ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Dwight Gooden arrested June 7 in Holmdel on cocaine possession

i guess i wasn't clear, i'm shocked you would expect the law to look the other way.
I said I would look away. I didn't say anything about law enforcement. I would look away, again, because it has nothing to do with me. It's none of my business.

However, since you mentioned it, I do think our laws should be amended and that both cocaine and pot should be legal. Take a ton of money away from the drug cartels, maybe turn a huge expense into some revenue, allow our limited resources to focus on things other than ongoing failed attempts to prevent people from engaging in recreational drug use.

Despite all my joking about hookers and blow, I don't do any drugs and only very rarely have more than a single drink. I just don't see the logic in allowing drinking but trying to prevent other forms of inebriation that don't impair people as much as alcohol.

I said I would look away. I didn't say anything about law enforcement. I would look away, again, because it has nothing to do with me. It's none of my business.

However, since you mentioned it, I do think our laws should be amended and that both cocaine and pot should be legal. Take a ton of money away from the drug cartels, maybe turn a huge expense into some revenue, allow our limited resources to focus on things other than ongoing failed attempts to prevent people from engaging in recreational drug use.

Despite all my joking about hookers and blow, I don't do any drugs and only very rarely have more than a single drink. I just don't see the logic in allowing drinking but trying to prevent other forms of inebriation that don't impair people as much as alcohol.
Uh...we could tell you haven't done drugs.
It's funny how those who think they're for "freedom" and "personal responsibility" are perfectly comfortable with the government "big brothering" what people smoke or snort.

Where they arrested him is near the end of Ironbound on Ferry Street.Maybe he was coming from Jersey City and went left onto Ferry-a one way- instead of going right onto Raymond Boulevard.

Dwight lived in my building until about a year ago. Essentially the 1st year it was open. He looked great, was coherent whenever we talked, happy, doing signing nights at one of the bars in town, and most importantly going to his meetings. Seems like since he moved - not sure to exactly where but thought I had heard he was back in Florida again during the winter - everything has gone downhill for Doc again. Damn shame.

Reactions: LeapinLou
Some guys just belong in jail to protect themselves and innocent others. This could be one of those cases. And I loved Doc - sad

Reactions: goru1869
Dwight lived in my building until about a year ago. Essentially the 1st year it was open. He looked great, was coherent whenever we talked, happy, doing signing nights at one of the bars in town, and most importantly going to his meetings. Seems like since he moved - not sure to exactly where but thought I had heard he was back in Florida again during the winter - everything has gone downhill for Doc again. Damn shame.
You near Artie Lange too? Maybe they could help each other out.

.Doc and Straw flew in on the the same spaceship almost 40 years ago. At the same time . With the same team. They were from the stars before they became stars and it happened before social media. Young African Americans from the inner city of LA and Tampa going to the Apple where your life is no longer your own . I know there are those here who don't care about that and dont recognize substance abuse as an addiction as they get loaded on beer and vodka a few times a week themselves .I was there at Shea when they exploded on the scene We all know they should have been top 5 legendary performers in their sport and for a short time they were. Darryl took a long time to get well through the love of a good woman. Doc never got past 1984 through 1986 and continues to suffer.. He is sweeter than Walter Payton ever was but time is running out. As a Met fan of that era and a huge fan and as a human being I hope his epiphany happens soon.

Now a DWI for Gooden. The guy is a loser and belongs in jail before he kills someone.

I wouldn’t bust anyone with a small amount of personal use drugs on them.
If all their credentials were in order and their license check was clean...if they weren’t drunk I’d let them slide.
That’s just me, as e5fdny alluded to, it happened on the regular back in the day.

More than one police officer spilled out our beer and had us walk home, back in the day

The City of Newark needs to put up some type of divider near that Raymond Boulevard-Ferry St. fork.Even if you haven't been tipping,it's not that hard to screw up there if you don't know the area.Gooden is lucky he wasn't killed as Fleming Avenue merges with Ferry a little bit West from where he was stopped.

Uh...we could tell you haven't done drugs.
It's funny how those who think they're for "freedom" and "personal responsibility" are perfectly comfortable with the government "big brothering" what people smoke or snort.
Big difference between coke and pot...just saying. And having in the car is also a problem. If it were a couple of small bags of ganja rather than coke, I think we would all be more inclined to let it slide.
But now the dude is driving down the wrong way of a road- we need this guy off the roads and hopefully, find a way to save his life.

He's lived in Piscataway for the past couple years.

ADVERTISEMENT