Skip and Stephen A, who get people talking and generating revenue for their networks. Always assumed Craig was a decent guy, always bringing up his family, and doing lots of charity work.

ADVERTISEMENT