ADVERTISEMENT

OT: English Premier League Championship Sunday

JMORC2003

All Conference
Dec 22, 2008
Who’s following?? Hoping Steven Gerrard and Aston Villa can pull off an upset over City and open the door for his former club Liverpool. (Besides, would be two epic collapses by City)

Tottenham and Arsenal still battling for the top 4.

Burnley and Leeds tied for the last relegation spot, winner gets to stay in the EPL, loser moves down (if they both win or draw Burnley stays)

Going to be a fun Sunday of football.

Last edited:
Reactions: cicero grimes
BTW, I’m hoping City pulls it off and continues its PL dominance for the past decade. Just wish that THING in Madrid didn’t happen couple weeks ago lol.

Relegation needs to be adopted by all US sports.
I agree for sports like basketball and hockey it could work. College sports as well. Not so much for baseball (due to size of minor league parks) and really nothing for football. Soccer may be tough as well.

0_GettyImages-1141554615.jpg

Also, West Ham and ManU battling for the last Europa League spot. Loser goes to the Europa Conference League next season.

I agree for sports like basketball and hockey it could work. College sports as well. Not so much for baseball (due to size of minor league parks) and really nothing for football. Soccer may be tough as well.

Would be best for baseball. Season is over for so many teams after the first month of games. Also would love an FA Cup style tournament for baseball. Having the Yankees play the Dayton Dragons In a home and away series would be awesome.

Would be best for baseball. Season is over for so many teams after the first month of games. Also would love an FA Cup style tournament for baseball. Having the Yankees play the Dayton Dragons In a home and away series would be awesome.
As Doctor Worm mentioned above, it would not work for most sports in the US because most teams in the lower leagues can only survive by affiliating with a major league team.

You couldn’t have an MLB team relegated to play in the same league as their AAA affiliate because there is too much chance of collusion.

In soccer where there is relegation, the only league I know where there are affiliated teams is the Bundesliga, where the top teams are allowed to have to a reserve team play in the leagues, but the reserve team plays in the 4th division and cannot be promoted even if they win the 4th division, specifically to avoid the potential of the club and its reserve team ever playing in the same league.

Reactions: tico brown
I am not much on soccer, but my best friend is an Everton fan. I know they survived by winning the other day.

Great last day drama at halftime. Title up for grabs, CL spot on the line, relegation on the line. Hang on Spurs!!!

Bah. Man City... NYCFC... a pox on both their houses
As much as I wanted to cheer for NYC (since I wasn’t interested in soccer in the MetroStars days), NYCFC is a 💩 show with no home field. They might as well move to Harrison and pay rent for a real soccer field instead of bouncing between Citi and Yankee Stadiums.

Was an incredible championship Sunday, with amazing drama from beginning to end. Wanted to see Liverpool win the title and they almost did it - if only Aston Villa could have held on after going up 2-0, but City showed what they were made of by scoring 3 goals in 10 minutes to win the game and the title. Hoping Liverpool beats Real Madrid on Saturday to win the CL.

Champions league finals tomorrow, Saturday May 28, 3pm.

Also reports are that Antonio Conte is returning to Tottenham, huge news for Spurs.

And don’t forget Sunday is the final to decide which 3rd team gets promoted to the Premier league. I am rooting for Nottingham.

Reports of Ivan Perišić agreeing to terms with Tottenham, not a done deal. Still can change.

Last edited:
not super excited about signing someone that old, but i get what conte and paratici are trying to do.
Free signing and had a good season. Conte knows him well and wants him. That’s fine by me. Two year deal.

Would have preferred Kostic but still a good option at LWB that can also play multiple positions.

Free signing and had a good season. Conte knows him well and wants him. That’s fine by me. Two year deal.

Would have preferred Kostic but still a good option at LWB that can also play multiple positions.
understood. but, as a club that's always going to be fighting an uphill battle against the big money clubs, would prefer that paratici invest in players who are about to hit their prime or are just in their prime to preserve at least some sell on value and have value even if conte decides to pack his bags and leave...which he will.

understood. but, as a club that's always going to be fighting an uphill battle against the big money clubs, would prefer that paratici invest in players who are about to hit their prime or are just in their prime to preserve at least some sell on value and have value even if conte decides to pack his bags and leave...which he will.
Let’s see where they go from here. They finally have a war chest to use and this and the backup goalkeeper Forster are free transfers.

Get me Bastoni and Spence

Let’s see where they go from here. They finally have a war chest to use and this and the backup goalkeeper Forster are free transfers.

Get me Bastoni and Spence
i think midfield depth is a bigger issue. winks is likely leaving, so that leaves us with 3 in MF plus Sarr, who's still real young and had an up and mostly down season in France.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT