ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Dec.25,1972-Amazing Prediction

RUhasarrived

All American
May 7, 2007
50 years ago tonight,after I had been all Christmased out,I put on Ch.5 to watch The David Susskind Show,a weekly Monday night show of that time.
Susskind was a soft spoken man who hosted an non-combative interview show-he wasn't Morton Downey Jr.
That night,he asked his guests from various fields what they saw coming in the future.Then on came the female astrologer.
Susskind asked her for the future of then Vice President,Spiro Agnew,whom many thought would run for President in 1976.
She didn't answer him directly.
Instead,she said:"In 1976,the United States will have both a President and a Vice President not elected by the American people."
In the Bicentennial Year,we had Ford and Rockefeller holding those offices,neither of whom at the time ever received an Electoral College Vote for either office.

Reactions: cicero grimes
David Susskind was from a time people looked for reasons to get along and were willing to compromise.in order to do so.
Not so much now, it's my way or die a painful death to all that refuse to believe your way is the only way.
No matter what the issue being discussed , some will find it offensive.and demand you see it as they do.

Reactions: colbert17
I have searched the Internet in vain for any mention of this episode. Do you have any links to share?

Okay folks, I took the trash out and barred the door.

I remember Susskind very well. Also use to watch William F. Buckley. Both men hosted talk shows where intellectual discussion was encouraged. People could discuss their differences in a civil manner.

Jane you Ignorant Slut!

FireShot-Capture-23-Weekend-Update_-Jane-You-Ignorant-Slut-SNL_-https___www.youtube.com_watch.png

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT