ADVERTISEMENT

OT - Dangers of not vaccinating children

I know there have been incredibly damaging effects reported on very rare occasions from receiving some of the vaccines, but I never for a moment considered not vaccinating my kids.

I have worked on 9 different vaccines in the last 15 years. I will preach the benefits of vaccines till the day I die. If I was concerned it would be with the flux of Biologics soon making their way into the US produced over seas. I have been there and seen that and the FDA is to short handed to monitor all the issues in these overseas Manufacturing facilities.

@PRH_RU whats your thoughts on the CDC scientists claim that he and his team committed fraud to cover up the statistically significant link between Autism and vaccines in black males 14 years ago? I wonder if and when congress will supponea him since it's close to a year and a half since the public claim.

Over a million kids diagnosed with Autism last year.

Last edited:
Reactions: jor22
It would be helpful if we didn't have an individual with 24-7 media attention who said that vaccines cause autism.

@PRH_RU whats your thoughts on the CDC scientists claim that he and his team committed fraud to cover up the statistically significant link between Autism and vaccines in black males 14 years ago? I wonder if and when congress will supponea him since it's close to a year and a half since the public claim.

Oh wow, I haven't seen an anti-vaxer in the wild in a long time.

They do exist!

Oh wow, I haven't seen an anti-vaxer in the wild in a long time.

They do exist!
Not an anti Vaxer at all. Just think there is more to this story. And since a reputable scientist made this claim it's worthy of follow up.

If it's not in the headlines Congress doesn't care.
Over a million diagnosed last year? Where did you see that statistic? With the US averaging 4mm births a year that seems awfully high.

If it's not in the headlines Congress doesn't care.
Over a million diagnosed last year? Where did you see that statistic? With the US averaging 4mm births a year that seems awfully high.
Worldwide. 2-3% rate in US

Last edited:
I know you think the linked article makes a compelling argument for vaccines.

But you have to have realized that this thread would just devolve into the standard antivaxer rhetoric.
And what rhetoric is that? Don't see any in this thread except two of you trying to drag it in.

Who is this "establish scientist" making these claims? Money says he's in it for the money / face time. Pure bs

Who is this "establish scientist" making these claims? Money says he's in it for the money / face time. Pure bs
a head CDC scientist has whistleblower status and has claimed he and his team committed fraud. Waiting for congress to investigate. Been a while.

Links below from CNN and Time. Many questions that I think are worth investigating. That's all.

http://ireport.cnn.com/docs/DOC-1164046
http://time.com/3208886/whistleblower-claims-cdc-covered-up-data-showing-vaccine-autism-link/

Reactions: ruready07
hmm, so what happened--an unvaccinated child without whopping cough , coughed on a vaccinated child and now she has it?
?

Last edited:
Here are my thoughts...and people look at me crazy and tell me I am incorrect. Autism rates in the world have not changed EVER..EVER

Our culture has evolved in a manner that people who were on the autistic spectrum 25, 50, 100 years ago were called insane and locked up or were "off". We now treat them like people with issues and work thru it. The human body and especially the brain are extremely complex and we still do not know how the develop and work.

As for the doctors claims it could be possible but I have ready numerous studies from numerous scientific organizations that I do not believe in a linkage. My guess is the timing of most vaccine administration is also the time when parents start to see the personality issues develop as children 18-36 months begin to really develop a personality and communicate.

I hope science figures it out one way or another but until I see data I will believe what I read in medical journals and not on Twitter, Facebook, Google, etc.

hmm, so what happened--an unvaccinated child without whopping cough , coughed on a vaccinated child and now she has it?
?

Incorrect the infant was not vaccinated because she was to young. Research the concept of hurd immunity. Young children, elderly, and those with comprised immune systems rely on it heavily.

Last edited:
hurts immunity?
I know she was too young
so an older child without whooping cough who was unvaccinated coughed on her..or a child with whooping cough unvaccinated gave it to this infant..just trying to understand what happened

Fixed the typo. It is Hurd immunity like cows

Whooping cough is extremely contagious. My take is an unvaccinated child w/ whooping cough was in close proximity (6-8 ft) of this infant. The infants immune system is to week to fight it and was critical because of the exposure.

My daycare, pediatrian, school system and many other groups are putting there feet down and preventing this from happening. There is a big sign on the front door of my children's doctors office. It states " we fully believe in vaccination for our patients on the approved Schedule. You are entitled to your own opinion however we refuse the right to service you. We will help / refer you to a doctor more closely aligned with your beliefs." Or something like that.

First time I saw it I patted the doctor on the back and this is a huge practice of 20-30 pedeatricians.

Not an anti Vaxer at all. Just think there is more to this story. And since a reputable scientist made this claim it's worthy of follow up.

James Harris Simons along with Shiing-Shen Chern come up with this little thing called the Chern-Simon Theory. Jim Simons is the billionaire father of an autistic daughter. He backs genetic research. I'll go with that.

Bet you got this from watching that Wakefield documentary, "Vaxxed".

William Thompson is a disgruntled CDC scientist who claimed that he had detected a pattern of autism in vaccinated black children. The only problem is all the best biostatisticians in the CDC could not come to the same conclusion. Thompson is not a whistle blower. He's a discredited scientist who has since walked back his claims.

Here are my thoughts...and people look at me crazy and tell me I am incorrect. Autism rates in the world have not changed EVER..EVER

Our culture has evolved in a manner that people who were on the autistic spectrum 25, 50, 100 years ago were called insane and locked up or were "off". We now treat them like people with issues and work thru it. The human body and especially the brain are extremely complex and we still do not know how the develop and work.

As for the doctors claims it could be possible but I have ready numerous studies from numerous scientific organizations that I do not believe in a linkage. My guess is the timing of most vaccine administration is also the time when parents start to see the personality issues develop as children 18-36 months begin to really develop a personality and communicate.

I hope science figures it out one way or another but until I see data I will believe what I read in medical journals and not on Twitter, Facebook, Google, etc.
Well said...I am not a professional doctor or scientist, but as a special Ed teacher....I have seen families with two children autistic or parents who are on the spectrum who have a child on the spectrum...there is no doubt in my mind it is genetic...and just like any inherited trait it may come out or not...my godson also is autistic and I could see from 3 months old something was not right...by one his parents got early intervention and he is doing great...early intervention is key...back to vaccination it is my belief that people are just looking for an excuse to how it happened but in the end there is no real reason...so get you kids vaccinated I have two kids and didn't blink when the doctor gave them their shots

the idea that no vaccine injuries occur-and that no autistic child has a vaccine as a causitive factor is insulting and cruel to those who have been affected
say what you want about percentages and immunity and epidemiology and risk/benefit decision making--just don't say it never happens
besides being cruel, you lose all credibility

a head CDC scientist has whistleblower status and has claimed he and his team committed fraud. Waiting for congress to investigate. Been a while.

Links below from CNN and Time. Many questions that I think are worth investigating. That's all.

http://ireport.cnn.com/docs/DOC-1164046
http://time.com/3208886/whistleblower-claims-cdc-covered-up-data-showing-vaccine-autism-link/

"From CNN"? Take a look at your doorway and watch credibility strolling out, leaving you in the room alone.

"CNN PRODUCER NOTE CNN iReport is the network’s user-generated news community. This story, which is about a study from Dr. Brian Hooker about the alleged link between vaccines and autism, was initially pulled for further review after it was flagged by the community. CNN has reached out to the CDC for comment and is working to confirm the claims in this iReport.

UPDATE, August 28: “Translational Neurodegeneration,” which published an article about Hooker’s findings earlier this month, has removed the article. Read more about this story on CNN.com."

"

the idea that no vaccine injuries occur-and that no autistic child has a vaccine as a causitive factor is insulting and cruel to those who have been affected
say what you want about percentages and immunity and epidemiology and risk/benefit decision making--just don't say it never happens
besides being cruel, you lose all credibility

That's why vaccines (and all approved drugs) are subject to clinical studies and post approval surveillance to ensure continued safety and efficacy. In all the billions of vaccines doses that have been administered there has never been a correlation between the vaccine components and the cause for autism. Could it happen? Sure, but why does that make those of us the know and understand these products cruel and lack credibility? That's laughable statement coming from a chiropractor.

excellent...it could happen
that's all I was looking for
anything is possible
just like that poor girl could possibly have "gotten" pertussis from an unvaccinated child; or perhaps from one who was recently vaccinated

something causes autism.Mercury was considered the culprit. Most if not all of infant vaccines have been mercury free for some time. If it is OK to keep mercury out of infant vaccines why not keep it out of ALL vaccines? Something causes autism.

"From CNN"? Take a look at your doorway and watch credibility strolling out, leaving you in the room alone.

"CNN PRODUCER NOTE CNN iReport is the network’s user-generated news community. This story, which is about a study from Dr. Brian Hooker about the alleged link between vaccines and autism, was initially pulled for further review after it was flagged by the community. CNN has reached out to the CDC for comment and is working to confirm the claims in this iReport.

UPDATE, August 28: “Translational Neurodegeneration,” which published an article about Hooker’s findings earlier this month, has removed the article. Read more about this story on CNN.com."

"
I linked CNN and Time and could have linked dozens of other sources. As I stated in my post there needs to be some investigating. I posted those links after another poster asked who the "established" scientist was to inform him that the "established" scientist is a scientist from the CDC that worked on the study and now has whistleblower status. It doesn't matter who reports that story it's interesting and needs to be taken seriously.

The bottom line is that Thompson from the CDC claims there was fraud and the original study showed black males had a statistically significant link to autism after the MMR vaccine. He called Hooper, who he had been providing data for years legally, and gave him everything from the study and told him of how they committed the fraud. Hooper replicated it and now Thompson, who is still at the CDC is trying to re-analyze things. Needs an independent investigation as I said.

Someone stated I probably have seen the movie Vaxxed. That is true. I friend of mine that has dedicated her practice to treating Autistic children asked me to see it. I have spent my entire life crunching data and know full well that people understand type 1 error but often forget or do not grasp type 2 error in statistics. This study was one of the originals and used as a key to disprove the link in the big Vaccine court case so it has some history. To now find out that there may have been fraud committed is huge.

The study had sample from school and non-school kids. (I assume that inherently kids not in school have higher rates of Autism). After the link was supposedly found, the scientists were directed to utilize the sex and ethnicity data from the school records and not the birth records as they had. In doing so, when they analyzed sub-segments of the population, they reduced the sample size and were left with only the kids that attended school to analyze. After removing part of the sample, and part that probably has a higher Autism rate, the significance was gone.

As I have said, this probably should be investigated and not by the CDC. My kids had all of their vaccines and are perfectly fine.

something causes autism.Mercury was considered the culprit. Most if not all of infant vaccines have been mercury free for some time. If it is OK to keep mercury out of infant vaccines why not keep it out of ALL vaccines? Something causes autism.

Once again I will ask are you sure something is causing autism? If you can say yes then we can work towards a cause genetics or environmental? Until we know that I would suggest we focus on the good vaccines do verse the harm. Anything you put into a person could effect them negatively. Vitamins, over the counter drugs like Advil, food like peanuts all harm certain people.

Also You are correct that maybe certain people have a genetic disposition that the proteins in certain vaccines trigger something in the brain.

Most vaccines do not have Mercury any more. That is how and why most Biologics have moved to Prefilled syringes verse multidose vials. Vials need a bacterial static agent to reduce adverse events caused by bacterial or fungal agents. Guess what? The same things that kills microorganism (Sun screen more heavy metal exposure then a vaccine, Antibacterial soap, bleach, peroxides) also kills or harms your cells. The mechanism are the same but you are a much larger collection of cells so Losing a few is no big deal in theory

Reactions: vm7118
My guess is there are a number of posters on this Board who have autistic children. I would imagine that these threads are not at all helpful.
Would disagree. I'd bet they would have a great deal of info from years of research. I know one poster on here with an autistic child and he had a wealth on knowledge on the subject.

Reactions: vm7118 and RU5781
Maybe its milk that causes autism then? A high % of autistic kids drank milk so it must be the cause. Makes as much sense as vaccines being the culprit. I tend to listen to scientists and doctors when getting my medical info, not a former playboy playmate.

i-93602c037babacacc8bc0683f26eb4bf-MedicalWackaloonB-1.jpg

Fixed the typo. It is Hurd immunity like cows

Whooping cough is extremely contagious. My take is an unvaccinated child w/ whooping cough was in close proximity (6-8 ft) of this infant. The infants immune system is to week to fight it and was critical because of the exposure.

My daycare, pediatrian, school system and many other groups are putting there feet down and preventing this from happening. There is a big sign on the front door of my children's doctors office. It states " we fully believe in vaccination for our patients on the approved Schedule. You are entitled to your own opinion however we refuse the right to service you. We will help / refer you to a doctor more closely aligned with your beliefs." Or something like that.

First time I saw it I patted the doctor on the back and this is a huge practice of 20-30 pedeatricians.

Actually its "herd" immunity

Last I heard, the United States was a free country and it should be left up to the parents to decide whether they vaccinate or not. I am all for vaccinating but I still believe parents have the right to make decisions on behalf of their children.

Would disagree. I'd bet they would have a great deal of info from years of research. I know one poster on here with an autistic child and he had a wealth on knowledge on the subject.
I don't disagree that they get information. Whether it does anything to help them is another issue. My guess is reading those posts about how vaccinations may have caused their child's autism is like a knife in the heart.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT