ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Danny DeVito With a Really Bad Take

It's funny- read the story and all I can think after reading it is that the Murphy's just can't have attractive kids. lol

Hmm so he makes it a lunch sandwich. Kind of interesting actually.
  • 1 to 2 thick tomato slices
  • Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
  • 4 slices Taylor ham
  • 2 to 3 iceberg or butter lettuce leaves
  • Mayonnaise or mustard
  • 2 sandwich bread slices, toasted

• Love
Reactions: rubigtimenow
Reactions: MADHAT1
  • 1 to 2 thick tomato slices
  • Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
  • 4 slices Taylor ham
  • 2 to 3 iceberg or butter lettuce leaves
  • Mayonnaise or mustard
  • 2 sandwich bread slices, toasted
All good food should be able to be eaten at any meal

Reactions: Knight Shift
One of the grease trucks used to have a pork roll Lettuce and tomato on a Portuguese roll. Got it a couple of times was actually pretty good.
As it works so well on a breakfast egg sandwich- if you were to have it as a lunch sandwich- the freshness and sweetness of the lettuce and tomato would be needed. I think I would enjoy it this way with mayo rather than mustard.

My first experience with Pork Roll was in school in the 70s. Pork Roll, Cheese, Yellow Mustard packets. No garnish.

Gotta love DeVito.. loves Jersey and pork roll, no matter what its called. But the proper way to order is pork roll, egg and cheese on a lightly buttered lightly toasted seeded hard roll... with, maybe, optionally, a tiny bit of salt, pepper and ketchup every now and then.

DeVito might be the most JERSEY celebrity we have ever had. Even over Sinatra.

Anyone want to nominate someone else for that honor? Gandolfini maybe?

Someone get DeVito to show up for a football game.. talk to the team about what New Jersey is all about.

Reactions: MADHAT1
Gotta love DeVito.. loves Jersey and pork roll, no matter what its called. But the proper way to order is pork roll, egg and cheese on a lightly buttered lightly toasted seeded hard roll... with, maybe, optionally, a tiny bit of salt, pepper and ketchup every now and then.

Someone get DeVito to show up for a football game.. talk to the team about what New Jersey is all about.

Buttered?

No thanks.

Reactions: 29PAS

Hanging around The Murphys, don't do it for
me.

Last edited:
Springsteen and Bon Jovi should be in the running, regardless of how people feel about them. Jersey through and through and proud of it.
Nah.. Born to Run showed a certain distaste for his home state. Bon Jovi does have that restaurant thing to give back.. that's worth considering. First one to do something good for their flagship State U gets my vote.

ADVERTISEMENT