ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Daily Covid thread 9/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
As I follow-up to this point and because you indicate that wearing masks is a no-no and infringes on your freedom.........I asked you this in the other thread but you did not respond......

Does your son wear a mask to school or when required? Do you or your family wear a mask in stores when shopping? Both of these are mainly the result of government short term regulations.
The school answer is no ,not back to school yet. The second answer is we only shop where mask's are not required !

Indiana just announced they are going to STAGE 5 of reopening meaning all venues can be at full capacity, and concerts and other large events can resume. However facemasks and distancing should continue to be used per the governor, although not sure how one can distance at places that are full to capacity.

Reactions: biker7766
Reactions: Caliknight
Indiana just announced they are going to STAGE 5 of reopening meaning all venues can be at full capacity, and concerts and other large events can resume. However facemasks and distancing should continue to be used per the governor, although not sure how one can distance at places that are full to capacity.
At least one state has it almost right and isn't run by communists .

Check out this link. There are other sources out there too but this site has a good breakdown by country:

When I was working in this field in the late 90's the Nordic countries were among the highest incidence and still are and the US is right up there.
Have we determined why? And as far as I can find, is it true that those with T1D are not as susceptible to bad covid-19 outcomes as those with T2D?

Uh oh . Now finally dr birx is turning on Donny. She’s too late though ; she sold out to Donny and his thugs a long time ago . She could have came forward when we all knew Donny was manipulating the agencies and the science .
Please calm down with your TDS. This thread has been relatively calm. And Jake Tapper--what a huge joke of a "reporter" he is. Right up there with Hannity as a clown.

Reactions: goru1869
Have we determined why? And as far as I can find, is it true that those with T1D are not as susceptible to bad covid-19 outcomes as those with T2D?

I'm not sure that the T1D patients aren't as susceptible. But the correlation with immune response may correlate with the ability to mount a response to COVID (and other "new" diseases). It may partially explain the lower incidences in some of the lesser developed countries taking into account other factors such as lower reporting, testing, etc. The T1D story is an example of how immunity may be impacted in different parts of the world due to environment, endemic pathogens, etc. There are so many variables!

Reactions: Knight Shift
Please calm down with your TDS. This thread has been relatively calm. And Jake Tapper--what a huge joke of a "reporter" he is. Right up there with Hannity as a clown.
Lol Jake tapper is one of the best reporters out there even my repug friends think so. Never put his name in the same sentence as hannity.

Reactions: Shell21
Georgia has just passed Pennsylvania in covid deaths per capita. Florida and South Carolina will likely do so tomorrow.

But whereas in the US men 45-65 are in overall good health, over there they are not, hence the average age being so low.
Much less obesity and diabetes from what I am seeing here. In general o don’t trust their numbers but I don’t trust NY/NJ either.

Quick check of "major" countries plus Vietnam because they are so low.

Country- obesity rate (covid deaths/million)
United States- 36.20 (597.07)
United Kingdom - 27.8 (635.51)
Russia- 23.1 (129.59)
Germany - 22.30 (113.01)
France- 21.60 (460.71) ??
Japan- 4.3 (11.57)
Vietnam- 2.1 (0.37)

Other than France, does anyone notice a trend?? At least Boris Johnson is trying to take the lead in addressing the obesity crisis in his country. Meanwhile, our government keeps pushing the garbage myplate nonsense.

Which countries have some of the lowest obesity rates and deaths per million? African countries!

Have said a dozen times, obesity might give a 2X factor in deaths, which is far less important than avoiding cases, via interventions, which is what gives 20-100X factors in avoiding deaths (of those countries vs. the US and other high death rate countries, like Sweden, Italy, Brazil, etc.). That's why the countries with very low death rates got there - mostly by avoiding cases, not obesity..

We've debated to death (no pun intended) the obvious differences and invalid comparisons of the US to SoKo and other tiny S/E Asian nations that were on the WHO's early regional pandemic declaration list. You're not convincing anyone outside of your CoronaBros Club. Give it a rest. Your take on the African situation is pure speculation at this point.
And you continue to be wrong. Congrats.

Reactions: Greg2020
Missouri governor, opponent of mandatory masks, has COVID-19, as well as his wife

Missouri governor, opponent of mandatory masks, has COVID-19, as well as his wife

And in the long run they will get better. Your point is ?

Certainly the cause of many issues here. American's just live too good. Every meal for some of these fatties is like their last one. And it's causing serious health issues. I am all for people living how they want, but don't complain when your lifestyle shortens your life.

Too much fast food, lack of portion control and little exercise is a good formula for future obesity. This is often life in the USA for too many.

Reactions: Caliknight
Lol Jake tapper is one of the best reporters out there even my repug friends think so. Never put his name in the same sentence as hannity.

Not anymore ..KS just weighed in. And we know how impartial and every-sided KS is 😕

200,000 didn’t get better. People that had it don’t always get 100% better.
If the government is saying that is the number DON'T be a sucker and believe it. There is an OLD saying that goes like this, how do you know when a politician is lying ? Answer, when his lips are moving. I suggest people here stop moving their lips closer to any politicians ass to kiss it.

If the government is saying that is the number DON'T be a sucker and believe it. There is an OLD saying that goes like this, how do you know when a politician is lying ? Answer, when his lips are moving. I suggest people here stop moving their lips closer to any politicians ass to kiss it.

says the guy who framed Trump as his Lord, after a long, arduous 24 hours of no self realization whatsoever 😉

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT