ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Eric Church at MSG

Did not go to the concert but saw him open for Kenny Chesney about 8 years ago. He was great. Was cool seeing him sing Springsteen in MetLife Stadium.

Was not at Eric Church, but have to say MSG continues to be the absolute best arena to see a concert in the NYC metro area. We went to the Golden Jubilee 50th Anniversary for Bangladesh with the Scorpions, and as usual, the experience was fantastic. The ushers are great at getting you to your seat and booting people who are not sitting in their seats. The sound is always fantastic too. Easy in and out taking the train.

Reactions: newell138
A couple years ago, I pretty much stopped listening to mainstream country stations. I couldn’t listen to one more Keith Urban song. Like Eric Church and another guy with a somewhat grittier voice named Brantley Gilbert. Now I pretty much go with Red Dirt Country music internet stations these days.

I don't listen to country music, but I've heard Church perform at the Greg Allman "All My Friends" show years back. The guy sounded like one of the Chipmunks...I think it was Theodore.

A couple years ago, I pretty much stopped listening to mainstream country stations. I couldn’t listen to one more Keith Urban song. Like Eric Church and another guy with a somewhat grittier voice named Brantley Gilbert. Now I pretty much go with Red Dirt Country music internet stations these days.
Check out Zach Bryan if you haven’t heard him yet. He just released a new album 34 songs, 2 hours worth of music. Not for everyone, but I’d you like red dirt country you’ll probably like him.

Also, Turnpike has started touring again after a long break. I’m trying to get out to one of their shows.

Reactions: HeavenUniv.
Was anyone there last night?

I’ve seen him quite a few times and last night was one of the best shows I've seen.
My 5th time seeing him the other night. Had great seats. Got to shake his hand when he came down during “Springsteen”. Awesome show! I was able to get a copy of the set list, a guitar pic and a cup from his crew. Will post pics tomorrow. Seeing him in concert is the best, people stand the whole night.

Check out Zach Bryan if you haven’t heard him yet. He just released a new album 34 songs, 2 hours worth of music. Not for everyone, but I’d you like red dirt country you’ll probably like him.

Also, Turnpike has started touring again after a long break. I’m trying to get out to one of their shows.
I have been listening to tons of acts-Kevin Fowler, Josh Abbott, Jon Wolfe, Holly Tucker, Creed Fischer, Curtis Grimes, Granger Smith, Aaron Watson, Bri Braswell, Chris LeDoux. Usually listen on realtexasradio.com , thereddirtrebel.com, or radiofreetexas.com. Not too much I haven’t liked so far. It isn’t that I hate mainstream country. It is just that a lot of what the radio stations play is just pop , not country at all. If George Strait , Merle Haggard, George Jones , Johnny Cash, came along today , mainstream country would never play their music.

His fans are great—

These are from the other night. What sucks is I didn't get a pic shaking his hand. My wife had my phone and was away from her seat. She had my phone because she forgot hers at home and needed it in case they asked for tickets.
52093882194_9c7d87464c_c.jpg

52093882454_a5ddd58eab_c.jpg

These are from the other night. What sucks is I didn't get a pic shaking his hand. My wife had my phone and was away from her seat. She had my phone because she forgot hers at home and needed it in case they asked for tickets.

Security ! “There is some guy wearing a Rutgers shirt trying to jump onstage”

• Haha
Reactions: Postman_1

Pretty cool stuff

I guess now we wait for a new album? 🤷🏼‍♂️

I have been listening to tons of acts-Kevin Fowler, Josh Abbott, Jon Wolfe, Holly Tucker, Creed Fischer, Curtis Grimes, Granger Smith, Aaron Watson, Bri Braswell, Chris LeDoux. Usually listen on realtexasradio.com , thereddirtrebel.com, or radiofreetexas.com. Not too much I haven’t liked so far. It isn’t that I hate mainstream country. It is just that a lot of what the radio stations play is just pop , not country at all. If George Strait , Merle Haggard, George Jones , Johnny Cash, came along today , mainstream country would never play their music.
Props on knowing Chris LeDoux--his song "Five-Dollar Fine" is hilarious and practically perfect! A few others who are good, non-pop country artists are Amanda Shires (Jason Isbell's wife). Amanda's song "When You Need a Train it Never Comes" is about a good a song as I've heard. Billy Dean's songs got airtime in the early '90's, but they weren't pop the way Nashville would become a decade later.

A few other artists I enjoy are Teea Goans, Kayla Ray, Alison Krauss (I'm sure you know her music well), Moe Bandy, David Ball, and Mo Pitney (Mo's rendition of George Jones's "Who's Gonna Fill Their Shoes" is incredible). Good to see traditional and neo-traditional fans in the Rutgers fold.

Here are Amanda and Mo, just for easy reference:

Pretty cool stuff

Yeah, probably wont be till next year but you never know. The last two that came out he wrote for 28 days at his place in Carolina. They came quicker then expected IMO.

Reactions: The RUT
Yeah, probably wont be till next year but you never know. The last two that came out he wrote for 28 days at his place in Carolina. They came quicker then expected IMO.
I’m hoping for a live album, surprised we didn’t get one from last tour. Or maybe an unreleased songs album, he’s got quite a few hidden gems.

Yeah country music radio is a no go for me too.

Jon Wolfe is really good, it’s a shame more don’t know about him

Pretty cool stuff

New summer tour coming up. I got tickets for the Camden show. He will be with Whiskey Myers.

As far as Zach Bryan goes he just announced a tour. He is bypassing crooked Ticketmaster and I think thats awesome. You have to register for a chance to get tickets. I registered for philthadelphia and the Queens show

Reactions: The RUT
New summer tour coming up. I got tickets for the Camden show. He will be with Whiskey Myers.

As far as Zach Bryan goes he just announced a tour. He is bypassing crooked Ticketmaster and I think thats awesome. You have to register for a chance to get tickets. I registered for philthadelphia and the Queens show

Bought tickets for PNC. Saw him in Nissan stadium in Nashville a few years ago and he put on a good show.

I have registered for the Zach Bryan show, but for the first time ever I haven’t made a move on Chief’s tour yet.

I haven’t been so happy with him lately, feels like he’s pulling a Springsteen and losing his way a bit.

I have registered for the Zach Bryan show, but for the first time ever I haven’t made a move on Chief’s tour yet.

I haven’t been so happy with him lately, feels like he’s pulling a Springsteen and losing his way a bit.
Nice, I hear ya. I do like his older stuff better then the newer stuff (his triple release). I like Wiskey Myers too so its a win win for me.

ADVERTISEMENT