ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Daily COVID thread — 9/11

Status
Not open for further replies.
That’s not how it works. Yet, it’s how the libs roll. Prove you didn’t rape that girl who can’t remember when you raped her. Onus is on you boys. lol
No onus is on you. You think kids are somehow different from every human with a disease. Tons of kids have caught it in day care centers around the country and in schools and camps around the country. Science has shown they have the virus in just as high levels in their nose. Why would they be magic non spreaders? Here are 4 studies that destroy your narrative. I look forward to reading how you claim they are wrong as usual.

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2020/07/200730141324.htm

Last edited:
Look at all the cases in schools/camps/universities in parts of the US right now. NJ's is low because we brought the cases per day down to very low numbers and have been more careful in operating these camps - same with our schools, where we'll hopefully keep case counts low. And cases in other countries are all over the place from what I've seen, so you need to be more specific.
I respect you and your posts here but you tend to believe what you read vs what is actually going on. NJ isn’t being “more careful” with camps. My kids camps were all “sold out” at 250 kids. Camps that last year maxed at less than 200. No masks, no social distancing, only difference this year vs last was more kids. Baseball, soccer, football all full go with zero changes except exiting your car with a mask.

Nowhere did I say lockdowns cause deaths. What a clumsy pivot by you. Mississippi still has less than half of the deaths per 100,000 than NJ, and Arizona is at almost 1/3 of NJ's number. Don't know what point you are trying to make. It is pointless trying to have a discussion with you.
Why is it pointless trying to have a dissucssion because you don't like my point of view? Neither Arizona nor Missippi count probable deaths which NJ does, and NJ also was hit way earlier when there was no treatments yet, and no distancing or masks were used and it is far more densely populated than either of those states. Do you get offended when opposing counsel counters your argument too?

Reactions: GORU2014
Why is it pointless trying to have a dissucssion because you don't like my point of view? Neither Arizona nor Missippi count probable deaths which NJ does, and NJ also was hit way earlier when there was no treatments yet, and no distancing or masks were used and it is far more densely populated than either of those states. Do you get offended when opposing counsel counters your argument too?
I believe NJ's numbers as much as numbers believes China's numbers. Stop with your bullshit already and your attempts at keyboard psychology. I'm not offended. I'm bored because you are so predictable.

I believe NJ's numbers as much as numbers believes China's numbers. Stop with your bullshit already and your attempts at keyboard psychology. I'm not offended. I'm bored because you are so predictable.
So you think NJ is undercounting deaths or over counting? What bs? Why are you getting so pissy because I didn't think your point was correct, and the states you used in your comparison couldn't be more different from Nj. You are acting like I kicked your dog.

Reactions: GORU2014 and Kbee3
I'm shocked! Shocked! To find out that the president's unqualified cronies have been trying to intimidate CDC leadership and scientists in an effort to project a rosier picture of the pandemic, by insisting on changes to the CDC's Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Reports, among other things. Many of us suspected this was going on, but now we know.

Especially concerning is this quote from Caputo, HHS's communications head, who has no scientific or medical background at all: “Our intention is to make sure that evidence, science-based data drives policy through this pandemic—not ulterior deep state motives in the bowels of CDC." Wow, just wow. QAnon in charge at HHS obviously.

And not just that, but according to the article, Paul Alexander, an HHS scientist, this week "tried to muzzle infectious-disease expert Anthony Fauci from speaking about the risks of the coronavirus to children." Completely inappropriate.

Last edited:
I respect you and your posts here but you tend to believe what you read vs what is actually going on. NJ isn’t being “more careful” with camps. My kids camps were all “sold out” at 250 kids. Camps that last year maxed at less than 200. No masks, no social distancing, only difference this year vs last was more kids. Baseball, soccer, football all full go with zero changes except exiting your car with a mask.
Your anecdotal evidence is completely different from mine...and if camps weren't being careful, I would think we'd have seen many more examples like the camp in GA - unless we simply got lucky with the very low background infection levels meaning there weren't people to "start" the spread.

Last edited:
Reactions: Greg2020
LA County's Public Health Director,Barbara Ferrer,speaking to a gathering of school nurses and other school administrators:"So we don't realistically anticipate we will be moving to tier 2 or reopening K-12 schools at least until AFTER THE ELECTION,after.you know,in early November.

I didn't know that there was a scientific connection between the election and the Wuhan virus.Maybe this is what Fauci means about trusting the science.

The audio is on Zero Hedge.

Reactions: bac2therac
Your anecdotal evidence is completely different from mine...and if camps weren't being careful, I would think we'd have seen many more examples like the camp in GA - unless we simply got lucky with the very low background infection levels meaning there weren't people to "start" the spread.

My anecdotal evidence is similar to @vkj91 . Camps sold out quickly and there was no distancing or masks worn (other than departure / arrival) all summer.

I think it's absolutely absurd that kids aren't really going back to school. I have a first grader who "goes" in person about 25% of the week, which apparently is fine, and then has to try and Zoom learn for the rest of it. It's a travesty.

Someone please explain this logic, errr, science to me. How can covid pose such a threat to elementary school kids and teachers that they're barely doing anything, but, its it doesn't effect preschool aged children or teachers who are back full time w/o any real restrictions?

The only answer - and I don't care if people disagree because they're wrong - is the teachers union. And that makes it political.

Wrong as usual. The EU+UK had 33K cases yesterday, while the US had 39K cases (and it was 27K for the EU/UK and 35K for the US 2 days ago), plus the EU/UK has about 1.4X the population of the US, so the US is still well ahead of the EU in cases per capita (1.6X as many). However, it's definitely true that the huge gap from June/July has narrowed considerably since August and the 7-day average is still increasing for the EU and decreasing for the US, although the positivity rates are lower in the EU (more testing) and deaths per capita are far lower (1163 the last week in the EU/UK vs. over 5000 in the US during that time), although the lag in deaths should send the EU numbers up in coming weeks.

Trends are obviously in the US favor. From your own link lol. Numbers guy is never right.

Reactions: T2Kplus10
My anecdotal evidence is similar to @vkj91 . Camps sold out quickly and there was no distancing or masks worn (other than departure / arrival) all summer.

I think it's absolutely absurd that kids aren't really going back to school. I have a first grader who "goes" in person about 25% of the week, which apparently is fine, and then has to try and Zoom learn for the rest of it. It's a travesty.

Someone please explain this logic, errr, science to me. How can covid pose such a threat to elementary school kids and teachers that they're barely doing anything, but, its it doesn't effect preschool aged children or teachers who are back full time w/o any real restrictions?

The only answer - and I don't care if people disagree because they're wrong - is the teachers union. And that makes it political.

Who knows on the "actual" overall practices. One thing I've heard from our friends is they were much stricter when indoors vs. outdoors (where the guidance was to be masked if <6 feet - I could see that being hard to enforce). As I've said before, if it were up to me, schools in NJ, where we have very low case rates, would be doing hybrid in-school and on-line teaching to limit the student density to make distancing easier, along with close monitoring and testing.

And then if cases stayed low, I'd move towards more in-class and less on-line, but I wouldn't start with all in-class teaching, since that seems too aggressive for indoor activities like school (kind of like how we reopened other parts of society slowly and carefully). I also have many teacher friends in their 40s and 50s who are scared shitless about going back to in-class schools and I can't blame them (and being scared is not political, IMO), so if the union is pushing back hard on that, it's likely because that's what their rank and file want.

edit: just came across this, citing a new report from the CDC, showing facile transmission from children over 10 to parents...

Last edited:
Saw an article that people with a positive test were twice as likely to report having recently dined inside a restaurant than people who tested negative

China just revealed that they've quietly vaccinated hundreds of thousands of mostly "at-risk" people in China with multiple vaccines from China, before obtaining safety and efficacy results from ongoing phase III clinical trials. This is just nuts, especially since the case rate in China is so low, meaning very few people in China are at serious risk of becoming infected.

China just revealed that they've quietly vaccinated hundreds of thousands of mostly "at-risk" people in China with multiple vaccines from China, before obtaining safety and efficacy results from ongoing phase III clinical trials. This is just nuts, especially since the case rate in China is so low, meaning very few people in China are at serious risk of becoming infected.

Hey Numb3rs,

Thanks for being the voice of sanity here!

Hey, did I see you post a couple of days ago that you thought there was a good chance that a vaccine would be tested and available this fall? I'd love to get back to the states to see my kids and grandkids.

Thanks,

Skillet

Hey Numb3rs,

Thanks for being the voice of sanity here!

Hey, did I see you post a couple of days ago that you thought there was a good chance that a vaccine would be tested and available this fall? I'd love to get back to the states to see my kids and grandkids.

Thanks,

Skillet
Thanks! Probably - been posting for months that I thought we'd have an approved vaccine by the end of the year and that still looks reasonable to me. Will take months to deploy, but given the good animal and early human studies for just about all of the vaccines, I'm feeling fairly optimistic. However, in the back of my mind I have the worry that none of the major new vaccine types in phase III has ever been approved before for use in humans - the Chinese are the only ones with old school deactivated coronavirus vaccines and I wish we had picked one of those in the US, as a backup at least.

I believe NJ's numbers as much as numbers believes China's numbers.
+1

giphy.gif

You mean facts like American cities aren't burning down even though you're too afraid to be in any of them?
Also the fact that antifa and blm will be taking over the suburbs and moving next door to you , Biden will abolish the suburbs , destroy the police , and take away pre-existing conditions ( even though Biden and Obama protected these same pre-existing conditions in the healthcare bill they put into law , the very one Trump is trying to destroy ).
But hey , I guess fear mongering for Bac is pointing out that 200,000 have died of this and not the content I posted above from Trump . Trump is the biggest fear mongerer around with everything imaginable except for Covid ; I wonder why . Also I didn’t even mention his Q fascination .

Also the fact that antifa and blm will be taking over the suburbs and moving next door to you , Biden will abolish the suburbs , destroy the police , and take away pre-existing conditions ( even though Biden and Obama protected these same pre-existing conditions in the healthcare bill they put into law , the very one Trump is trying to destroy ).
But hey , I guess fear mongering for Bac is pointing out that 200,000 have died of this and not the content I posted above from Trump . Trump is the biggest fear mongerer around with everything imaginable except for Covid ; I wonder why . Also I didn’t even mention his Q fascination .

I will never understand how those folks can be okay with being lied to repeatedly by someone who clearly doesn’t care about them or anyone else. There will be a lot of interesting psychological studies based on the last four years and how seemingly semi-intelligent people could so effortlessly give themselves over to the personality cult of a failed businessman and habitual liar.

Still not the topic at hand, namely how LinkedIn is censoring and banning people for citing and quoting technical papers published in major journals. And it always seems to follow the liberal party line. Twitter and Facebook pull the same crap. Scary. As for your post, please point me to it. I still work for a living and I can't give up half of a work day deciphering one of your posts. As for Levitt, he has made some predictions that turned out to be wrong, but he has some valid arguments backed by a lot of other scientists

Absolutely disgusting that companies as big as these are censoring content for their liberal agenda.

+1
Lots of inconsistencies and lack of common sense going around. The "correct" hybrid model for districts that don't have enough room to spread out is.....younger children go in, older children stay virtual. D'uh. Older kids are fine with online learning.

I will never understand how those folks can be okay with being lied to repeatedly by someone who clearly doesn’t care about them or anyone else. There will be a lot of interesting psychological studies based on the last four years and how seemingly semi-intelligent people could so effortlessly give themselves over to the personality cult of a failed businessman and habitual liar.

Because most of it is fake narratives..open your eyes. All politicians lie. Be consistent and the media has lied for 4 years

Dont know what Q is but i do know you believed conspiracy theories for 4 years. Doesn't make you look too smart

If you like your healthcare you can keep your healthcare. If you like your Dr you can.....

Reactions: Knight Shift
Dont know what Q is but i do know you believed conspiracy theories for 4 years. Doesn't make you look too smart
You actually know what Q is , don’t play dumb . Your lack of intelligence is apparent in every thread you post in . You are clearly one of the uneducated voters that he targets and lies to constantly to no end . You’ve been taken advantage of by a con man , just admit it . For you and anyone else to admit that Trump isn’t compromised by Russia and gladly accepts help from them especially to disrupt our most sacred right ( voting ) is beyond blind . I don’t care what he was exonerated of we all know it.

simple question, which one of trumps “promises” or platforms are you happy with ? The wall which Mexico hasn’t paid forand he is barely built at all , the healthcare reform which he has talked about from day 1 and keeps saying 2 weeks and nothing has been done since 2016, the record employment that he has overseen. I’ll give you the stock market but we all know the government is propping that up but he failed to mention the huge hit it took earlier in the year .

what exactly has he run on and is doing that you like ? We know it can’t be his repugnant personality or the fact that he hates our troops or he purposely downplayed the virus and then lied about it . Honestly , besides yelling at reporters anda dem not being president, what do you actually like that he’s done .

You actually know what Q is , don’t play dumb . Your lack of intelligence is apparent in every thread you post in . You are clearly one of the uneducated voters that he targets and lies to constantly to no end . You’ve been taken advantage of by a con man , just admit it . For you and anyone else to admit that Trump isn’t compromised by Russia and gladly accepts help from them especially to disrupt our most sacred right ( voting ) is beyond blind . I don’t care what he was exonerated of we all know it.

simple question, which one of trumps “promises” or platforms are you happy with ? The wall which Mexico hasn’t paid forand he is barely built at all , the healthcare reform which he has talked about from day 1 and keeps saying 2 weeks and nothing has been done since 2016, the record employment that he has overseen. I’ll give you the stock market but we all know the government is propping that up but he failed to mention the huge hit it took earlier in the year .

what exactly has he run on and is doing that you like ? We know it can’t be his repugnant personality or the fact that he hates our troops or he purposely downplayed the virus and then lied about it . Honestly , besides yelling at reporters anda dem not being president, what do you actually like that he’s done .
People like you who continually push these BS narratives, antifa idiots burning cities, and the continued push to the left by Democrats is why Trump will win again. Congrats.

Its going to be another long 4 years for you.

Reactions: T2Kplus10
I actually hate antifa or the far left and the far right . I also lump the people who protect trump at all costs the far right too, because they hate our country also . Don’t know how you can support a president that wants conflict between these groups for his own political gain. Neither group is good for the country . I am way more moderate than you think . I live in the suburbs but am not threatened by any fear mongering that Trump continues to play up and has created himself . If any a time to vote for a dem it would be Biden who is way more moderate than anyone else they can put up there right now . Ok not into all of the far left ones either nor am I into trump or any of his supporters . He’s more anti American than anyone else who can run against him .
I am way more into facts than you and trump supporters because you can’t even name something that Trump has done that he promised 4 years ago besides yell at the libs and reporters .

Its going to be another long 4 years for you.
Typical low education trump voter. Can’t even answer the questions because you have no response . So you are okay with him destroying our voting rights? Why can’t we have confidence that our voting rights aren’t being destroyed ? What are you and him so scared of ? People showing up to vote ? Let the best man win

I will never understand how those folks can be okay with being lied to repeatedly by someone who clearly doesn’t care about them ----how seemingly semi-intelligent people could so effortlessly give themselves over to the personality cult of a habitual liar.

take out the failed businessman part and last four years and that describes following either of the two major parties. Biden has a long list of lies and he is spinning new ones every day on the campaign trail. Thing is, he may not even know he is lying, because he is just reading a teleprompter and what the party people are telling him to say. This, of course, does not excuse the daily lies told by Trump. As Michael Corleone said-- we are all part of the same hypocrisy.

I was just thinking that the unintentional admission by the LA Health County Director of the political motive for the education action is a great opportunity for Gary U.S.Bonds to re-work his 1961 smash hit "School is Out."

"I can root for the Dodgers from the beaches."

Reactions: biker7766
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT