ADVERTISEMENT

OT: CVS is back

She will probably retire without an NCAA championship here. . That is a damned shame. There was a time not too long ago when Schiano and CVS were both mentioned with regularity in sports media. We almost climbed out of the national joke hole and she tried like hell to help with that. Maybe we can still get out while she is still here?

Reactions: ScarletteK80
There have been 5 or 6 unsuccessful men’s coaches during her time here . Wildly unsuccessful. She must be doing something right.
It's just absolutely brutal. So brutal, you could almost say it's by design. You can't accidentally pick coaches this unsuccessful: Wenzel, Bannon, Hill, Rice, Jordan. Now Pikiell is to be determined. Waters didn't do that well, but he actually had a winning record, so I'd leave him off that circle of shame. Stringer must've been chuckling to herself each time the school hired a new loser.

She will probably retire without an NCAA championship here. . That is a damned shame. There was a time not too long ago when Schiano and CVS were both mentioned with regularity in sports media. We almost climbed out of the national joke hole and she tried like hell to help with that. Maybe we can still get out while she is still here?

Why is it a shame she didn’t finish without a national championship? Many great coaches don’t win national titles . Coaches like geno, summit and muffett are in a higher class than cvs . The records prove it. Geno basically ate CVS lunch for years . But it doesn’t mean cvs was not a great coach . Just those other coaches are better.

Oh yea right. Women’s basketball.

Glad we could hang our hats on that for the past 15 years.

Reactions: BlockR
It's just absolutely brutal. So brutal, you could almost say it's by design. You can't accidentally pick coaches this unsuccessful: Wenzel, Bannon, Hill, Rice, Jordan. Now Pikiell is to be determined. Waters didn't do that well, but he actually had a winning record, so I'd leave him off that circle of shame. Stringer must've been chuckling to herself each time the school hired a new loser.

Wenzel??? You mean the last guy to get us in the dance? He had a pretty good run

Reactions: koleszar
Plum You may be right but she was the one who was supposed to lift us from our self inflicted mire. I guess either she wasn't what the media said she was or we are just an athletic program that will just never ring the bell. . After 50 years of waiting I thought she could ease my pain..

ADVERTISEMENT