ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Crazy finish Florida Wisconsin

gigantor1024

All American
Apr 6, 2006
Florida wins on a 4 second inbounds drive for a 3 point last second winner.

The shot was the exact same style as the 3 Showalter hit to send it to OT

crazy finish

Except Chiozza didn't put his head into his defenders gut, like a running back, to create space for his shot.

For some reason Wisconsin had Nigel Hayes on Chiozza. Once Cheese turned the corner on him Hayes wasn't catching him. No Badger stepped up to help.

Oh well...CHOMP

Except Chiozza didn't put his head into his defenders gut, like a running back, to create space for his shot.

For some reason Wisconsin had Nigel Hayes on Chiozza. Once Cheese turned the corner on him Hayes wasn't catching him. No Badger stepped up to help.

Oh well...CHOMP
For some reason one of the Wisconsin guards ran away from him giving him a free run up the court. Make some foul shots and last shot doesn't mean anything.

Reactions: OntheBanks
For some reason one of the Wisconsin guards ran away from him giving him a free run up the court. Make some foul shots and last shot doesn't mean anything.
As a team Florida shot 71.4 percent from the line in that game.

Wait, you're not going to go all make some FTs are you? Cause that's kind of ironic :D

No one stayed in front of the Florida player or stepped in front of him.
I watched the replay a couple times. The 3 other Florida players all hung to the wings and created a huge gap behind Hayes up to the 3 point arc. Was pretty smart because you almost don't have time for pass and shoot so you create space for the guy to get past mid Court and heave one

The SEC football power conference now has Kentucky,Florida and South Carolina in the final eight teams in the NCAA Tournament which should be a surprise to most basketball fans.

Wisconsin coach had a timeout left. Should have used it to set up their defense as it was clear they were pretty disorganized.

it was bad defense on Wisconsin's part. The Florida guy was fast and he was going to blow by any Wisky defender, strategy just all wrong. Key plays were the fg misses,. way too many....and Barry blocking the shot on what appeared to be a breakaway dunk after the baseball pass on the previous Wisky possession. That had to be a basket for Wisky, he should have dunked, Barry made an incredible play getting back

Reactions: OntheBanks
No one stayed in front of the Florida player or stepped in front of him.
I thought the same thing. Didn't have to be directly in front, but just close enough to force a slightly different path before the shot. Give him credit for making an unorthodox shot while moving forward, but no effort to stop it either. March Madness at the end.

I don't understand why they did not guard the inbound to prevent the running start the Florida player got. Great game nevertheless.

Reactions: gigantor1024
I don't understand why they did not guard the inbound to prevent the running start the Florida player got. Great game nevertheless.
Coach Gard can think about it while he plays with the timeout he took home with him.

in fairness a timeout would give Florida the opportunity to set up a play.

You would think that these situations have been run in practice before..why you would have your player run at the sides of the Florida guy who is very quick and then have a few players wait under the basket does not make sense...Wisky was up by 2, if Fla tied that was fine, you still had overtime, you wanted to prevent a 3 at all cost since thats what would beat you. Seemed like Wisky defended the 2

I was there, my son is a Gator....it was a great moment. UF was really left for dead after Wisconsin hit almost the same shot to get it to OT. Fun night in NYC. When you see the run the Gamecocks have made, it maybe gives us some hope that we are not that far away, 8-10 in in B1G play, 11 wins in non conf, with two wins in the B1G tourney....and we dance.

Lifelong RU fan and '76 Gator grad. For today and next week ,if they win today, I will root for the guys from Gainesville.Then back to the inner turmoil and horrors of being an RU fan:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Lifelong RU fan and '76 Gator grad. For today and next week ,if they win today, I will root for the guys from Gainesville.Then back to the inner turmoil and horrors of being an RU fan:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
I think if we could hold Florida to 28 again, we might win. Still a big maybe.

What's that saying at UF? In all kinds of weather..

I take my hat off to the Cocks of Columbia.They are a tough well coached smart disciplined over achieving bunch of winners.

I take my hat off to the Cocks of Columbia.They are a tough well coached smart disciplined over achieving bunch of winners.
They've been good most of the season. Were in the top 15 at one point. I was pulling for Florida, of course, but I'm happy for Frank Martin. One of just two Latino head coaches in NCAA D1 Basketball

Reactions: bac2therac
ADVERTISEMENT