ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Eagles

Except that you'd be wrong. He didn't lose his job over this at all. He lost his job because he wanted more say in personnel decisions and Lurie decided to back Roseman over him, which is borderline unfathomable. It had absolutely zero to do with week 17.
I don't believe that this had NOTHING to do with it, I'm sure there are other factors as well but this definitely poisoned him.

Except that you'd be wrong. He didn't lose his job over this at all. He lost his job because he wanted more say in personnel decisions and Lurie decided to back Roseman over him, which is borderline unfathomable. It had absolutely zero to do with week 17.
While it wouldn’t have ultimately made the decision anyways, losing on purpose did him no favors with his players

Reactions: Kbee3
While it wouldn’t have ultimately made the decision anyways, losing on purpose did him no favors with his players
I don't believe for a second that his players put this on him. Every functioning adult knows this came from above. The players know it too. No coach in his right mind would do this on his own, and Pederson is no exception. He was told to secure the highest draft pick, and he did.
He had the job, went into a meeting with Lurie, and talked his way out of it by demanding more control. This had zero to do with week 17.

I don't believe that this had NOTHING to do with it, I'm sure there are other factors as well but this definitely poisoned him.
It definitely has nothing to do with it. He kept his job over that as they were all in on it. It was all about who he wanted on his coaching staff and his refusal to work it out with Wentz.

Reactions: Terry_2426
It definitely has nothing to do with it. He kept his job over that as they were all in on it. It was all about who he wanted on his coaching staff and his refusal to work it out with Wentz.
It definitely did, even if there are other factors him losing the locker room probably brought other issues to the surface, I've seen it a 100 times in the workplace.

It definitely did, even if there are other factors him losing the locker room probably brought other issues to the surface, I've seen it a 100 times in the workplace.
Head Coach of an NFL team if you haven't noticed is no where close to the typical workplace. You just want to toot your horn but your are not even close to being right.
The truth is that he literally talked himself out of a job he was not in danger of losing. Many meetings over the last week on the next steps led to him being let go.

Head Coach of an NFL team if you haven't noticed is no where close to the typical workplace. You just want to toot your horn but your are not even close to being right.
The truth is that he literally talked himself out of a job he was not in danger of losing. Many meetings over the last week on the next steps led to him being let go.
Lol I could care less about tooting my own horn, I was just having fun there. Don't get butt hurt over it.

Lol I could care less about tooting my own horn, I was just having fun there. Don't get butt hurt over it.
Couldn't care about not tooting your own horn? 😂😂😂
Dude you actually posted about it!!

There's been rumors of his connection to the Jets. Part of me wonders if he gave the Eagles that ultimatum (eg. more say and him vs Louri) not to deliberately get fired, but because he knew he had an existing alternative / Option B in the Jets. We'll see...

Couldn't care about not tooting your own horn? 😂😂😂
Dude you actually posted about it!!
Lol, did you not see the emoji after it? Lighten up Francis, you're not always right and you're not here.

Lol, did you not see the emoji after it? Lighten up Francis, you're not always right and you're not here.
Too funny. Not only did you post a look at me post saying you were right, you than continue to defend it. I'm pretty sure you need to lighten up.

Anyway it seems the last meeting was more about financial issues. He had 2 years left.
He has connections with Jets GM Joe Douglas many think he will end up there. I think he ends up with Houston.

Too funny. Not only did you post a look at me post saying you were right, you than continue to defend it. I'm pretty sure you need to lighten up.

Anyway it seems the last meeting was more about financial issues. He had 2 years left.
He has connections with Jets GM Joe Douglas many think he will end up there. I think he ends up with Houston.
Look at who got triggered from my post bud 🤣

The owner said yesterday that he felt they needed to move in from Pederson because Pederson is all in on wanting to win in 2021, and the owner/GM feels a rebuild is needed and that Pederson would want to win too much in 2021 to make that happen. That's the complete opposite of losing on week 17 costing Pederson his job.

Reactions: WhiteBus
How many Super Bowl Winning Coaches are available to coach currently?
Doug P gets his money from the Eagles and can double dip in a new job (If he desires)
I would think he has to be considered for almost every opening.

Is Frank Reich a head coach yet?

The owner said yesterday that he felt they needed to move in from Pederson because Pederson is all in on wanting to win in 2021, and the owner/GM feels a rebuild is needed and that Pederson would want to win too much in 2021 to make that happen. That's the complete opposite of losing on week 17 costing Pederson his job.
If you buy what he's selling. But I do agree it's not the only reason he got canned but the bad blood from that fiasco can seep into other issues.

HC of the Colts.
The real genius of the Super Bowl victory.
Not according to Boomer. He is good friends with Reich and he confirmed this morning that Reich told him Pederson called the plays in the Super Bowl. Obviously, he had a lot of input as OC, but DP called the plays.

Reactions: RUDead
Not according to Boomer. He is good friends with Reich and he confirmed this morning that Reich told him Pederson called the plays in the Super Bowl. Obviously, he had a lot of input as OC, but DP called the plays.
Pederson always called the plays but It was Reich offense. He left and it's been downhill in Philly since plus how he got Nick Foles ready for that playoff run was simply amazing.

Reactions: RUScrew85
Pederson always called the plays but It was Reich offense. He left and it's been downhill in Philly since plus how he got Nick Foles ready for that playoff run was simply amazing.
Good points. He definitely played an important role.

Jets should hire Pederson imo. Douglas and Peterson are an upgrade over recent Jets GM/HC combos.

Reactions: RUDead
THe Eagles are going to have a tough time replacing him unless they pay up. Way Up.

That team is in disarray. Cap issues. Old players. Pissed off ex coaches. GM can't draft.

(LOL Thanks for making my NFL boycott easy this year)

I am no Pederson fan. He's clearly inflexible and wants to do things his way. He refuses to run the ball even though at one point, he had a back who was leading the league in YPC. He goes for it on 4th down and 6 from the 25 instead of taking the points in a 3 point game. He is who he is. That said, he is not the biggest problem. The fact that Howie Roseman survived this is astounding to me. The Eagles have consistently missed on first round picks since he's been drafting. We've needed WR help and passed on DK and Jefferson while taking JJAW and Reagor. He thinks he's the smartest guy in the room and refuses to just go with the top rated guy. He worked the cap for years and was great at it, but even that has collapsed under him this year. There is no reason to retain him, yet Lurie loves his lap dog and will keep him for yet another year. The team is in disarray. But at least we'll always have SB 52.

Wentz traded to Colts:

The Philadelphia Eagles have agreed to trade star quarterback Carson Wentz to the Indianapolis Colts for a 2021 third-round draft pick and a conditional 2022 second-round pick that could turn into a first-rounder, league sources tell ESPN.

The Eagles will receive the 85th overall pick in this year's draft, and the conditional second-rounder can become a first-round pick based on Wentz's playing time, according to sources. Wentz needs to play at least 75% of the Colts' offensive snaps for the 2022 conditional pick to convey to a first-rounder, according to sources.

Sometimes you just need a change of scenery.

Hope it works for both parties.

Hopefully Reich can fix him. The Eagles are at least 2 years away from any shot at contending, so a future 1 (hopefully) makes sense. Now we see if Hurts can improve in the passing game.

He had an MVP year followed by a couple clunkers and he was a bottom five QB this year.

Not exactly a prime trade candidate.

He hasn’t been the same since he lost some mobility.

I am sure his monster contract had something to with that.

With Wentz’s contract, how many teams want to commit to his current contract?

Eagles are lucky there was a buyer for Wentz’s contract and high risk playing expectations.

He has all the tools for success, but something is missing imo, performance.

Reactions: czxqa and RU Golfer
It's essentially a 2 year, $46ish million commitment for the Colts so the contract really isn't the issue, it's whether or not his 2020 play is the norm moving forward or if it's something more like the middle of what he showed in 2017 and what he showed in 2020.

It's essentially a 2 year, $46ish million commitment for the Colts so the contract really isn't the issue, it's whether or not his 2020 play is the norm moving forward or if it's something more like the middle of what he showed in 2017 and what he showed in 2020.

Correct, if Wentz plays like an average NFL starter, the contract isn't bad for the Colts. I think that he is probably in that middle range as the stuff he did well in 2017 to make that season an MVP like season (3rd down conv rate, red zone TD %) was historically high and unsustainable. The stuff that Wentz was horrible with this year, mechanics, fumbling, not reading the open receivers should be correctable with good coaching from Reich. Now Wentz has to accept that coaching, all reports out of Philly last season indicate he was resistant to it.

The contract was horrible for the Eagles though since they'll take a record dead money cap hit this year, https://overthecap.com/the-biggest-dead-money-cap-charges-of-all-time/ .

But since they are rebuilding anyway and the contract will be off the books in 22 it is what it is for them.

I don't love the compensation, but I don't mind it. The Eagles screwed themselves with a bunch of gambles that didn't go their way and every one knew they had to trade him so getting a potential #1 is good, but they should have never been in this position in the 1st place.

Reactions: Terry_2426
Correct, if Wentz plays like an average NFL starter, the contract isn't bad for the Colts. I think that he is probably in that middle range as the stuff he did well in 2017 to make that season an MVP like season (3rd down conv rate, red zone TD %) was historically high and unsustainable. The stuff that Wentz was horrible with this year, mechanics, fumbling, not reading the open receivers should be correctable with good coaching from Reich. Now Wentz has to accept that coaching, all reports out of Philly last season indicate he was resistant to it.

The contract was horrible for the Eagles though since they'll take a record dead money cap hit this year, https://overthecap.com/the-biggest-dead-money-cap-charges-of-all-time/ .

But since they are rebuilding anyway and the contract will be off the books in 22 it is what it is for them.

I don't love the compensation, but I don't mind it. The Eagles screwed themselves with a bunch of gambles that didn't go their way and every one knew they had to trade him so getting a potential #1 is good, but they should have never been in this position in the 1st place.
The Eagles have been pushing this salary cap hell down the road for what seems like 10 years. Well, if finally hit them. As a fan, it got me my super bowl. I am willing to sit through this mess now in exchange.

Reactions: SouthJerseyRU
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT