ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Does anyone know anyone who has tested positive?

Not sure how accurate this is, but I heard a NJ death was a guy who worked at Yonkers Raceway. He was 69 and had emphysema.

I know of several cases on Long Island. Healthcare system is just opening up the criteria and bringing up resources to test now.

Numbers are going to go through the roof over the next few weeks.

The CDC tested 0 people today. 8 total tests nationwide. Hard to know if you don't test

I understand there is a lack of testing. Summit Medical Group does have testing, but not a lot.

I am not trying to make a statement. I truly want to try and assess things.

Yes, a former coworker. Stupid story, the kind that makes all these cancelations necessary. Guy was at a trade show and gets a call a few days later from the CDC and asked if he met a specific person. It turns out the guy they called about was tested positive in KY, flew across the country to go to this trade show a few days later with no symptoms. Eventually my friend got it and has symptoms.

My son is certain he will get it as his wife is an ER nurse. He is in grad school and cooking for a living with no sick time and could be months without pay when it happens between quarantine and possible illness.

got a presumptive positive person in my work bldg in NYC but didnt know them personally. I believe that was the final straw for my co. to start the WFH indefinitely policy.

Yes, a former coworker. Stupid story, the kind that makes all these cancelations necessary. Guy was at a trade show and gets a call a few days later from the CDC and asked if he met a specific person. It turns out the guy they called about was tested positive in KY, flew across the country to go to this trade show a few days later with no symptoms. Eventually my friend got it and has symptoms.

My son is certain he will get it as his wife is an ER nurse. He is in grad school and cooking for a living with no sick time and could be months without pay when it happens between quarantine and possible illness.
Wait, the guy in KY knew he tested positive and he still traveled? Best wishes for your son and his wife.

My daughter is head nurse for urgent care in E. Brunswick, and Somerset. Her hubby is EMS guy in E. Brunswick/Princeton. Talked to her last night. No known yet to them but she says there will be. She is also 14 weeks pregnant with her 1st child, she says she has to work, needless to say I'm pretty upset.
They set up a "containment" room in office where all symptomatic patients are going.

i do not know anyone personally but some guy in my building at work has it.

Once we have proper testing all the hysteria will start to subside and people will begin to go back to their normal live. More testing will prove a couple things...

1. If they test and thousands and thousands of people have it yet the deaths remain as they are it will show that the virus isnt as deadly as we all believe.

2. If they test and cases do not go through the roof it will prove that it isnt as easily transmitted as we all are assuming it is.

Either way it will show we are at the moment in good shape....

My daughter is head nurse for urgent care in E. Brunswick, and Somerset. Her hubby is EMS guy in E. Brunswick/Princeton. Talked to her last night. No known yet to them but she says there will be. She is also 14 weeks pregnant with her 1st child, she says she has to work, needless to say I'm pretty upset.
They set up a "containment" room in office where all symptomatic patients are going.
Good luck you your daughter and son in law. They are in similar spot as mine except for the pregnancy. Hope all works out for them.

Reactions: Yeah Baby
Two at my daughter’s company - one at Piscataway location and one in Skillman - have told everyone to work from home next two weeks.

His press conference today was great. Positive tone, some specific and clarity on testing. It gave me confidence that we have this under control... his previous address didn’t give me much hope.
On the front lines it ain't so pretty. Way behind on capacity to test

Just found out I was exposed to a patient of mine that tested positive. I saw the patient on the 5th and now I’m quarantined until the 20th. There’s an algorithm from the NJ Dept of Health regarding contact with positive patients. As I’m now in the high risk category, my office hours are canceled and we have to report all patients that were in the office on the 5th.

Wife is a prosecutor in NYC. 5 people positive within the courts and DA's office...within one borough.

i do not know anyone personally but some guy in my building at work has it.

Once we have proper testing all the hysteria will start to subside and people will begin to go back to their normal live. More testing will prove a couple things...

1. If they test and thousands and thousands of people have it yet the deaths remain as they are it will show that the virus isnt as deadly as we all believe.

2. If they test and cases do not go through the roof it will prove that it isnt as easily transmitted as we all are assuming it is.

Either way it will show we are at the moment in good shape....
Read the latest Lancet about hospital mortality of this.

And try to just stop being wrong about everything in every thread you post in.

Just found out I was exposed to a patient of mine that tested positive. I saw the patient on the 5th and now I’m quarantined until the 20th. There’s an algorithm from the NJ Dept of Health regarding contact with positive patients. As I’m now in the high risk category, my office hours are canceled and we have to report all patients that were in the office on the 5th.
Good luck

Prayers for a healthy speedy recovery!

All my best bTW are you NH?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT