ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Doping Russians at the Olympics

DJ Spanky

The Lunatic is in my Head
Jul 25, 2001
I wasn't aware that they had let the Russian athletes back in despite the ban on Russia from the Olympics.

Tokyo Olympics: Russians face backlash from fellow competitors

More than 300 athletes across 30 sports are competing as the Russian Olympic Committee rather than as their country as part of sanctions for doping scandals.

They are fourth in the medal table, with 10 golds and 34 medals, but their success has not sat well with some of their fellow competitors who believe they should not be at the Games because of the country's doping record.

So they are paying for their own travel, housing, food, equipment, uniforms, etc.?

Lol. Sometimes when you realize “I probably should have known this”, it’s ok to keep it to yourself.
I'm not following the Olympics at all, could give a rat's patootie about it, just ran across that article while perusing the BBC site.

Makes no sense... They banned Russia but it's the Russian Olympic committee banner they carry. In the past these bans resulted in athlete operating under the IOC banner... This is this biggest joke of all "bans"... And considering how organized their doping scandal at Sochi was this is really surprising.

I actually enjoy the swimming, volleyball, and T&F events. Stuff I don’t normally ever watch other than at the Olympics. The way these athletes are built I’d think they are all taking PED’s.

I actually enjoy the swimming, volleyball, and T&F events. Stuff I don’t normally ever watch other than at the Olympics. The way these athletes are built I’d think they are all taking PED’s.
I swam in HS and always look forward to the Olympic swimming. I like Dressel and he has some amazing technique (best start in the sport) but he looks totally geared-up

Reactions: Roy_Faulker
I'm not following the Olympics at all, could give a rat's patootie about it, just ran across that article while perusing the BBC site.

Don't care but started a brand new thread about it instead of posting in the already going Olympics thread?

ADVERTISEMENT