ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Dangerously cold temperatures across the Northeast Friday and Saturday

My daughter in Philly had no heat when she got home from work yesterday. Landlord is supposed to get it fixed this morning. In the meantime she's staying with friends.
That sucks. While not an option for her, we have a woodburning stove. Had one in our other house during Sandy when it got cold, and the stove kept a good portion of the house warm.

My buddy who lives in Maine by Mount Katahdin had temperature dip to -25 overnight.

• Wow
Reactions: Jm0513
It was windy here in Playa Blanca Rio Hato Panama yesterday , definitely chilly getting out of the saltwater pool during the day, dress in layers & stay warm my friends I’m not missing NJ right now.

Reactions: Proud NJ Sports Fan
The brutal cold ended up mostly being confined to NY/New England with serious record cold temps up there, including the following. However, we did have record cold in Newark (5F) and LGA (5F), but these temps are still a fair amount warmer than the record cold temps not too far to the north of there and it only got down to 15F in Philly. There were also some below 0F temps in NW NJ (not records as far as I know).

And it hit -46F up on Mt. Washington (all-time record there is -47F) with a US record wind chill of -107F last night. Just a little chilly, lol. Strange winter so far with extended record warmth most of the time, punctuated by two intense cold snaps around Christmas and now.

-10F Boston (first time -10F since the 1950s; coldest ever there is -18F)
-1F Cape Cod
-6F Block Island
-3F Nantucket
-2F Montauk
-3F Bridgeport
-13F Albany
-8F Hartford
-5F Poughkeepsie
-9F Providence
-13F Binghamton
5F Newark
5F LGA
It was -12 in Biddeford, Maine last night.

Hit 13° down here in Charlottesville, VA last night. Good night for a fire!

My daughter in Philly had no heat when she got home from work yesterday. Landlord is supposed to get it fixed this morning. In the meantime she's staying with friends.

Good call. Temps are too low to try to tough it out without heat.

Texted me at 11 that it was back on and she was heading home.

Kewl!
P2koAcw.gif

Reactions: knightfan7
ADVERTISEMENT