ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Euro 2020 starts today

I’m shocked they are going to play this game right now. Half the players on both sides were in tears.

Kudos to the medical staff. I’ve seen that blank open eyed look on Erikson’s face before. Really thought he was gone. They just may have brought him back to life.

Reports are that Christian called his teammates from the hospital.

Updated release on Christian from Denmark

This morning we have spoken to Christian Eriksen, who has sent his greetings to his teammates. His condition is stable, and he continues to be hospitalised for further examination.

Reactions: cshelley
England vs Croatia to start things off today. Come on Harry, COYS!!!

interesting team selection. Not sure how you can keep Grealish out of the lineup.

Not a big soccer fan but do like to watch these international tourneys…read England was 2nd favorite after France and ahead of Belgium…missed the first 10-15 min of the game…can’t say I saw much from England the rest of the half.

Not a big soccer fan but do like to watch these international tourneys…read England was 2nd favorite after France and ahead of Belgium…missed the first 10-15 min of the game…can’t say I saw much from England the rest of the half.
First 15 minutes England dominated, Croatia slowly crept back into it.

Reactions: rutgersguy1
Surprised they have England second favorite. I would have expected Portugal.
Don’t know if that was everywhere but that was just one sports website I had read. I think it was France, England, Belgium..and Portugal may have been 4th I don’t remember. Germany is the team I root for but they and Spain and Netherlands were farther down the list like in the second tier.

Sterling has some speed and looks like a potential threat on any given possession.

edit: maybe spoke to soon on Sterling lol…that was a pretty bad shot.

Last edited:
First 15 minutes England dominated, Croatia slowly crept back into it.
Except against UK nations and the USA, I'm a huge Croatia fan. How can you not admire a team from a nation with a population that is less than half of New Jersey punching above its weight the way their team does.

Reactions: mdh2003
The way the tournament is setup it’s probably better to come in second place in England’s group. The group winners will play the second place team in the France, Portugal, Germany group, while the second place team would play a team from a different group.

Reactions: GoodOl'Rutgers
Except against UK nations and the USA, I'm a huge Croatia fan. How can you not admire a team from a nation with a population that is less than half of New Jersey punching above its weight the way their team does.
And, to me, the best jerseys in the world. The GRB is awesome.

26d396b6c3d9e9bdd5bf5409594d6993.jpg

Reactions: LBusDoor90
If anyone else needed a geographical reminder about what Yugoslavia turned into because of today’s participants, here you go (and it’s amazing how difficult it is to find a map denoting North Macedonia as anything other than Macedonia even though it’s been that since February 2019, largely because of Greek insistence since much of the region by that name is inside Greece)…

3_%20yugoslavia_map_1991_sml_en.png

Been a Modric fan since his days at Spurs.

(and it’s amazing how difficult it is to find a map denoting North Macedonia as anything other than Macedonia even though it’s been that since February 2019, largely because of Greek insistence since much of the region by that name is inside Greece)…

The Greeks have a point.. as was described to me back in the mid-90s by an American Greek.

Philip of Macedon and his son Alexander.. ya know.. "the Great".. were both Greeks as were Spartans, Athenians, etc.

The new nation that called itself Macedon wanted to claim that history. But it is not theirs.. it belongs to the region SOUTH of them... which is inside GREECE.

Last edited:
Reactions: LBusDoor90
What a heads up play by the Czech player scoring from way out with goalie far out of goal. Nice smart play.
Amazing shot by Schick, who also had a gorgeous header goal in the first half, from over 50 yards out. Too bad, as the Scots had started out well in the 2nd half, hitting the crossbar. Almost as good as Carli Lloyd's goal from midfield in the World Cup final against Japan.

To put that goal into perspective - imagine a field goal kicker attempting a 50 yard field goal on a dead run - but the kick has to go exactly 50 yards. 49 is no good, and 51 is no good.

Damn, own goal. Poland dominating possession but down 1-0

ADVERTISEMENT