ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Euro 2020 starts today

Go Hungary!! 1-0 in extra time 1st half.

Hungary hangs on for a draw…solid result.

Last edited:
Way too much grabbing, flopping and fake head injuries from Hungary for me.
I like rooting for the underdog sometimes. I don’t watch as much soccer as others here but think the flopping and faking while not gone completely has cleaned up quite a bit in recent times from whatever I do watch in international play.

Portugal scores three goals in the first half vs Germany. Unfortunately for them two were own goals in the wrong net.

2-1 Germany at the half.

Well the next two German goals were all Germany. Great wake up call and good for tie breakers. Nice cross and header. 4-1

4-2 good win but defense looks shaky at times…didn’t see the urgency to get to and clear balls sometimes

Last edited:
Nice header and placement for Poland. 1-1 with Spain.

Wow thought it was going to be easy come easy go for Poland….Spain getting the penalty but off the post and missed the rebound too. First ever miss of a PK at the Euros for Spain in regulation play.

Last edited:
Reactions: fg7321
Good to see Poland today fun game Spain much better technical team Poland played with heart

Spain has a very young team with some veterans and I think their strategy is to get the young guys experience for the World Cup. I’m not sure they’ll get out of the group. They had some chances like the missed penalty but the team needs work.

France under this coach is sort of the new Italy. Attacking talent across the pitch but are fine winning 1-0 ugly.
And now ESPN FC.com top story is what's wrong with France/are they too pragmatic plus how great Italy is. The French are exactly what they've been for 6+ years (and still very well could/should win this tourney). If they meet the Italians at some point my bet would be Italy's wonderful offense will score zip.

Reactions: LBusDoor90
Russia with a nice gift for Denmark lol. Passed the ball back to the goalie not realizing Denmark player was still back there and he just easily put it in. They got a 2 goal lead they need now if Belgium can give them a little help and put away Finland. Still could get in as third place too possibly I think.

edit well that went from a high to low for Denmark. Belgium scored to go up 1-0 and they look like they could get into next round and then the goal is taken off for being offsides and then Russia gets a PK and all happened just about simultaneously.

Last edited:
Lukaku's goal for Belgium on a gorgeous entry pass from De Bruyne just taken away for the closest offsides goal VAR ever, lol. Hate replays in all sports - shouldn't take 2 minutes to make that kind of decision.

Well Belgium has done their part again off the post and the goalie’s hand and in. 1-0. Denmark needs another goal to go up by 2.

And now Belgium with a second for good measure on that end too 2-0. Looking good for Denmark now with only about 10 min left in each game and a goal cushion over what’s needed on both games too.

Reactions: RUTRINI
I’m not a soccer expert like some of you guys but from what I’ve seen from England in this tourney…other than having a bunch of games at Wembley not sure how they were the second favorite to win it by the odds. They look okay overall but nothing impressive.

I’m not a soccer expert like some of you guys but from what I’ve seen from England in this tourney…other than having a bunch of games at Wembley not sure how they were the second favorite to win it by the odds. They look okay overall but nothing impressive.
the talent level is high. the coaching level is low. what comes out is a slightly above average product.

Oh man Slovakia GK instead of punching the high ball coming down over the bar instead punches it into his own net. Haven’t seen one like that before lol. Btw that same GK made a penalty save earlier in the game too.

edit: Spain in good shape now to move on up 2-0 on a nicely placed header on a ball Slovakia had trouble clearing.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT