ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Craig Carton will be back at WFAN as per NJ.com

Goes away on felony charges related to his job, gets same job back. White privilege. Him replacing a white guy has nothing to do with my claim of white privilege. It just shows old folks like you have no idea what the term means.

It’s privilege sure . But not white privilege . Look at guys like mike vick and ray Lewis.
If you can make someone money , you will have a job .

It’s privilege sure . But not white privilege . Look at guys like mike vick and ray Lewis.
If you can make someone money , you will have a job .
Ray Lewis was found not guilty. Mike vick had a special skill that no one else could do (not saying he was the best qb but you know what I mean). Craig Carton doesn't.

Reactions: chrisru99
Goes away on felony charges related to his job, gets same job back. White privilege. Him replacing a white guy has nothing to do with my claim of white privilege. It just shows old folks like you have no idea what the term means.
I see what you're driving at, but the guy did deliver high ratings during morning drive in the most competitive market in the country. I don't doubt that WP exists, but I think this is more of a case of getting a proven commodity to rescue afternoon drive. It's sort of the same thing as guys like Josh Gordon getting multiple chances. The guy is an elite talent and if he ever gets it together, you've struck gold and you're the executive of the year.

I see what you're driving at, but the guy did deliver high ratings during morning drive in the most competitive market in the country. I don't doubt that WP exists, but I think this is more of a case of getting a proven commodity to rescue afternoon drive. It's sort of the same thing as guys like Josh Gordon getting multiple chances. The guy is an elite talent and if he ever gets it together, you've struck gold and you're the executive of the year.
Josh Gordon smoked weed. Craig Carton used his job to swindle people out of money and then engage in illegal activity with that money. I doubt a black sports radio host would get their job back after similar actions.

Josh Gordon smoked weed. Craig Carton used his job to swindle people out of money and then engage in illegal activity with that money. I doubt a black sports radio host would get their job back after similar actions.
He did a little more than that. There are other examples like the DE the Cowboys signed, whose name escapes me. And who was the receiver who struck and killed a man in Florida while driving drunk but was still able to play? Like I said, I'm not debating you on WP, I just think this isn't one of those cases.

Previous post about white privilege gets deleted and here you are again spouting the same thing.

He did a little more than that. There are other examples like the DE the Cowboys signed, whose name escapes me. And who was the receiver who struck and killed a man in Florida while driving drunk but was still able to play? Like I said, I'm not debating you on WP, I just think this isn't one of those cases.
Donte Stallworth and he's a clown too. Cnn had him on talking about injustices towards AA's after the George Floyd murder and that was the last person I wanted to hear talk about injustices was infuriating. I don't think Josh Gordon did more than that he smoked weed and took aderall. I had friends play college football who did both constantly.

How would I know its deleted? Why would it be deleted, did you report it? You like censorship don't you?
Don't make assumptions about someone you don't know pal. It was clearly deleted. Not that hard to tell. Unless you're too busy trolling 10 threads at a time.

Donte Stallworth and he's a clown too. Cnn had him on talking about injustices towards AA's after the George Floyd murder and that was the last person I wanted to hear talk about injustices was infuriating. I don't think Josh Gordon did more than that he smoked weed and took aderall. I had friends play college football who did both constantly.
Greg Hardy?? No comment on that one.

Greg: Carton’s “privilege” stems not from his skin color but from the fact that
other degenerate gamblers idolized him on the radio show for years. The race card is not part of his getting his job back.... maybe... It’s not a black , brown tan , white issue here but sadly you always make it about race.

Don't make assumptions about someone you don't know pal. It was clearly deleted. Not that hard to tell. Unless you're too busy trolling 10 threads at a time.
Most people don't go back and scroll up through a thread to see if old comments are still there. Weird that you were scrolling to see what was deleted...

Greg Hardy?? No comment on that one.
You mean the guy who played 7 NFL games afterwards and then correctly lost his job permanently because of his actions? Again his crime had nothing to do with his job, he didn't go to prison, and he actually was extremely talented at his profession (one of the top players in the NFL) unlike Carton, who could be replaced by numerous people. Google Bruce Miller btw, back in the NFL after 4.5 years not playing after beating up an old man so bad he was hospitalized, which was after another arrest for beating up his fiance. Guess what race he is? And he's not nearly as talented as Ray Rice, or Greg Hardy.

You mean the guy who played 7 NFL games afterwards and then correctly lost his job permanently because of his actions? Again his crime had nothing to do with his job, he didn't go to prison, and he actually was extremely talented at his profession (one of the top players in the NFL) unlike Carton, who could be replaced by numerous people.
Thoughts on Mike Tyson? Who literally raped a woman that he only met as a result of his job.

Still making money off his dirtbag past, even has a cartoon on Cartoon Network. Treated as some kind of hero when he ruined a young woman's life.

Thoughts on Mike Tyson? Who literally raped a woman that he only met as a result of his job.

Still making money off his dirtbag past, even has a cartoon on Cartoon Network. Treated as some kind of hero when he ruined a young woman's life.
Yup that's horrible, dude is a dirtbag, but who can be surprised that he still has such influence. He is good friends with the most powerful man in the world.

Greg : Before the 2016 election were you this anti ” privilege “ advocate or is this a recent social issue for you In 2020? Never remember seeing you post about it? Kind of strange and weird at the same time.

Also edited above post regarding bruce miller.

You mean the guy who played 7 NFL games afterwards and then correctly lost his job permanently because of his actions? Again his crime had nothing to do with his job, he didn't go to prison, and he actually was extremely talented at his profession (one of the top players in the NFL) unlike Carton, who could be replaced by numerous people. Google Bruce Miller btw, back in the NFL after 4.5 years not playing after beating up an old man so bad he was hospitalized, which was after another arrest for beating up his fiance. Guess what race he is? And he's not nearly as talented as Ray Rice, or Greg Hardy.
If the Rice incident had occurred say (last year ) Ray would have probably gotten a 2nd chance after serving penalty time. Timing is everything and more so in today’s world. I’m happy Ray , his wife and their family are doing well .

Most people don't go back and scroll up through a thread to see if old comments are still there. Weird that you were scrolling to see what was deleted...
For your reference there is a little button next to the original comment on replies that bounces you back to the original comment. I also clicked on that for your original post and it couldn't find it which led to me it had been deleted. Just so you know.

Reactions: Greg2020
For your reference there is a little button next to the original comment on replies that bounces you back to the original comment. I also clicked on that for your original post and it couldn't find it which led to me it had been deleted. Just so you know.
thanks for the heads up! Never knew that.

Reactions: Crazed_RU
If the Rice incident had occurred say (last year ) Ray would have probably gotten a 2nd chance after serving penalty time. Timing is everything and more so in today’s world. I’m happy Ray , his wife and their family are doing well .
Agree to disagree bob i dont think he would have.

Agree to disagree bob i dont think he would have.
Why not Greg everyone deserves a 2nd chance isn’t that part of the new social mantra? What Ray did was bad but served his penalty time. He and the Mrs. are still together and he has done all they requested but if this had happened within the past year Ray I believe would have been given another chance In the NFL .Being a black male with an untainted past history he definitely falls into that category.

Cartons a criminal. Further proof how our society is slipping as he gets a job again while others following the rules still remain unemployed.
Guys a loser criminal.

This.

Continue erosion of our society and any moral values we once had.

Was voted in by free citizens totally different don’t you think? SMH
Like the f***ing morons in New Orleans who voted that idiot back even after his failure during Katrina...or every other stupid failing city that re-elects their failed mayors...the Midwest is replete with examples...

I have no one on Ignore on this Board.

But Greg2020 is currently pushing the envelope.

But like the Whack-a-mole that he is, how long before he surfaces under a new screen name?

Im predicting a certain future ban for Greggie2020 very soon.

I have no one on Ignore on this Board.

But Greg2020 is currently pushing the envelope.

But like the Whack-a-mole that he is, how long before he surfaces under a new screen name?

Im predicting a certain future ban for Greggie2020 very soon.
Why?

Looks like disgraced celebrity Craig Carton will be back on WFAN by October when his HBO Doc comes out as per NJ . Com. What the article doesnt say whether he will be back in the mornings with his boys Boomer, Al, Jerry, and Eddie or he will be on in the afternoons to take on ESPN Radio.

It's bad enough Gio has done a good job replacing Carton. Hell a great job considering that hes been working with a smile in his face with the morning crew has been honeydicking the man who ripped Gio as "an intern replacement." Imagine all the crap if Carton is back?

Should be an interesting October if all of this is true.

Why NJ.com put this on the RU football page is baffling

ADVERTISEMENT