ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Daily COVID Thread - 9/15

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Science" is often sponsored garbage these days. It was "scientists" who were telling us we didn't need masks, and that the new coronavirus came from a wet market, would be like the flu and probably wouldn't affect the US. Then they say virus was only in "droplets" and not in aerosol

Then when Trump showed interest in a (cheap) 60 yr old drug long declared "safe and well tolerated" by CDC (we have the screencaps from CDC site) the "scientists" cooked-up garbage "studies" published Lancet that had to be retracted. Oh the new 3k drug was suddenly magic.

Now "scientists" are advising voting for a kid groping, senile alte kaker who can't keep his head together unassisted. Everyone knows his shelf life as president is a matter of weeks.

The Nazis killed science once and now the swamp is doing it again.

“Science “ Changes when more information is researched and in this case it is a new virus so I wouldn’t expect the same data in February and now . And if you think Biden is a groper, you haven’t been paying attention to donnys life .

Reactions: Greg2020
Well, LiMeng Yan's Twitter account was revoked, so clearly they think her "paper" is shite. I am conflicted on censorship vs. public safety though. I generally abhor censorship, but if someone is obviously doing the equivalent of yelling "fire" in a crowded movie house (lying), which can lead to panic and injuries (so it's illegal), by publishing something "fake" (lying) which could lead to people not getting a vaccine (and increasing cases/injuries), for example, I can see censoring it. But as nutty as this case is, I doubt it's causing harm other than wasting some people's time, so I'd prefer to just label it as clearly false.

no surprise..keep believing what China tells you

I don't - it's due to anti-science people like you. Congrats, your disinformation/misinformation campaign is bearing fruit.

actually its people sick and tired of science making different rules for different politcal groups...endorsing and say its a matter of health to protest a phony movement is entirely laughable

oh and people like Fauci and the WHO lying bold face to the public...hmm

Reactions: Proud NJ Sports Fan
So you posted an article from non doctors playing the unscientific math angle to prove what??

Dude, the is a random study, not article, that I stumbled on the same time I read that post. There are many other papers I could post, but it’s all a waste of time because even the slowest person understands why proper masks can help reduce viral transmission.

Also, I highly doubt no one involved in that paper I linked is a doctor. Think that’s sort of a requirement...

Well, LiMeng Yan's Twitter account was revoked, so clearly they think her "paper" is shite. I am conflicted on censorship vs. public safety though. I generally abhor censorship, but if someone is obviously doing the equivalent of yelling "fire" in a crowded movie house (lying), which can lead to panic and injuries (so it's illegal), by publishing something "fake" (lying) which could lead to people not getting a vaccine (and increasing cases/injuries), for example, I can see censoring it. But as nutty as this case is, I doubt it's causing harm other than wasting some people's time, so I'd prefer to just label it as clearly false.

You are trolling or really naive if you think that Twitter has any preference for truth.

The RCT sarcasm is wearing thin. They're better than observational studies on average and much better when run well - nobody, not even Doidge (who has run zero clinical trials) disagrees with that - they're nowhere near infallible though, especially if poorly designed, as any expert would agree.

Also, your post betrays your lack of understanding of basic science (I know, you're a patent lawyer - not the same, sorry). There are no randomized controlled trials we could even run for masks and transmission prevention of COVID, since it's universally agreed that exposing volunteers to a deadly virus on purpose is highly unethical. And unfortunately, only such trials would provide very close to incontrovertible "proof" in mask efficacy.

Until then we have to rely on inferential evidence from mask wearing vs. non-mask wearing comparisons and RCTs in animals, both of which strongly support the efficacy of masks in reducing (not eliminating) spread of COVID, as per the posts below (and I could post several more if you like). In addition, there's a vast amount of epidemiological evidence supporting masks for reducing transmissions at location, area, and country-wide levels.

I think you could do a double-blind study on masks. First, you recruit about 40,000 mimes....

Dude, the is a random study, not article, that I stumbled on the same time I read that post. There are many other papers I could post, but it’s all a waste of time because even the slowest person understands why proper masks can help reduce viral transmission.

Also, I highly doubt no one involved in that paper I linked is a doctor. Think that’s sort of a requirement...
They can help but you fell for the math angle. Not the science angle. They aren't as effective as they portrayed or you think. Tons of people have been infected even when all people are wearing them. Doctors, nurses and all hospital workers were infected when they were wearing N95 and patients wearing the standard blue one. So it isn't the answer. Social distancing is. Stop being a clown. The fact you post the least scientific study is proof that you are clueless and a fear monger

siding with China...its so delicious
Definitely not siding with China at all. That’s what Donny does. Appear to be tough on the outside while him , ivanka and Jared profit off of their business deals with them. Baaamm

They can help but you fell for the math angle. Not the science angle. They aren't as effective as they portrayed or you think. Tons of people have been infected even when all people are wearing them. Doctors, nurses and all hospital workers were infected when they were wearing N95 and patients wearing the standard blue one. So it isn't the answer. Social distancing is. Stop being a clown. The fact you post the least scientific study is proof that you are clueless and a fear monger

I think we both agree they help, but are definitely not absolute. The person I was responding to doesn’t believe in masks or social distancing. Social distancing is most important, but masks help when social distancing is not possible. There is evidence that support masks (and common sense), so I’ll leave it at that.

[/QUOTE]

Like we've been saying since January, CV definitely came from a lab.

The market ruse was always silly.

Was it intentionally released by the CCP?
Probably, I wouldn't put anything past the CCP, they are a pure evil regime.

Their useful idiots will do their best to cover up and censor anyone that dare attempts to tell the truth.

Reactions: LC-88 and biker7766
the chinese scientist (who said she has the proof the virus originated from a lab in china not naturally evolved) has finally published her paper

too technical for me. anyone here can help everyday Joe to understand the significance?
It was made at UNC Chapel Hill in 2015. Wuhan Lab "Bat Lady" was on that team. Brought it back to PRC and "improved" it. Question is was it released on purpose or was it an ooops.

nature.com from 2015

Last edited:
I think we both agree they help, but are definitely not absolute. The person I was responding to doesn’t believe in masks or social distancing. Social distancing is most important, but masks help when social distancing is not possible. There is evidence that support masks (and common sense), so I’ll leave it at that.
Masks help is very limited. Social distancing is what is needed. At my store 6 people who had the virus. 4 got from their spouse who all worked in hospitals. They all wore N95s which is the gold standard of masks. Didn't help them at all.

Trump getting grilled at his own town hall. These people ask tougher questions than the press. Trump can’t answer them at all

Follow this thread . What a disaster this guy is . Can’t discuss any policy or anything he’s going to run on except fear mongering . Bac will reply with tds because he has nothing else to say .

Last edited:
lol..thats not a Trump voter and no Im not watching but hey at least he is giving it a try and not under the bed wearing a mask like Uncle Peas
They aren’t all trump voters , and they r grilling him Bt . I really wish the press would do this in his briefings . Who agreed for him to do this ; absolute disaster .

Bac,
You honestly have no credibility. I dare you to watch what he is saying tonight and actually think he’s doing a good job . I mean , he says he running on law and order and did in 2016 but says he has done a good job except in D cities . Does he know the cities are in the US too and he is the president of all the states , just not red states ? Why would law and order be different in 2020 when Dems control most of all of the major cities .?

wow, I don’t like to toot my own horn , but was I dead on in what I said about Caputo this morning. Now we just need the rest of the loony toon brigade to do the same .
When I posted this nutjob's comments Saturday night I turned to my wife and asked what does someone in this administration have to say to get fired or resign in disgrace? Now we might know, although there's been no "official" resignation yet (but countless cries for it). However, what he was doing to CDC was worse, to me, than the nutty things he was saying about the "deep state" and sedition, because I could ignore the latter, but the former was materially impacting the actual data and analysis of COVID in a very political way that is the core output of the CDC.

full immigration plan coming soon ; just like his health care plan , and Mexico paying for the wall. He’s been saying this crap for 4 years and you’ve been falling for it . He’s now less than 50 days away and he hasn’t done any of it

full immigration plan coming soon ; just like his health care plan , and Mexico paying for the wall. He’s been saying this crap for 4 years and you’ve been falling for it . He’s now less than 50 days away and he hasn’t done any of it

cry more waaaaaaaaaaaaaah. get used to 4 more years as Uncle Peas is fading fast

Bac,
You honestly have no credibility. I dare you to watch what he is saying tonight and actually think he’s doing a good job . I mean , he says he running on law and order and did in 2016 but says he has done a good job except in D cities . Does he know the cities are in the US too and he is the president of all the states , just not red states ? Why would law and order be different in 2020 when Dems control most of all of the major cities .?

he doesnt control cities, why do the libs who shout dictator at him want him to be a dictator, you guys keep chasing your tails

When I posted this nutjob's comments Saturday night I turned to my wife and asked what does someone in this administration have to say to get fired or resign in disgrace? Now we might know, although there's been no "official" resignation yet (but countless cries for it). However, what he was doing to CDC was worse, to me, than the nutty things he was saying about the "deep state" and sedition, because I could ignore the latter, but the former was materially impacting the actual data and analysis of COVID in a very political way that is the core output of the CDC.
I agree , they r trying to tear down all the science and all the angencies that stand in their way and disagree with their agenda . Newsflash, Covid doesn’t have an agenda , nor does forest fires or global warming . This is what they do in totalitarian regimes , yet his supporters don’t grasp this and give them free pass after free pass

I agree , they r trying to tear down all the science and all the angencies that stand in their way and disagree with their agenda . Newsflash, Covid doesn’t have an agenda , nor does forest fires or global warming . This is what they do in totalitarian regimes , yet his supporters don’t grasp this and give them free pass after free pass

yes its such a totalitarian regime, now tell me who want to lock things down, allow rioters to roam the city streets, shut down free speech and implement policies where they tell you how to think and spend money and make you bow to blm

Dr Yan says she has more evidence and will make more reports

She says that China released this deliberately
It's not man-made and it wasn't at the Wuhan Lab and accidentally released. But just for giggles, if it were in a Chinese lab, to think the government would have released it first in China, cratering the world economy, on purpose, is flat earth level insanity. Anyone who believes this crackpot is, by definition, a crackpot.

he doesnt control cities, why do the libs who shout dictator at him want him to be a dictator, you guys keep chasing your tails
He tries to be a dictator and wants to be and touts it when he shouts law and order that you and the cult eat up . If he can’t control the cities then why does he keep touting law and order ? What does that even mean ? That’s what he’s running on again and is basically admitting that he can’t control certain cities . At the same time he says that Biden would ruin the suburbs and “ antifa would take them over “. However according to Donny antifa is doing this very thing right now on his own watch . Guy talks out both sides of his ass .

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT